+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The dumbest thing you've ever done in an MMO

Rift Disciple

Default The dumbest thing you've ever done in an MMO

Ok with all the arguments I figured I'd try to lighten the mood and try to get some people laughing about past funny / noob experiences...

Example 1 - I was playing EQ and just got into this great guild i was so excited. We were raiding Kael Drakkal, well all was fine until I died once....and I found out quickly that I forgot the night before i was on a Vox run and bound myself in the buff hall.....well the Ice giants in the buff hall had obviously respawned overnight and I started into an Epic death loop. Well after 17 deaths and losing 1.5 levels I finally was able to receive a rez b4 the damned giants killed me again .....

Example 2 - In rift ..... I was playing a dominator class last beta and accidentally put a spell reflect spell on the mob instead of a player and when I tried to squirrel the mob I squirreled myself.

Ya I know Epic noobage =P
    "Heaven won't take me and Hell's afraid I'll take over"

Akirrah Auslander, 80 Druid , Everquest, Erollisi Marr 1999-2008
    Kaneda, 80 Guardian, Age of Conan, Set(Dagoth), 2008 - 2010

I played burning crusade for more than 2 hours.

Thought the only way to get off of Teldrassil was to jump

Tried to melee stuff with my staff.

As a priest.

RIFT Community Ambassador

LEEEEEEROOOOY!!!!!!

<dead raid>

:me kicked... :

everything worked out the way i expected though...muahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Shaedence View Post
    Thought the only way to get off of Teldrassil was to jump
    ZOMG!! you too!!

now i dont feel so bad
    Last edited by HeavyMetalLucidity; 02-10-2011 at 09:49 PM.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Plane Touched

Went back to WOW after a few months of retirement.

I was severely out-geared and such and ran into a very, very old friend who still played regularly.

He was so excited to see me he invited me to a raid.

The reason I had gone back after such a long time is because I was drunk as balls.

We raided for about 3 hours and I rolled Need on a final boss encounter drop and beat the hunter on the roll.

The item was hunter only, and I was a rogue.

I just kinda disconnected after that and didn't go back until a few years later. True story.
    Last edited by Homebrew; 02-10-2011 at 09:49 PM.

aint gunna mean anything to most ppl, but in anarchy online i mindlessly un-equiped a piece of ql 300 alien armor straight after 2 hours of buff trunning and gear swapping to get it in... enjoyed my finished build for a huge 10 seconds before i had to redo it all over again
    Down the rabbit hole...

played wow for the last 4 years out of 6. ( by that i mean ive been playing 6 years...)
    Last edited by idrnkdrano; 02-10-2011 at 10:29 PM.
    Mr. Honeybuns

in shadowbane a few months after launch, my largely newb guild came into 4 cities rather unexpectedly. one of our members was friends with the GM of a neighboring nation, and they agreed, along with most of our IC that we would have a friendly bane one of our towns.

it was supposed to be a real fight to the finish, but all in good fun. i was the GM but still pretty new to game. i was outraged when i saw the bane stone and reacted by deleting the city, and pretty much alienating much of my guild.

i had to essentially delete all my characters and forum account in hopes of ever living that one down :P

posted here

the dumbest thing ive ever done is in eq1 when it had first launched sorta... i went around to all female races and had them do the bow emote or squat emote and took screenshots of their bums and made a female ***** of norrath catalog lmfao

Oooh, okay.

Way way way back in my EverQuest days, I was playing an Iksar shaman in the Field of Bone. I was level 12.

For some reason or another, I bumped into the edge of that arena thing and fell through the world. The amazing part? I DIDN'T TAKE 10K DAMGE AND DIE!

So! There I was, underneath the world, and stuck. I petitioned a GM and started wandering around. Someone in the zone suggested I go to the lake and try to swim up. I thought, "Why not? That sounds plausible!" and went to the lake. I swum up to the top, was then ON TOP OF THE LAKE, and yet still UNDER THE WORLD, and swum back to the lake edge, discouraged. I then fell through the shoreline, took 10k damage, and died.

The GM responded to the petition and recovered my corpse for me a while later.

And then I remembered I had gate and could have saved myself at any time.

RIFT Fan Site Operator EntreNous's Avatar

Ok, fade back to UO ...

When Sonoma came up Me and Isadore were the first players (thiefs) that get to Nujelm and Serpants hold.
    The game makers had placed owner keys on various boats that were parked on the north end of Moonglow.
    Bingo, we were off and sailing! When we arrived we stole everything that wasn't nailed down. We had so many one of a kind rares that we ran out of room.

Once we got a tower we unloaded it all inside our place at that time it was considered over the top. We were in heaven.

Yea .... So, we had no idea that once you placed the stuff it would vanish. We came back online the next day, thinking we had been robbed. In fact it had all disappeared ... OUCH!!! OMG, I was soooo pissed. First off, so very few players at that time even knew rares existed, let alone have them.

We went on to become the GreyGhosts 'GG' ... We ruled the island of Nujelm and robbed every person that stopped there. Our guild ran a scam at Occlo's magic shop for robbing and we became PK'ers worst nightmares. We didn't care if we died, because we'd pass of our looted goods to another hidden guildie. So the victum would open a blank corpse.

...ah, those were the days.
    ~Misha the Fox~
    Last edited by EntreNous; 02-10-2011 at 11:09 PM.
    RiftRares ... A work in progress.
    Rogue on FaeBlight
    8/8 RR's ... 4/4 DH ... 4/4 GP ... 5/5 GsB ... 5/5 RoS ... 2/4 RotP ... 10/11 HK

Default Noob root

From EQ1 days...

Remember how EQ1 had encumbrance? I was in the bazaar area with my bags full of heavy stuff. In the Bazaar, there is no encumbrance. I zoned out and found I could not move! I could not even get back to the zone-in. Noob root.

Also EQ1 (I am really embarrassed about this one) I assembled a party and convinced them to follow me into the Crystal Caverns. We fought our way to this cave and they took positions. I was the puller (Shadow Knight) and eager to prove that this was a good place to level, but there was another group pulling orcs in our area and the numbers were thin. Waaaay down at the bottom, I see an orc, and forgetting what months of EQ experience had taught me, I hit it with a spell. Well, the orc came and brought about 20 more with it. I wiped my group and the other one, and in EQ, a death in a dungeon was a VERY big deal! You needed a necro to summon your corpse or you needed to fight naked back to where your body was.
    Never opened myself this way
    Life is ours, we live it our way
    All these words I don't just say
    and nothing else matters.

Trust I seek and I find in you
    Every day for us something new
    Open mind for a different view
    and nothing else matters.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shadyia View Post
    From EQ1 days...

Remember how EQ1 had encumbrance? I was in the bazaar area with my bags full of heavy stuff. In the Bazaar, there is no encumbrance. I zoned out and found I could not move! I could not even get back to the zone-in. Noob root.
    lol ya I had to help a friend that did that once
    "Heaven won't take me and Hell's afraid I'll take over"

Akirrah Auslander, 80 Druid , Everquest, Erollisi Marr 1999-2008
    Kaneda, 80 Guardian, Age of Conan, Set(Dagoth), 2008 - 2010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast