+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tooth Ache...need help

Banned

Default Tooth Ache...need help

Okay, So i have an appointment at the dentist tomorrow. But this tooth is killing me...Im tripping on Hydrocodine right now and it still hurts like all hell. The only thing that helps is when i have Ice water and its sitting on it. That helps for about 30 seconds then it starts again....Any dentists out here know what i can do?

Plane Touched

You could try some Clove OIl from the drug store (i.e Walgreens, CVS.)

RUB SOME Robitussin ON IT
    Cause I AM

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Burtskee View Post
    RUB SOME Robitussin ON IT
    Hehe, dont think that would go so well with the 4 Hydrocodine pills i took. ^_^

Personally, i think i would take a lot of sleeping medicine and go to bed
    Cause I AM

Take a whole clove...and put it between your tooth and yer gumline. DO NOT SWALLOW IT!
    maybe wrap it in a papertowel so don't swallow it. it'll make you sick as hell at the very least if you do lol. But, after 5ish minutes it will numb the tooth at the gumline.
    I hope this helps, and I feel sorry for ya. Nuthin sucks more than a toothache.
    Original signature done by me!
    A good friend will help you out no matter what.I'm going to visit my BFF later...Inmate # 100846 oh the good times we had!

I had a severe toothache problem years ago. I was in so much damn pain that I was on the verge of tears. I tried Tylenol, Cloves, Ice, nothing seemed to work.

Then I found Excedrin Tablet Melts, I took one and like magic the pain was gone. Not sure if they still sell them, but if they do, I suggest given it a try. =)

Hope ya feel better.

Soulwalker

Cotton ball soaked with anbesol stuffed in jaw around the area it's bothering you + the painkillers

Whiskey .

Banned

Thanks for all the suggestions....

Maybe i should just find a drug dealer, get some coke and rub it down ^_^
    Last edited by Jupitar; 02-12-2011 at 09:40 PM.

BtW, taking too many painkillers will give you a "painkiller hangover" you'll feel like **** tomorrow.
    Try to stick with the recommended amount lol. You can try an anti inflammatory like Ibuprophen too
    Original signature done by me!
    A good friend will help you out no matter what.I'm going to visit my BFF later...Inmate # 100846 oh the good times we had!

Salt+Warm Water
    Tea Bag (already dunked in warm water, just shove it in your mouth and leave it there)

Really depends on what kind of toothache it is .. trust me it makes a difference.

If it is because you have an impacted tooth, like you have a build up fluid below the gum line (which is ******ly painful) then the best thing to do is warm stuff, to try and get the fluid to get outta there.

If it is a problem with a nerve on the tooth, numbing it is the best thing to do. Anything that has a numbing agent in it (ie: stuff for sore throats works well).

You definitely don't want anything cold, or anything with Alcohol - it will tighten the gums and you'll really be in pain then =)

Seems like different things work for different people.. I can't afford a dentist so forced to suck it up quite often and I've used about everything mentioned so far. Cloves work, but I don't know if it's building a tolerance or what but it doesn't work for very long. Only thing that's consistent for me is ice cubes. I fill a pitcher with them and keep it next to me and keep one directly on the tooth, replacing as needed.

Sometimes the pain will go after doing this for several hours.. Basically just gotta wait till the nerve dies, but then if you're going to the dentist at you least you don't have to wait it out.

Warning about clove extract though, if any gets into your saliva and mixes around in your mouth, BURNS!

Plane Touched

I can't afford a dentist
    You should check around in your area to see if there are any free clinics or dental schools. My cousin is a retired dentist and he volunteers at a free clinic once a week. The dental school will still cost money, but not nearly as much.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitar View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions....

Maybe i should just find a drug dealer, get some coke and rub it down ^_^
    What's scary is, this one guy I know actually did that. Or so he said. Since I haven't seen him for 20 years, I can't really go check.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast