+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Just Out of Curiosity ...

Default Just Out of Curiosity ...

It is in every MMO that Ive ever played but none so prevalent as it was in Aion .. so ....

was just curious on how many rl dudes will be playing a chic in-game?
    "Better change the Captain of your brain-ship because he's drunk at the wheel."

~ Dr Perry Cox, SCRUBS

I will be - So will my officer, I know another bunch of people also, I only play female charachters in MMO because they look cooler when running / casting etc. I don't know why, but always have done.

(I'd say this should be Off-Topic though)

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by ViciousPixie View Post
    It is in every MMO that Ive ever played but none so prevalent as it was in Aion .. so ....

was just curious on how many rl dudes will be playing a chic in-game?
    None.. Real men don't play girls. Hehe

Just kidding.

I plan to play a human male. I have in pretty much every MMO I have played.

Rift Disciple

Depends how attractive the toons are. Most games have Fugly male toons so I play female in most of them. Aion was an exception where I played all male toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Elux View Post
    I will be - So will my officer, I know another bunch of people also, I only play female charachters in MMO because they look cooler when running / casting etc. I don't know why, but always have done.

(I'd say this should be Off-Topic though)
    Yeah sry .. I couldn't decide where to post it.
    "Better change the Captain of your brain-ship because he's drunk at the wheel."

~ Dr Perry Cox, SCRUBS

Dwarf Male Pyromancer - the opposite of feminine
    Last edited by iAmDeathSpank; 11-24-2010 at 07:02 AM.

Most guys that I know play a female char always say well if I'm going to be staring at my char for a very long time I might as well be starting at a femail. Others say it's because the male design is terrible. For example the sorceror in WAR.

Rift Disciple

Good question. I'm a guy, and generally my first character and intended main is a male, and pretty much all alts are females. I'll probably stick with that. The rationale is mostly that the first time through I'm focusing on combat and quests and not really looking at my character. The second time through the game (that is, playing on an alt) is always less interesting to me and thus the old age about "if I have to stare at someone's butt for hours on end, I want it to be an attractive butt" kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by mourne View Post
    Depends how attractive the toons are. Most games have Fugly male toons
    *Looks at WoW*
    Brought to you by the League of Psychotic Children. Surround yourself with annoying, shrill-voiced children.

My husband will likely play a female character. It all depends on how each gender moves in combat and the overall fluidity of them that decides it for him. In WoW he couldn't stand the way male characters walked and handled combat so he played females because he thought they looked a bit more natural and not so much like apes.

Me, I just may play a male character. Depends on who looks cooler in the endgame armor.

Shadowlander

Usually play a chic because they are smaller, as in harder to target etc.
    Well im hardcore pvper so everything count I guess :P

Quote Originally Posted by MeMe View Post
    Usually play a chic because they are smaller, as in harder to target etc.
    Well im hardcore pvper so everything count I guess :P
    haha some of us don't need that adavantage

I never have played a female toon, but the majority of my male friends that did, played for one reason; free stuff. They were always getting stuff from male toons, just for asking. It was a whole new part of the game for them, finding a bunch of suckers to flirt with for loots. Ah the shady underbelly of MMO's...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Dretch View Post
    I never have played a female toon, but the majority of my male friends that did, played for one reason; free stuff. They were always getting stuff from male toons, just for asking. It was a whole new part of the game for them, finding a bunch of suckers to flirt with for loots. Ah the shady underbelly of MMO's...
    hahahahahaha.........thats awesome. Ive always played male toons, but this free stuff scam....hmmmmmmm

nah.....lol.....Ill stick with being a man
    What isn't clear is why people always say, "It goes without saying", yet still feel compelled to say the thing that was supposed to go without saying...

I played Males in WoW since I was a RPer for a while but I really could only stand the Male Undead Toon. Others just looked terrible. Gnomes? WTF... Only Tauren, Dwarves and Undeads, in my opinion, looked like they should. I made One Male Belf once and I never actually liked him. I don't know how I got him to 80... When I transfered Alliance side tho, all my toons were females. Playing a Dwarf? No thanks.

In Aion, I played as a Female because, well... Since I could pretty much make my Ideal Toon, I went with the Ideal Woman. I guess it's weird said like that tho? I also wasn't planning on RPing so. I also think Males looked somewhat like Females thus I didn't like their look.

In Rift, I will probably make a Male since I plan on RPing on the side but I'm still not sure. As long as the Male Toons don't end up being the Perfect Hairless Asian Male Stereotype, I will play a male.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast