+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49

Thread: LGBT Guilds!

  1. #31
    Plane Walker Quinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laughter View Post
    I was being nice and a few of you seem to have an issue with someone being nice to you. *shrug*
    I don't think anyone has issues with you being nice or what you were saying. To a point I agree with you. But we don't live in a perfect world either. I think the main point is why put yourself in a situation where you feel you have to watch what you say when you can seek out a guild where that won't be necessary?

    Though, I agree it's not like I am going to join some randon pick up group and be like "Hi my names Quinton, and I'm gay" lol.. not going to happen, nor is it needed. But a guild is like a big family. They are to be there to guide and support you, which is why people seek out like minded people when it comes to guilds. Socially it makes sense, we all do it whether its IRL or our MMO life.

  2. #32
    RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    1,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinton View Post
    I don't think anyone has issues with you being nice or what you were saying. To a point I agree with you. But we don't live in a perfect world either. I think the main point is why put yourself in a situation where you feel you have to watch what you say when you can seek out a guild where that won't be necessary?

    Though, I agree it's not like I am going to join some randon pick up group and be like "Hi my names Quinton, and I'm gay" lol.. not going to happen, nor is it needed. But a guild is like a big family. They are to be there to guide and support you, which is why people seek out like minded people when it comes to guilds. Socially it makes sense, we all do it whether its IRL or our MMO life.
    Haha well I just have a hard time telling people's "tone" in text. Maybe I just don't really pay attention to what other's think. I am female and have a boatload of gay guy friends some female.. so I am just use to it.

    I dunno I think I just came off wrong or worded something odd.. i do that. Oh well :/

  3. #33
    Plane Touched SleepingKitteh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Not everyone can be open minded, everyone should feel comfortable and welcomed in a guild like environment, but that isn't the case all the time.

  4. #34
    Telaran Greyhair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    94

    Default

    I have to confess that, apart from the one person who's actually managed (before this thread) to score a permanent ignore, the responses have been....fairly civil.

    So, I'm in. Just not an RP server, though. I tried Faeblight during the past couple of betas, and the non-stop bickering in chat reminded me of why, even as an eager roleplayer, I avoid those servers in games. ;)

  5. #35
    Plane Touched SleepingKitteh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyhair View Post
    I have to confess that, apart from the one person who's actually managed (before this thread) to score a permanent ignore, the responses have been....fairly civil.

    So, I'm in. Just not an RP server, though. I tried Faeblight during the past couple of betas, and the non-stop bickering in chat reminded me of why, even as an eager roleplayer, I avoid those servers in games. ;)
    I don't think the real Faeblight will be as bad as the beta one. It's beta and the majority of people probably tried to get on the server with the lowest population until the other beta servers opened up.

  6. #36
    Telaran Greyhair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SleepingKitteh View Post
    I don't think the real Faeblight will be as bad as the beta one. It's beta and the majority of people probably tried to get on the server with the lowest population until the other beta servers opened up.
    I'll probably give it a whirl, then. ;)

  7. #37
    Shadowlander Sedia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Off-topic philosophical arguments aside, I'd love to join your guild, if it were guardian/PvP

  8. #38
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinton View Post
    Not true, The Prismatic Order, is also a GLBT friendly guild on the Byriel server... www.ThePrismaticOrder.com.

    And to the other poster, I agree its an MMO and our sexuality should not matter.. well at least in a perfect world. MMO's are social games, so when in a guild a person should feel comfortable to be themselves. If I wanted to say how my boyfriend surprised me with a candle lite dinner for Valentines Day, i should be able to share that with my guildmates without having to worry about criticism.




    I'm gay AND ******ed. I can't find out if you guys are Guardians or Defiants .. lol
    Anyway, my BF & I will be starting on the 24th. Would love to start with a good home. I don't care if we're playing Guardian or Defiant, but would prefer Guardian (again no biggie lol)

  9. #39
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Much as it sounds nice to play with fellow bottom pirates, I don't want the entirety of my guild experience to be just people like me. I want a variety of personalities and genitalia, like a fat man at an all-you-can-eat-buffet.

  10. #40
    Telaran Sevvy88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTailedFox View Post
    Much as it sounds nice to play with fellow bottom pirates, I don't want the entirety of my guild experience to be just people like me. I want a variety of personalities and genitalia, like a fat man at an all-you-can-eat-buffet.
    If anyone is planning on having a guild that is inclusive and accepting of LGBT people please shoot me a PM.

    I would be really interested in getting involved with this and maybe even helping out beyond just being a regular member.

    We need some Stonewallers in Rift!

  11. #41
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I realize that a lot of people don't understand why there is a need for GLBT friendly guilds and realms, but I will share an experience I had.

    I am openly gay, and a girl and I were having a discussion in guild chat one day. She was talking about how her boyfriends were always so driven by sex and I laughed and said well remember that a man's brain is located in his pants. It was just a joke. All of a sudden one of the officers start going off on me. Tells me I am nothing more than some fat man hating butch dyke who needs to find a man to put me in my place and he doesn't need my kind in his guild bashing men. I said FU in not so nice terms and left the guild.

    After that I decided it was time to find somewhere a little safer. I rummaged the wow forums, discovered proudmoore and a glbt guild, and I have never felt more at home or safe in any game I have ever played.

    So I am hoping to find an unofficial GLBT realm, and a GLBT friendly guild. From reading other threads it looks like Byriel is the place I hope. Just thought I would share my experience with people, it won't change anyone's mind, it won't make anyone less of a bigot, but at least it shows a reason for the need of safe havens for the GLBT community.

  12. #42
    Plane Touched Cinnaminson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    uk northwest area
    Posts
    239

    Default

    personally i dont care about someones sexual oriantation.

    if you and your partner are a laugh have fun and are good to get on with i am good with that.
    i dont care if glbt want to show their feelings to each other in my presence in chat damn we are all normal human beings and entitlerd to love how we see fit.

    i will play with anyone its a game and ment to be fun and interaction, but yes i understand that there are a lot of idiots out there.
    they are rude to anyone regardless of gender age or sexuality.

  13. #43
    Plane Touched Cinnaminson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    uk northwest area
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberri View Post
    I realize that a lot of people don't understand why there is a need for GLBT friendly guilds and realms, but I will share an experience I had.

    I am openly gay, and a girl and I were having a discussion in guild chat one day. She was talking about how her boyfriends were always so driven by sex and I laughed and said well remember that a man's brain is located in his pants. It was just a joke. All of a sudden one of the officers start going off on me. Tells me I am nothing more than some fat man hating butch dyke who needs to find a man to put me in my place and he doesn't need my kind in his guild bashing men. I said FU in not so nice terms and left the guild.

    After that I decided it was time to find somewhere a little safer. I rummaged the wow forums, discovered proudmoore and a glbt guild, and I have never felt more at home or safe in any game I have ever played.

    So I am hoping to find an unofficial GLBT realm, and a GLBT friendly guild. From reading other threads it looks like Byriel is the place I hope. Just thought I would share my experience with people, it won't change anyone's mind, it won't make anyone less of a bigot, but at least it shows a reason for the need of safe havens for the GLBT community.
    so sorry to hear that what an idiot that person was.
    i am straight but i call my partner and men all the time (sorry ) womens perogative.but yes i do understand why it would feel better to find a guild with a larger amount of GLBT members .

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Any starting on a RP server guardian side???

  15. #45
    Ascendant jadakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    http://theprismaticorder.com/

    GLBT guild.

    Byriel Defiant side.
    Last edited by jadakin; 02-23-2011 at 11:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts