+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WoW never listened to their customers, so why complain?

Default WoW never listened to their customers, so why complain?

There's this thing going around that Blizzard destroyed their own game by listening to everyone in World of Warcraft (PvP corwd) and destroying their game. I have no idea where this crap started from, but it is a flat out lie. Infact, the very reason that blizzard ignores it's customers is why I cancelled my subscription. I mean really, the appearance tab is the largest suggestion in the game, with HUNDREDS of pages of detail, and it never passed.

World of Warcraft has never listened to it's PvP crowd, I cannot think of one patch where they actually had player suggested nerfs or buffs. The only thing they look at is spreadsheets, and if something is too strong in arena they nerf it. They have no sense of balance whatsoever, every season there's always a ridiculously overpowered class. Always a class that was overbuffed, and when they enrf, they always overnerf.

Blizzard has ignored their customers to the point of ignoring the top 0.5% of the world, and treat them as if they weren't a rational thought. The best player sin the world told BLizzard they buffed somethng too much, and they didn't listen. So now, there's ridiculously overpowered classes destroying the arena ladder.

Saying Blizzard was destroyed by their customers shows how ignorant you guys are, as they are destroying THEMSELVES not the customers.

Plane Touched

Your kidding right? WoW fell apart because they listened to the whining and bellyaching of people. We could say that they listened to the wrong crowd of people!!! That is why their classes are so screwed up! People got killed by this class or that class and they all start calling for nerfs and down came the nerf hammer which then threw off the other class balances. Take the rogues, they ALL loved the rogues but cried like banshees if someone killed their rogue. So what did Blizzard do? They came up with stunlock so nobody had a chance to kill them or if by chance they got out of the stunlock, they gave the rogue the ability to re-enter stealth (while in combat) and stunlock again!! And there was the LFD tool. What a game killer that was!!

I know Trion will listen to it's customer base on what they want but I also hope they think things through thoroughly before bringing ideas into the game. If they follow Blizzards footsteps on issues like the LFD tool and toons able to stun a person from 100 to 0 then I will not be sticking around.

Edit: Trion has pulled off some remarkable things in this game that Blizzard preached "couldn't be done" which ment "we're not gonna do". One of the BIGGEST things Blizzard did wrong was they gave people the power to police other people. That is what brings conflict. The open groups ability for rifts is NICE! I would like to see them do the same thing to dungeons and have the difficulty of the dungeon scale with how many people join. That would take care of people wanting a LFD tool and alot of the power trips we saw in WoW's instances.
    Last edited by Lifebandit; 02-10-2011 at 04:24 PM.

The reason they can never balance pvp is b/c they "balance" it around combinations (of classes) rather than 1v1. This is a stated goal of Blizzards.

They may have listened to customer complaints in the past but the forum blues are pretty much mocking the complainers now (from GCs debacle to todays events).

When you have a large subscription base you have to appease all and not a select few. It’s the companies’ job to find a middle ground where most will be happy. WoW has failed here, but blizzard will continue making great games as always.
    For now I’m with Trion hoping to find that holy grail of mmos.

They listened to the WRONG people.

Besides they got to big for thier own good, then greed and ego took over....so what they lose a few thousand here or there, they have millions!!!

I really hope Trion suceeds and gets a good solid playerbase, but I do not want to see it reach in the millions, because, well we see what happens to a game and its community when it reaches that magnitude.

It loses itself in the masses.

Save the music! On a mission to bring back Bard's music, “Without music, life would be an error.”

Rift Chaser

WoW.... stopped reading

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Starzia View Post
    They listened to the WRONG people.

Besides they got to big for thier own good, then greed and ego took over....so what they lose a few thousand here or there, they have millions!!!

I really hope Trion suceeds and gets a good solid playerbase, but I do not want to see it reach in the millions, because, well we see what happens to a game and its community when it reaches that magnitude.

It loses itself in the masses.
    Lets put it like this. They listened to too much of the wrong side and the game went pure pve. Now the pve'rs did what humans did and split into 2 group. Casuals and hardcore.

Casuals outnumber hardcores and we all saw who won that decision.

Super troll.

Over the course of playing WoW for 6 years I've talked to hundreds of GMs and I've seen TONS AND TONS of PVP balanced based on carebear crybabies.

"The best player sin the world told BLizzard they buffed somethng too much, and they didn't listen. So now, there's ridiculously overpowered classes destroying the arena ladder."

The guild that downed Heroic Sinestra? first (maybe someone else) reported to Blizz a few glitches and bugs during the fight. Blizz fixed those in a matter of 6 hours lol...
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

Telaran

Wow didnt fall anywhere, you just got bored playing it. Should be in off topic anyways.

The Warcraft forums are over yonder, Chase.

WoW sucks. Stop posting threads about it.
    "The truth is: what is. And what should be is a terrible, terrible lie someone gave the people long ago"

D_B
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Lifebandit View Post
    Your kidding right? WoW fell apart because they listened to the whining and bellyaching of people. We could say that they listened to the wrong crowd of people!!! That is why their classes are so screwed up! People got killed by this class or that class and they all start calling for nerfs and down came the nerf hammer which then threw off the other class balances. Take the rogues, they ALL loved the rogues but cried like banshees if someone killed their rogue. So what did Blizzard do? They came up with stunlock so nobody had a chance to kill them or if by chance they got out of the stunlock, they gave the rogue the ability to re-enter stealth (while in combat) and stunlock again!! And there was the LFD tool. What a game killer that was!!

I know Trion will listen to it's customer base on what they want but I also hope they think things through thoroughly before bringing ideas into the game. If they follow Blizzards footsteps on issues like the LFD tool and toons able to stun a person from 100 to 0 then I will not be sticking around.

Edit: Trion has pulled off some remarkable things in this game that Blizzard preached "couldn't be done" which ment "we're not gonna do". One of the BIGGEST things Blizzard did wrong was they gave people the power to police other people. That is what brings conflict. The open groups ability for rifts is NICE! I would like to see them do the same thing to dungeons and have the difficulty of the dungeon scale with how many people join. That would take care of people wanting a LFD tool and alot of the power trips we saw in WoW's instances.
    I have nothing to add. Lifebandit said it all.

Yea that's the problem. They listened to the wrong crowd!

Whatever class I'm NOT playing needs to be nerfed.

If anyone here cared about WoW, they'd be on their forums. This has nothing to do with Rift

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew View Post
    Super troll.

Over the course of playing WoW for 6 years I've talked to hundreds of GMs and I've seen TONS AND TONS of PVP balanced based on carebear crybabies.

"The best player sin the world told BLizzard they buffed somethng too much, and they didn't listen. So now, there's ridiculously overpowered classes destroying the arena ladder."

The guild that downed Heroic Sinestra? first (maybe someone else) reported to Blizz a few glitches and bugs during the fight. Blizz fixed those in a matter of 6 hours lol...
    Actually Blizzard was in the encounter with them, "fixing bugs" between pulls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast