Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How far will Fanbois go to try and spoil Rift?

Default How far will Fanbois go to try and spoil Rift?

I have seen some rediculous trashing of Rift by WoW fanbois over the past month or so, but this is the most rediculous yet on MMO champion.

Yeah lol sure, after one month. They will already have like $100 mil profit. I think this is pretty obvious plan to grab money and disapear.
    Did they released that SyFy mmo? No. Did they invest a lot of money into it? No. So? Projects like that are getting canceled every day.
    This is bussiness world, owners have biggest word. Owners want profit, they dont care about quality of game or players.

There are two possible options for them.

a) take all profit and let Rift die

or

b) invest $50 mil more and riks loosing it for $3 mil very month.

Pretty simple decision if you ask me.
    What is it about WoW fans that makes them feel so threatened about their game they need to make up rubbish like this? Pure trolling?

Anyone with half a brain would realise this is rediculous, but I do wonder if those people can actually manage half a brain?
    Last edited by Galifrey; 02-11-2011 at 04:34 AM.

ikt
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Galifrey View Post
    Anyone with half a brain would realise this is rediculous, but I do wonder if those people can actually manage half a brain?
    The only person with half a brain is you for thinking this **** even matters.

Quote Originally Posted by ikt View Post
    WoW nice insult, great use of starred out swearies, and intelligent debate, so guess that leaves you even less qualified than I to discuss, I see the Rift community is gonna go worse than WoW, or maybe it will improve when its a subscribers forum?
    Last edited by Galifrey; 02-11-2011 at 04:40 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ikt View Post
    This.

And really, with all the MMO's that have come out and failed, why should most WoW players take any notice by this point? I've told my friends about this game and one of them talked to his friends about it and they're not trying Rift, want to know why? They tried all the MMO's that have been coming out, buy the game, play it for a month and just return to WoW...they're sick of it, they're just going to stick with their juggernaut that's going to continue being a good game. Is that really so bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    This.

And really, with all the MMO's that have come out and failed, why should most WoW players take any notice by this point? I've told my friends about this game and one of them talked to his friends about it and they're not trying Rift, want to know why? They tried all the MMO's that have been coming out, buy the game, play it for a month and just return to WoW...they're sick of it, they're just going to stick with their juggernaut that's going to continue being a good game. Is that really so bad?
    I agree they won't take notice, they will continue playing their behemoth, what I asked was why they feel the need to try and trash a company/game they have no interest in, but I guess intelligent discussion about such subjects is less important than insulting people.

They'll probably Ddos the servers... yep yep.
    Childish kiddo, beating grumpy old men in online games etcetera.

What is it about WoW fans that makes them feel so threatened about their game they need to make up rubbish like this? Pure trolling?
    I guess most of them are scared that the game they are playing will be destroyed by another game. So they will flame and troll every other post about another game.

And i don't really see the point in doing that because two good games on the market = two GREAT games on the market. We win!
    Life's Short...
    Eat Cookies

Plane Walker

I agree they won't take notice, they will continue playing their behemoth, what I asked was why they feel the need to try and trash a company/game they have no interest in, but I guess intelligent discussion about such subjects is less important than insulting people.
    If you weren't aware, most people on the forums are people who enjoy trolling. Their game is up and running, why else wouldn't they be playing it? =P

Fighting people about a video game is like fighting people about religion
    You can be logical, you can be kind and you can treat them like intelligent human beings...
    But in the end they will always slap you in the face
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Mal Reynolds, Firefly
    My Personal Guidelines - http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...les-To-Live-By

Quote Originally Posted by Foxibunneh View Post
    They'll probably Ddos the servers... yep yep.
    LOL

Nah the ports will be blocked from their school

i think its actually alot simpler than anything proposed above.

trolls are trashing rift. not regular people with sane opinions and logical understanding. bridge-dwelling atavisms with protruding canines and uncontrollable drool. Trolls have no opinions; trolls cannot be convinced of their wrongness.

to illustrate the point, there have been a dozen threads from wow players saying they were coming to rift, so its clearly not a universal perspective. Furthermore, most wow players are no totally myopically biased. many are people for realz, and act as such.

trolls are the problem here, and in many other places. its not that theyre anxious about rift in the least. they just feel personally invested in wow, as if they themselves have made some meaningful contribution.
    this word you use . . . i do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    If you weren't aware, most people on the forums are people who enjoy trolling. Their game is up and running, why else wouldn't they be playing it? =P
    Because there's nothing else to do when your sitting in OG!

I think a lot of the people who do this don't know any better as wow has been out so long they will defend it to the end, if that means bending the truth or verbally attacking another game they will do it.
    Last edited by C00lit; 02-11-2011 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizinator View Post
    i think its actually alot simpler than anything proposed above.

trolls are trashing rift. not regular people with sane opinions and logical understanding. bridge-dwelling atavisms with protruding canines and uncontrollable drool. Trolls have no opinions; trolls cannot be convinced of their wrongness.

to illustrate the point, there have been a dozen threads from wow players saying they were coming to rift, so its clearly not a universal perspective. Furthermore, most wow players are no totally myopically biased. many are people for realz, and act as such.

trolls are the problem here, and in many other places. its not that theyre anxious about rift in the least. they just feel personally invested in wow, as if they themselves have made some meaningful contribution.
    Oh indeed not universal, there are many WoW players coming to Rift, I have played WoW for 6 years at the top end of semi-hardcore raiding, I had 8 level 80's and now have 3 level 85's but am completely bored now, I cancelled my WoW subscription before I heard of Rift.

I have nothing against wow, and would recommend to anyone who hadn't tried it to try it, I have no need to trash it to tell people Rift is a better game to start now though.

Ah Like Mazikeen said, you cannot apply logic, trolls cannot be bargained with, they don't feel pain, or pity...

Oh indeed not universal, there are many WoW players coming to Rift, I have played WoW for 6 years at the top end of semi-hardcore raiding, I had 8 level 80's and now have 3 level 85's but am completely bored now, I cancelled my WoW subscription before I heard of Rift.

I have nothing against wow, and would recommend to anyone who hadn't tried it to try it, I have no need to trash it to tell people Rift is a better game to start now though.

Ah Like Mazikeen said, you cannot apply logic, trolls cannot be bargained with, they don't feel pain, or pity...

absolutely.

and yknow, i think Mazikeen is in my guild in-game >______>

*waves* if its true.
    this word you use . . . i do not think it means what you think it means.

I have seen some rediculous trashing of Rift by WoW fanbois over the past month or so, but this is the most rediculous yet on MMO champion.

Why WoW fanboys are special snowflakes? Rift fanboys annoy me even more.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast