+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ragnarok > WoW

Rift Disciple

Default Ragnarok > WoW

I enjoyed ragnarok online way more then wow, what are your thoughts?

just an interesting thread to get your mind off your riftdrawals

RO was my first mmo, enjoyed it to the death, learned how to bot, learned how to make private server...

At one point I was like a walking RO dictionary to my friends: I know the perfect build, all the skill name and uses, where a particular item dropped... t'was crazy!

then I graduated to WoW...

Edit: To answer your question, I enjoyed both, they all have a place in my heart
    Last edited by bleukreuz; 02-11-2011 at 09:27 PM.

I played both for a number of years, and I loved both, just seems like with both games, I kinda wore 'em out so much to the point where I knew every single class inside and out, and yeah... time to move on.

What I loved most about RO was the unique character builds you could come up with. One of my favorites was the battle priest. WoW didn't have that, and with this last expansion, the amount of uniqueness you could give builds dropped even more, which made me sad. That's one of the biggest reasons I was drawn to RIft. Unique, fun character builds rock.

Soulwalker

I too went from Ragnarok online to WoW. I can definitely say that, although RO had its faults(grinding, holy ****), it was far more enjoyable. The sense of community in the (private) server I was playing on was amazing, and I loved it's pvp. I also liked how levels didn't matter nearly as much as gear, joining a pvp arena as a swordsman with good gear and still doing well was boatloads of fun.

Now I want to play again.

Ragnarok was my first mmo & the one I've played the longest. I played it for 10 years before finally quitting once I heard about Rift. Ragnarok has really died over 10 years. Private servers have a much higher population than the actual game =(

Soulwalker

RO will forever hold a special place in my heart. That rift will soon replace!

+ Reply to Thread