+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Censorship on the WoW forums... lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Akaijra View Post

Can we please keep the WoW forum attitudes out of this game? At least 'till launch!
    That was the whole reason for my post.

Plane Touched

Hello Kettle! How would I go about being polite to someone being as rude as you were? As I said; keep your comments to yourself unless they are warranted. Basic basic manners - and if their is I way I could have explained that to you without being rude myself, then by all means, let me know.

Can we please keep the WoW forum attitudes out of this game? At least 'till launch!
    Maybe he's just tired of people posting epic, melodramatic sagas about their disappointment in World of Warcraft. I sure as hell am. Not only do we not care that you don't play World of Warcraft any more, but letting us know that you let Blizzard know you're disappointed in them is an additional step away from being interesting.

It's like finding out from someone that they found out from someone else that their neighbor's cat has diarrhea.

Besides, there's obviously incentive here. Is she expecting us to high five her? Applaud her ability to cancel a video game account? Take interest in the artificial sense of boycott? No one cares. We're sick of hearing about it over here and that was one of the worst stories yet.

And you know what? That's the second time you've mentioned "basic manners" and "rudeness." If someone puts themselves on a soapbox in an open forum and demands attention, they're going to get what they're asking for, for better or worse. In this case, primarily worse. Besides, preaching or demanding basic manners on the internet is about as effective as calling the CEO of Blizzard and leaving a message on his voicemail insisting he's a "mean face" with "bad hair."

Blah.

That attitude about how forums are I guess... "meant" to be used for trolling and flaming (so it's okay if you do) doesn't exist on all message boards, at least not warbeats, flipside, or other music communities that I'm a part of. I've seen it almost exclusively on MMORPG message boards - and how you can't exist on forums without being polite or keeping negative opinions to yourself. What is with these types of games attracting all this 4-chan stuff? Maybe I just don't get out enough.

Blizzard is trying to cover their tracks is all.
    We all know how evil they have become recently. It went from a fun game to a very elite club.
    I never was ever so insulted in any game than playinging WoW with my wife ni a raid group.
    She cried and that was the last straw.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sailas View Post
    We all know how evil they have become recently. It went from a fun game to a very elite club.
    I never was ever so insulted in any game than playinging WoW with my wife ni a raid group.
    Wait - Blizzard is evil or the elitist group that made your wife cry are evil? I'm confused.

It's the Banhammer for those whom defy Activision-Blizzard's will!
    Seriously. I've never seen it this bad.

While reading some threads during lunch, I saw posts, entire threads, and even players wiped out before my eyes. Before finishing a bite of sandwich, a fresh post disagreeing with Big Brother Blizz would be gone. Meanwhile a community manager decided to create a post that mocked dissension in the forums.
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Timewarp View Post
    Seriously. I've never seen it this bad.

While reading some threads during lunch, I saw posts, entire threads, and even players wiped out before my eyes. Before finishing a bite of sandwich, a fresh post disagreeing with Big Brother Blizz would be gone. Meanwhile a community manager decided to create a post that mocked dissension in the forums.
    I know! It went on for hours. Posts popping up left and right only to last for 20-30 seconds. Also, I just noticed. Last I played WoW (~6 months ago) their was a suggestions sub-forum. Looks like their new website left the suggestion box back home. O.o

Rift Chaser

Same thing happened when Aion was coming out, same old same old, this thread is unnecessary.

At this point every thread is redundant and repetitive. I see a lot of Blizzard banning people and locking posts due to them being all similar in subject manner. Every one has an opinion and people just want their voice heard. Isn't that the whole point of a forum is for many people to discuss similar topics? I don't give a rats *** if their "Rules" state otherwise.

With that said blizzard needs to just remove the forums all together, because at this point every topic is dull and repetitive much like their game world of borecraft...

I spent many years playing WoW and had lots of fun. But I am glad to have quit and am moving to Rift. I look at it this way if Rift doesn't work out then it's obvious the whole MMO genre has gotten old for me. World of Warcraft has gotten dull, stale and boring...

Quote Originally Posted by Sailas View Post
    I'm sorry she cried. I def understand that. There are many times they have made me cry too. That game has become stressful, not fun, and overfilled with kiddie chat trash talk instead of game related chat.

Funny, we were assured if we bought the acct authenicator our accts were safe. This is not truth. My hubby had an authenicator on his acct, has since it was first offered, and he was still hacked! No one but hubby had acct info and he never gave it to anyone.

He logged in just one day after he had previously played and his sub fee was also paid for the month to discover between the night he logged off to then his entire acct was hacked!

