+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LGBT Guilds!

I think it is sad that people have to look for or request GLBT friendly guilds. Should not all guilds be respectful of their memberships? I have only ever been in three guilds through 6 games and I've run one that has gone through four games. I have never allowed my members to insult each other, especially when it comes to real life issues. In fact, the issue of gay-bashing came up during EverQuest and I had to dismiss a good member who was unwilling to stop using a word that another found offensive. I think it is the responsibility of management and leadership to maintain a friendly in-guild atmosphere.
    Savik of Greybriar
    Guild Leader, TKagi Ro (Level 30)
    3/3 BoS

Why is there a need to have exclusive guilds like this, nobody cares. And if they do just find a new guild that doesn't
    Lotham City

Yes ForumTroll, because sheeps and goats are similiar..depends on the size of the horns you're grabbing on.
    Total Artifact Collection turn-ins: 182/300

Co-Leader of Sanatorium on Millrush.
    KoS: Chaotic Destiny and General Goods

I'm in a GLBT guild in EQ2 but I'm straight. We're one of the largest guilds in game. I love it because the people are awesome. Doesn't matter what their sexual preference is. I was drawn to them because they advertised themselves as nonjudgmental and a bit raunchy and intolerant of prejudice of any kind. I hate racial slurs and i hate when people say "OMG this is so gay" referring to something negative as well as many other rude things based on other peoples race, gender, or sexual preference. That's why I joined and would join another GLBT guild in a heartbeat if they excepted what my current EQ2 guildie calls me "fruit flies".

edit: Yes I know I'm a hater
    Last edited by Lunalynn; 02-14-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Thumbs up

Ok I'm going to be honest. I didn't know what GLBT meant lol.
    I never thought about it being a problem, maybe because it was never an issue in my guild before.
    Anyways I wish ya'll the best of luck =)
    The only problem I have with this post is the whole Guardian thing lol Those male dwarf hands scare me =S
    Original signature done by me!
    A good friend will help you out no matter what.I'm going to visit my BFF later...Inmate # 100846 oh the good times we had!

Quote Originally Posted by Hutchinson View Post
    Why is there a need to have exclusive guilds like this, nobody cares. And if they do just find a new guild that doesn't
    Guessing you didn't read the whole thread. I would like to point you in the direction of my post that happens to be on the first page:

Again GLBT guilds are never (at least in my 12 years of MMOing) been exclusively GLBT. They are GLBT friendly, so all are welcome in the guild regardless of orientation. As long as you respect diversity then you are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Syndacus View Post
    Visit Sanatorium, the one and only LGBT friendly guild, we even accept goat f*ckers too, but not pigs...

http://www.sanatorium.guildlaunch.com
    Discrimination!

A man should be allowed to love his pig in the comfort of their own stable and not be made to feel dirty about it!

On a serious note, what does LGBT stand for? It's a phrase I saw on here a while back when some was requesting a LGBT only server. I'm guessing it's an American abbreviation, as it's not something I've heard before in the UK.
    Last edited by Zantetsuken; 02-14-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Syndacus View Post
    Visit Sanatorium, the one and only LGBT friendly guild, we even accept goat f*ckers too, but not pigs...

http://www.sanatorium.guildlaunch.com

No pigs? Damn a lot of people are going to be disappointed, a couple even in this thread!

And why no LGBT guilds on either of the RP servers? That makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    Discrimination!

A man should be allowed to love his pig in the comfort of their own stable and not be made to feel dirty about it!

On a serious note, what does LGBT stand for? It's a phrase I saw on here a while back when some was requesting a LGBT only server. I'm guessing it's an American abbreviation, as it's not something I've heard before in the UK.
    GLBT/LGBT stands for gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender.

I know what thread you are referring to and sadly that thread got blown out of proportion. The OP of that thread was asking if a server has been declared as the Unofficial GLBT server; not asking for Trion to give us an Official GLBT server.. totally different . In most games I have played the GLBT community will nominate an existing server as the Unofficial GLBT server so those of like mind are able to find welcoming guilds/communities.

Kat

I don't really think these things get blown out of proportion by accident. I think game forums tend to be rife with people who will do absolutely anything for attention, or who just like to vandalize forums, and creating a controversy out of almost nothing at all is one such activity.

Honestly I'm used to forums which are somewhat more moderated.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laughter View Post
    Didn't mean to offend you all I meant was... it's a video game not many people run around screaming they are straight.. or gay.
    Not directly.

But look at it this way. When eight people in the guild are married, and seven of them say "my wife" and one of them says "my spouse", what do you think people conclude?

I didn't say they should have to keep quiet about it but honestly no need to point yourself out like you're special or something. To me you're just a normal person.
    That's great. Thing is... To some people, they're not normal people, they're subhuman filth that need to be eradicated. And after a while, that can sorta wear on people. So they like to find a guild where they can be pretty sure that not everything which is bad will be called "gay".

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton View Post
    GLBT/LGBT stands for gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender.

I know what thread you are referring to and sadly that thread got blown out of proportion. The OP of that thread was asking if a server has been declared as the Unofficial GLBT server; not asking for Trion to give us an Official GLBT server.. totally different . In most games I have played the GLBT community will nominate an existing server as the Unofficial GLBT server so those of like mind are able to find welcoming guilds/communities.
    Haha, thanks for the clarification, I probably should have been able to figure that out for myself, pretty obvious when you think about it. I was pretty sure the G stood for Gay but the other letters had me stumped.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I hope you all find a kind and accepting community wherever you find yourselves in game.

Peace and love.
    Last edited by Mirriwah; 02-14-2011 at 10:09 AM.
    If you've ever used "Learn 2 play" seriously in a post, you're part of the problem.

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

I was being nice and a few of you seem to have an issue with someone being nice to you. *shrug*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast