+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Direct 2 Drive

Rift Disciple

Default Direct 2 Drive

If you buy from D2D, do you have to use a download manager like steam? Is the game tied to some D2D software or is it just a stand alone install file of the game.

I don't like a 3rd party logging in my games or managing updates. I want all that straight from the game itself.

Thanks for any input.

D2D does have a download manager, but it's just for the initial download. After that, you won't need to even think about D2D if you don't want to.. the game will be installed as a standalone program. You won't have to log in if you want to play the game, have it running in the background like Steam, or anything like that. I can understand why people like Steam, but I personally find D2D to be much less invasive.

At least, that is my experience with D2D. I've bought several games from them in the past and won't be going back to Steam if I can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrochicken View Post
    D2D does have a download manager, but it's just for the initial download. After that, you won't need to even think about D2D if you don't want to.. the game will be installed as a standalone program. You won't have to log in if you want to play the game, have it running in the background like Steam, or anything like that. I can understand why people like Steam, but I personally find D2D to be much less invasive.

At least, that is my experience with D2D. I've bought several games from them in the past and won't be going back to Steam if I can help it.
    What they said is very true

Rift Disciple

Thanks thats what im looking for.

+ Reply to Thread