I believe it was inside job because 2 toons were server transferred and they never investigated who used the cc to pay transfer even though hubby demanded it be done because he is acct holder and has every right to get an investigation. Because they refused to do the investigation this logically leads me to believe one of the gms or another person with complete acct access on inside done the hacks and transfers. Not much was done except replace some of his gear, but not all. Most of his toons were 85 lvl.

Back in Vanilla WoW it was a blast hubby and I played everyday. It's sad it has become the mess it is today.
    Last edited by Orchana; 02-11-2011 at 04:14 PM.

All Adult guild forming must be 18+ in real life to join! Visit us: http://www.fuggbucket.guildportal.com

Quote Originally Posted by Orchana View Post
    I believe it was inside job because 2 toons were server transferred and they never investigated who used the cc to pay transfer even though hubby demanded it be done because he is acct holder and has every right to get an investigation. Because they refused to do the investigation this logically leads me to believe one of the gms or another person with complete acct access on inside done the hacks and transfers. Not much was done except replace some of his gear, but not all. Most of his toons were 85 lvl.
    I got a phishing email to the email account I have only ever used for Battle.net and have never given to anyone, etc. I let Blizzard know, but I also suspect the culprit works for the company.

It has always been Blizzard's policy to scrub threads related towards advertising other MMOs. Trion does the same thing on these forums if it feels another game is being advertised. Blizzard no longer has an off-topic forum either (at least I couldn't find it anymore) so there is pretty much no appropriate place on their forums to post about things like that.

I realize you have to have an active subscription to post there but still, their forums, their rules, their right to lock and delete your threads. Besides, there can be no good discussion about the vidya on WoW's official forums.
    Last edited by Marcato; 02-11-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by saviktkr View Post
    They just raised their earnings estimates for Q1 2011. They don't want to underperform their projections and take a beating in share price. Of course they're going to limit any kind of suggestion that there are alternatives.

"You mean there are FPS games besides Call of Duty and MMORPGs besides WoW?!"
    Quite contraire! ATVI took a 10% hit in stock price on conference call day because company guidance for 1st quarter and for the entire year were well below market expectations, despite the fact that ATVI has 3.3 billion in cash. Earnings might be ok because they fired 500 employees and are clearly focused on cutting costs. Nonetheless, going backwards on forward-looking revenues alarms Wall Street.

Part of this might be due to the conservative nature of Kotick and the fact that Diablo 3 will probably not be released in 2011, but nonetheless, ATVI is now even more dependent on its "prime" IPs from Blizzard and its CoD franchise. If any of those falter relative to past performance, there is no major release such as Cata or SCII to pick em back up in 2011.
    Last edited by Gladius; 02-11-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Marcato View Post
    It has always been Blizzard's policy to scrub threads related towards advertising other MMOs. Trion does the same thing on these forums if it feels another game is being advertised. Blizzard no longer has an off-topic forum either (at least I couldn't find it anymore) so there is pretty much no appropriate place on their forums to post about things like that.

I realize you have to have an active subscription to post there but still, their forums, their rules, their right to lock and delete your threads. Besides, there can be no good discussion about the vidya on WoW's official forums.
    You are right. Their forum, their rules.

Lately, however, they've gone much further than just deleting or locking threads about competing MMOs. Huge threads discussing issues with the game have gone by the wayside. Calling the place a forum, which by definition, is a place of open discussion, is really inappropriate these days. It's become markedly worse.

Not that I really care. Still, it seems really remarkable that so many of the WoW faithful are openly treated with what seems like overt disdain and they still defend, justify, and go back for more.

Soulwalker

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/a...son/banned.jpg
    This screenie is in relation to this thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2059307163

I apologise if this takes the thread somewhat off track but this happened recently.

I understand if they feel a little threatened by someone who doesn't have a clue (me) criticising them for wasting time, resources and not allowing them to have any fun. Who am I to complain and tell them how to do their job.

I myself am a volunteer and one of the current orginisers of the biggest cross realm PvP community on WoW (not affiliated with Blizzard in anyway) and understand what it means to volunteer time for the betterment of a community, fun just isn't in the equation for making an orginisation work. At least not like this, not as paid employees. It's tantamount to end of year, year 12 shenanigans.

This may seem petty and it's quite possible that I took the tone of the thread out of context, but it's yet another failing on something that needs to be done on their part, no longer do they document all changes and make them public.

Considering what else is in that thread, I hardly see how I was spamming or trolling, it just goes to show how out of touch the Blues and Greens are with the community, just another reason as to why more than 90% of my guild (mains) will be making the transition to Rift.
    Last edited by Telindra; 02-11-2011 at 11:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2