+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Gold farming interview

Default Interesting Gold farming interview

Never explain — your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.

right man at the right time at the right place speculating wright
    From shadows a song...
    Allies inspired by coda
    The bard arouses...

a very intelligent young man, grats for him for thinking outside the box
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Quote Originally Posted by g0kuenuan View Post
    a very intelligent young man, grats for him for thinking outside the box
    Exactly my thoughts. Normally I hate gold farmers, how ever how he brings it. He sounds intelligent.
    “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.”

Quote Originally Posted by Puffs View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. Normally I hate gold farmers, how ever how he brings it. He sounds intelligent.
    I don't care how intelligent he is or how he brings it. He is heading the destruction of the worlds that the games companies work very hard and sink so much money into. I wanted SO badly to reach through the monitor and beat the living @*%^ out of him.

Sig by Zacro! Get one! Zacro's Request Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Elethor View Post
    I don't care how intelligent he is or how he brings it. He is heading the destruction of the worlds that the games companies work very hard and sink so much money into. I wanted SO badly to reach through the monitor and beat the living @*%^ out of him.
    My post was not a support to the guy at all. Let me get that clear (reading back my post I do understand you might think that.).. Gold farmers destroy the economy in a game, they regularly hack peoples accounts trough hacking community sites and each action taken against them is a good one! I do hope they can take legal action versus him.

Beating up people for a reason like this is just unneeded violence.

However he is thinking out of the box and made himself a good living a rather easy and intelligent way. That is something I admire in people. He is doing it by illegal activities and that is wrong!
    Last edited by Puffs; 11-25-2010 at 10:34 AM.
    “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.”

My post was not a support to the guy at all. Let me get that clear (reading back my post I do understand you might thought that.. Gold farmers destroy the economy in a game, they regularly hack peoples accounts trough phishing mail and each action taken against them is a good one! I do hope they can take legal action versus him.

Beating up people for a reason like this is just unneeded violence.

However he is thinking out of the box and made himself a good living a rather easy and intelligent way. That is something I admire in people. He is doing it by illegal activities and that is wrong!
    Ok now that I can understand, I still want to beat the living *#^@ out of him though. I hope Blizz keeps making his life hell!

nobody here supports gold sellers, that would be idiotic
    but not recognizing a very smart fellow when you see one, and wanting to hurt him for being smart, by thinking outside the box, is just

after this interview he will most likely be working for Blizz or some other major MMO company for a huge salary, just like a hacker is hired by google or microsoft or apple after hacking major sites
    Last edited by g0kuenuan; 11-25-2010 at 10:40 AM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Quote Originally Posted by g0kuenuan View Post
    nobody here supports gold sellers, that would be idiotic
    but not recognizing a very smart fellow when you see one, and wanting to hurt him for being smart, by thinking outside the box, is just

after this interview he will most likely be working for Blizz or some other major MMO company for a huge salary, just like a hacker is hired by google or microsoft or apple after hacking major sites
    I do not want to hurt him for being smart. I want to hurt him for all the destruction that he has caused to the online worlds that we enjoy and try to have fun in. Although I will give him props for nailing the hacking of accounts on the head, he was head on on that one.
    Last edited by Elethor; 11-25-2010 at 10:47 AM.

WOW .... I'm not sure if I should be appalled or impressed that gold selling is an whole empire.

Thanks for posting the links. The video after it was really interesting as well although now I'm a little creeped out that 'every click' is being captured and analyzed some where.
    "Better change the Captain of your brain-ship because he's drunk at the wheel."

~ Dr Perry Cox, SCRUBS

He is saying a number of very stupid things though. Amongst them is his idea about how hacking of account should be prevented based on what he thinks causes it. I suspect he is a fraud.
    Last edited by Ravel; 11-25-2010 at 12:02 PM.
    Ravel
    Trion should warn people suffering from claustrophobia.

These videos were previously posted a few weeks ago here and I commented then on the illegality of the broker/sellers.

Mentioning them again is fine if it educates potential gold buyers to the not so innocent and illegal acts that these sellers often perform (some may be involved in money laundering/conspiracy/RICO and not even know it due to the brokered gold sources) not to mention the account thefts/computer tampering that often fuel the sales and grease their sale spams in game.

Be it a developer or a private company putting rmt into a game.
    I would rather make my money ingame on my own. It's just the way I am.

That was a very interesting video.

Thanks
    Coda Rocklift Bard
    It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

As someone said in the youtube comments "39 mins... cbf..."

I'm sure its very compelling stuff, anyway, clever or not its a plague that needs irradicating. People who buy gold are just as bad if not worse imo, there would be no gold farmers if there was no demand to buy it in the first place.

That was a very enlightening video. He went into depth on aspects of real money transactions that ive never even contemplated before. Interesting....Very interesting..

Ty for this post, its appreciated....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast