+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What push-to-talk key do you use for voice chat?

Quote Originally Posted by Serradyne View Post
    My experience with people who don't utilize PTT has usually been pretty negative, ranging from hearing heavy breathing, to chewing, to tedious conversations with friends and family members, hearing their kids, or pets, etc. Not saying this applies to you obviously but yeah. PTT cuts down significantly on noise pollution. In most raiding environments I've been in those people get globally muted pretty fast.
    I'm generally very aware of that, so I'm very quite and keep the mic away from my face unless I need it.
    Children of Cybertron ♥~
    -------
    Sex Life
    Tearfall: Cyrodiil Class/Class/Class Level.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrodiil View Post
    I'm generally very aware of that, so I'm very quite and keep the mic away from my face unless I need it.
    To each their own i guess

~ Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For Thou Art Crunchy and Go Well With Ketchup... ~
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6GHz GPU: Nvidia Gainward GTX 580 GOOD Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 1600 PSU: Corsair HX850W

The scroll wheel button, I just unbind whatever action it does in the game. I use mouse over healing macros and use my mouse to look around, so using the scroll wheel button just made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrodiil View Post

I've also gotten a lot of use out of private binds/user to user, over the years, to either talk to friends while raiding or be able to "vent" about peoples lack of aptitude so as not to go entirely crazy having to deal with them, so it's matter of being prudent and precise with what I've broadcast at times(in the interest of not making anyone feel bad). I'm not entirely sure if u2u binds work without PTT.

I'm an ***, I know : /
    I wish I had a comprehension gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Word Pervert View Post
    The scroll wheel button, I just unbind whatever action it does in the game. I use mouse over healing macros and use my mouse to look around, so using the scroll wheel button just made sense.
    I've forgotten what the middle mouse button does by default...

Can anyone remember?

I usually have middle mouse button mapped to throw grenades in FPS games so it can conflict in them.
    Last edited by Krimian; 02-10-2011 at 06:16 PM.

~ Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For Thou Art Crunchy and Go Well With Ketchup... ~
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6GHz GPU: Nvidia Gainward GTX 580 GOOD Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 1600 PSU: Corsair HX850W

I use caps lock. i also have capsunlock which stops fixes the caps issue most of the time

I use the numpad + key. Its near my mouse and can usually just hit it with my thumb. Its also bigger on my keyboard and an easier target :P
    for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under enemy rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. `Declaration of Arbroath

Quote Originally Posted by Krimian View Post

Can anyone remember?

I usually have middle mouse button mapped to throw grenades in FPS games so it can conflict in them.

I haven't used vent since playing in the beta, so I haven't had to unbind it yet

Quote Originally Posted by Krimian View Post

Can anyone remember?

In WoW middle mouse was like the equivalent of either auto run, or holding left and right click down at the same time(which in WoW would run and steer at the same time, so I imagine the command in the key binds is something to the tune of that, move and steer or something.
    I wish I had a comprehension gun.

Alt key cause I'm pro like that
    AMD Phenom II 955 X4 @ 3.2 GHz, 8 Gigs of DDR3 SDRAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1 GB, 1 Terabyte Hard Drive, 23" Wide LCD Monitor, I bought this from a friend for 400 dollars...what a deal.

Right control key. Is next to the directional keys I use for moving and strafing. Just hit that with my thumb.

I'm going to look into changed mine to middle mouse button, I just cant recall using it in RIFT so it should be okay.

I think it rotated the camera. But I can't remember either.
    Children of Cybertron ♥~
    -------
    Sex Life
    Tearfall: Cyrodiil Class/Class/Class Level.

I have the naga 17button mouse. I like to use the top left button I think its default is button 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ears View Post
    I use caps lock. i also have capsunlock which stops fixes the caps issue most of the time
    That program's great. Thanks f or letting us know about it. I've tried various workarounds before, like using autohotkey to bind caps lock to another key, but most of the time, it hasn't worked very well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast