+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LGBT Guilds!

Soulwalker

Default LGBT Guilds!

Looking to start an LGBT network for people in Rift. Would like to roll Defiant on Byrial and have a different Guardian server. Need people for officership/recruiting/Forum posting. Contact me via PM and we can set something up to talk on a mumble server.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Was this moved to off-topic, or are you just not aware of the guilds forum?

Soulwalker

I always find it interesting how people react when you look for people for a "straight only" guild.

'Tis the irony.

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thren View Post
    I always find it interesting how people react when you look for people for a "straight only" guild.

'Tis the irony.
    I agree. I mean I don't mind your sexual preference.. but why would there need to be a guild for GLBT. I know people can be harsh and very rude to you guys.... but why point out your sexual preference? It's a video game! Play it and have fun. Just be comfortable with who you are no need to point it out that will only bring you people who will try to hurt you.

It's like the navy now! Don't ask. Don't tell!

no. it grates on you to hear f**got / gay / bufty boy / blah several times a minute in vent.

I do agree that self imposed segregation can be counter productive. However, in the MMO space you couple anonimity with no accountability. this means the most vitriolic filth gets spewed by people who wouldn' dare IRL.

It amazes me just how obsessed straight males are with butt sekx. they spend an unhealthy amount of time thinking about what they claim to despise.

we can (and will) be as open as we like... and DADT got repealed.

We're done with the BS.

Oh ya OP - if you pick a guardian server OP please consider Faeblight - its the target 'old school' pve server - one where people are trying to create a community where ******tery is not tolerated and offenders are excommunicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Thren View Post

'Tis the irony.
    I don't see anywhere where the OP said "GLBT Only"... don't try and read between the lines when nothing is there.

To the OP, we actually already have an awesome GLBT Friendly guild/community that you are more then welcome to check out . Our website is www.ThePrismaticOrder.com. We have over 100 members at the moment

Take Care!

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Laughter View Post
    I agree. I mean I don't mind your sexual preference.. but why would there need to be a guild for GLBT. I know people can be harsh and very rude to you guys.... but why point out your sexual preference? It's a video game! Play it and have fun. Just be comfortable with who you are no need to point it out that will only bring you people who will try to hurt you.

It's like the navy now! Don't ask. Don't tell!
    so... what if they want to be in a guild *with* their significant other... like most couples who game together? It shouldn't be a problem in ANY guild, but realistically there are a lot of bigots out there in the world, and I'm sure it would create problems in some guilds.

also, what if they just don't want to hear a bunch of derogatory language referencing gay people in a hateful manner, whether it's directed at them or not?

also, I am certain that they would welcome straight people joining their guild (I'm sure some other guilds would not be nearly as accepting of GLBT players though).

"don't ask don't tell" is kinda like saying "you have to keep your sex life a secret, so that us bigots can pretend it doesn't exist"

need I go on?
    apparently so:
    Quote Originally Posted by Este View Post
    It's like how it's ok on a college campus for a Black Student Union to exist, but a White Student Union "beez racis n shiz".

Oh liberal guilt, how you make me smile
    Why do you have this idea that a GLBT guild would not allow straight people to join as well?
    Just between you and me, I agree that a 'black only' group is kinda racist in nature, just like a white only, or a men-only, group.
    But that's not really relevant here at all, since you're reading "only" into this, so you can make a fuss, and it's just not there.

also: yes this post needs to be moved into the guilds forum.
    Last edited by Kat; 02-14-2011 at 08:15 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    "don't ask don't tell" is kinda like saying "you have to keep your sex life a secret, so that us bigots can pretend it doesn't exist"
    Didn't mean to offend you all I meant was... it's a video game not many people run around screaming they are straight.. or gay. I didn't say they should have to keep quiet about it but honestly no need to point yourself out like you're special or something. To me you're just a normal person.

Visit Sanatorium, the one and only LGBT friendly guild, we even accept goat f*ckers too, but not pigs...

http://www.sanatorium.guildlaunch.com
    Total Artifact Collection turn-ins: 182/300

Co-Leader of Sanatorium on Millrush.
    KoS: Chaotic Destiny and General Goods

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Laughter View Post
    Didn't mean to offend you all I meant was... it's a video game not many people run around screaming they are straight.. or gay. I didn't say they should have to keep quiet about it but honestly no need to point yourself out like you're special or something. To me you're just a normal person.

it's possible to stand up for people without being one of them ya know...

but i think i get where you're coming from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Syndacus View Post
    Visit Sanatorium, the one and only LGBT friendly guild, we even accept goat f*ckers too, but not pigs...

Not true, The Prismatic Order, is also a GLBT friendly guild on the Byriel server... www.ThePrismaticOrder.com.

And to the other poster, I agree its an MMO and our sexuality should not matter.. well at least in a perfect world. MMO's are social games, so when in a guild a person should feel comfortable to be themselves. If I wanted to say how my boyfriend surprised me with a candle lite dinner for Valentines Day, i should be able to share that with my guildmates without having to worry about criticism.
    Last edited by Quinton; 02-14-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Well then we must be partners then...we're from the Silkweb Server GL with yours!
    Total Artifact Collection turn-ins: 182/300

Co-Leader of Sanatorium on Millrush.
    KoS: Chaotic Destiny and General Goods

Well then we must be partners then...we're from the Silkweb Server GL with yours!
    Same to you!! Good luck I wish your group all the success

My boyfriend and I are in a GLBT guild in LOTRO they are hilarious when they hit on him!! Sooooo adorable!

Never gamed with such nice an generous folks.

From my experience, these types of guilds are mature and kind. Not some immature dink screaming "I'm gonna tea bag that fool I just ganked"

Are sheep f*cking Kiwis allowed?
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast