+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking to upgrade

Default Looking to upgrade

i want to upgrade the cooling on my gpu`s....i currently have 2 5770`s...i currently dont know how much i`m willing to spend, but should i get an aftermarket air cooling fan, water cool them, or upgrade to a 6000 series ati card?

Quote Originally Posted by jrotondi View Post
    i want to upgrade the cooling on my gpu`s....i currently have 2 5770`s...i currently dont know how much i`m willing to spend, but should i get an aftermarket air cooling fan, water cool them, or upgrade to a 6000 series ati card?
    I've switched loyalty only "recently" with my 5870's... but if I were to upgrade, I would take two of these, yes pls:

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInf...s%20Family&sw=

Quote Originally Posted by jrotondi View Post
    Great googily moogily. Depends on the case I guess. I'd opt for water-cooling, personally. Those 5770s are recent cards and you already set up SLI.

Soulwalker

i'd drop the money a new vid card.

no amount of cooling/overclocking will beat a next gen card.

The amount you would spend cooling those budget cards to get them OCd enough to almost compete with a real card.. you may as well just buy a real card.

It's like putting a turbo in a Prius, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Vextagora View Post
    I've switched loyalty only "recently" with my 5870's... but if I were to upgrade, I would take two of these, yes pls:

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInf...s%20Family&sw=
    I have one, and one is more than enough - even to play metro 2033 on max settings @ 1080p smoothly.
    Last edited by Forum Troll; 02-10-2011 at 01:32 PM.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

[QUOTE=Forum Troll;948918]The amount you would spend cooling those budget cards to get them OCd enough to almost compete with a real card.. you may as well just buy a real card.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Troll View Post
    It's like putting a turbo in a Prius, man.
    Myself and two others have done this. Granted it was a T25, but it was done, currently producing 6psi.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Troll View Post
    I have one, and one is more than enough - even to play metro 2033 on max settings @ 1080p smoothly.
    Tempting. Typically I prefer to get a bit more "life" out of my hardware, however; I may just build another rig. Now to get the wifes approval.

thanks for the advice, i think ill get new cards....the gtx 580 does look nice, just gotta save money now lol......agains thanks

+ Reply to Thread