+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why are you looking for a new game?

Default Why are you looking for a new game?

Like many (most?) of the posters here, I've played several different MMOs over the years. I usually move on after a couple of years looking for the NEXT BIG THING. What causes you to move on? The old game became boring? The old game changed too much and is no longer much fun? The game company changed too much? All my ingame friends moved to XYZ?
    Mac

I'm not looking for a new game, I'm looking for a game period.

As for why I quit my last MMO, it was boredom. Pretty much the same reason I've quit most MMOs except for once when I quit when a friend did. I've never been one to stick it out once I get tired of the game but I'm surprised at the sheer amount of people that do. They're usually the ones that complain most about a game sucking only to log in later for their daily session.

I keep looking for a game that will bring some challenge for me, and still be fun. They are hard to find.

"Do not think of knocking out another person's brains because he differs in opinion from you. It would be as rational to knock yourself on the head because you differ from yourself ten years ago."
    - Horace Mann (1796 - 1859)

I usually move on when the game changes drastically from when I enjoyed it the most. I never understand why companies change a game so totally when everyone was happy with what it was when they started. I can seriously say that there is only one game I've played that didn't get ruined by one major drastic change.....UO....oh and I guess Aion but I didn't play that long enough to see any changes as they are way, way behind the Korean game in patches.
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

I'm pretty bored with the other games that I've been playing off and on for years. I want something that looks good graphically and has a lot of different things to do so I don't get bored.

I'm always looking for new games. Between working a fulltime job, looking after a family and household, I think i'm still looking for a game that grabs me like the older MMO's once did before they were tainted with the pokemon "gotta catch em all" phase.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Arithion's Avatar

I'm looking for a game that feels like an innovation. Like EQ did for me when it first came out. While I realise no new mmo is going to completely grab me like the old game did - I still want a portion of that feeling.
    What made me leave EQ1 was my (killing me) timetable.
    All the new ones I tried (save EQ2) I left because of lack of endgame content. I've always focused on endgame - sue me ;)
    Boredom with the game in general - this is why I leave wow, go back to wow - every time there is new content lol

I will have to say though - that I don't think it's ever been the class. I always find a class I fall in love with lol

I'm looking for something that has more than a few months worth of gameplay in it for me - with a class I can really sink my teeth into.
    The Rift Podcast Site

Telarapedia | RiftIRC
    Level 50 Bahmi Warrior - Greybriar - Primal

I'm looking for a game that continues the journey even though I max out on levels. In most games anymore once you hit max level ... well that's all she wrote. No more good quests. Everything from there is geared around the next great piece of armor or sword, etc and I just don't like raiding.

I'm a father of two and so the time I spend online is sometimes erratic with kid needs and such. It's hard for me to set aside a 4 hour segment to do a raid. I want to have quests to do even at max, items I can get to make myself better, etc. I think that's one of the reasons I love AA points. Allows me to keep advancing my character even though essentially it's just griding. At least I'm doing something at that point.

Official Rift Fan Site Operator Ciovala's Avatar

I'm in the same boat as Souper - looking for a game, period! It seems like a lot of games are losing a sense of community, and the focus on raiding for hours on end at the 'end game' also isn't as fun for me as it was a number of years ago.

A wiki is only as good as its contributors – won't you help?
    The original Rift Wiki - EN DE FR
    [Add a guild] [Add an Item] [Add a Quest]

Lightbulb

If I were looking for a new game I am looking for it in the wrong place here.
    Ravel
    Trion should warn people suffering from claustrophobia.

Telaran

I'm looking for a game that is nostalgic yet new at the same time. My nostalgia is in reference to EQ. No game has ever given me that excitement and joy that EQ brought me for the many years I played it. That was a game of epic proportions. Unfortunately things were starting to go in a direction that was just too far for me and it began to lose its luster.

I'm hoping Rift can fill this void and restore my faith in MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravel View Post
    If I were looking for a new game I am looking for it in the wrong place here.
    Having heard that Abigale got to level 5 today, I'm beginning to lose a little optimism too.
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Arithion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Liziana View Post
    Having heard that Abigale got to level 5 today, I'm beginning to lose a little optimism too.
    She might have had a few hours to play? I remember is was easyish to get to level 4 (and get my gate) in EQ1... after that though... URG
    All games I've played have seemed easy to get to Level 5... just not past it. If she's level 12 after 2 hours today - then I'll be sceptical.
    The Rift Podcast Site

Telarapedia | RiftIRC
    Level 50 Bahmi Warrior - Greybriar - Primal

Quote Originally Posted by Liziana View Post
    Not me, but I am fairly certain they wont release this game this year.
    Ravel
    Trion should warn people suffering from claustrophobia.

Level 5 already? /sigh

I may have to move on unless some game mechanic just grabs me & makes me want to play for long enough to see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast