Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Egyt!

Thumbs up Congratulations Egyt!

Egypt joins the brave free world it now appears. Mubarak was told 50 minutes ago he was toast by the military. Long live the revolution.

Military taking over. The more things change, the more they stay the same though this is probably one of the better outcomes. I think the pro-democracy people should have given him until September and used the time to get organized themselves and get a game plan for elections.
    Last edited by Marcato; 02-11-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Thumbs down Back and Forth...

The back and forth in Egypt is seriously worrying. He's stepping down..he's not stepping down. Now he left Cairo.
    jeez...

Quote Originally Posted by Marcato View Post
    Military taking over. The more things change, the more they stay the same though this is probably one of the better outcomes. I think the pro-democracy people should have given him until September and used the time to get organized themselves and get a game plan for elections.
    In 1954 Nassar tried the same thing to a million strong protest. he told the masses that he would enact changes in coming months. Then after the crowds dismissed he had all the protest leaders were rounded up and imprisoned, and a year later they were all executed.

The military is largely trusted by the people because all males are required to spend time in the military as they grow up, so everyone knows someone, has family and friends in the military. The military would not take violent action against the public as Mubarak most probably wanted, thus knowing he had no leverage anymore his last and only choice was to get out.

Default Egyt?

At least spell the name of the country right in your Topic....

Anyway good riddance to 1 dictator, hello a new one?

Most of you that are younger do not realize how major this event is to global politics and world history. This event ranks with the overthrow of the Shah of Iran and the Russian revolution in 1917.

Egypt is the largest and most influential Muslim nation in the middle east, and has been under control of dictators for over 50 years, and before that a monarchy.

No one knows what new type of Egypt will be born from this revolution.

The change to Iran was initially good but got hijacked by a brutal theocratic regime. The same could happen to Egypt, but the world is different today then in the 70's.

Instant world-wide communications and social media tools like facebook and twitter played a large role in the Egypt revolution, and will most likely play an important part moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Intruder313 View Post
    At least spell the name of the country right in your Topic....

Anyway good riddance to 1 dictator, hello a new one?
    Yes I typed that on a small device and now cannot change it. Rift should definitely allow editing of titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Egypt joins the brave free world it now appears. Mubarak was told 50 minutes ago he was toast by the military. Long live the revolution.
    That's just fantastic news!

As long as the Muslim Brotherhood doesn't take over...or else we will see even greater strife and wars. Nothing against Muslims, but extremist groups like that ruin it for everyone.

Telaran

As long as the Egyptian people don't let the IMF ooze their way in and control the economy they should be better off.

Shield of Telara

Happy now.. till the Muslim brotherhood take over and we have IRAN 2.0.... and then we can offically call Obama Carter 2.0... unemployment thru the roof... check... US $ worth crap.. check.. gold prices thru the roof.. check... ally in the middle east changes sides thru a revolution to a Muslim extremist country... check... once they raise interest rates to try and save the $ we will see home loans around 20% and car loans around 25%... so very soon check... world looking to drop the $ as the world reserve currency... crap not even Carter had this happen...so big check....

So now we have Carter 2.0 in office I hope to god we get a Reagan 2.0 to fix it and bring america back into the drivers seat of the world again... because 4 more years of Obama will have the US made into a 3rd world country.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Let's see how it all shakes out before congratulating them. If he's gone, then maybe it is good. But if the military stepped in and now plan to take over, just how "free" will they be?
    When there's a large vacancy in the power structure anyone close to it with dreams of ruling the country will step forward and take over, and that doesn't usually end with a happy ending.

If only Americans would rise up and run the two idiotic parties out of office, we'd be in a much better place, eventually.

Djevik

I'm curious to see how this all pans out....

Quote Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
    Happy now.. till the Muslim brotherhood take over and we have IRAN 2.0.... and then we can offically call Obama Carter 2.0... unemployment thru the roof... check... US $ worth crap.. check.. gold prices thru the roof.. check... ally in the middle east changes sides thru a revolution to a Muslim extremist country... check... once they raise interest rates to try and save the $ we will see home loans around 20% and car loans around 25%... so very soon check... world looking to drop the $ as the world reserve currency... crap not even Carter had this happen...so big check....

So now we have Carter 2.0 in office I hope to god we get a Reagan 2.0 to fix it and bring america back into the drivers seat of the world again... because 4 more years of Obama will have the US made into a 3rd world country.
    Going....Going....GONE! Off the right side of the field. Better luck next time.

I went to click on very cute kitty in a town, I thought maybe they'd be an emote or the cat would meow, instead I murdered it... and looted a Cat Tear...
    This mace was made for swingin'
    So that's just what I'll do
    Pop Rage of the North and **** all over you

I would hold off congratulating, Egypt could have had much worse leaders than Mubarak and they have in the past.
    Last edited by Aurelie; 02-11-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast