+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ok, We Get It

Plane Touched

Default Ok, We Get It

Blizzard is absolutely terrified to the point where they're locking posts on the boards. It has nothing to do with the fact that 95% of those posts immediately spark a heated debate where someone, eventually, gets banned for nerd rage. And despite the fact that Blizzard has enough money to open a global chain of Nerdburger franchises, they're going to be bankrupt in March.

I wish you guys would stop talking about it.

Let's evaluate why you find Blizzard's potentially (not potential) demise so ****ing fascinating:

For one, it hurt you. At some point your girlfriend made you sleep on the couch, deleted your characters, or didn't exist in the first place. And you're mad. Like a fat woman with no self control, it's McDonalds fault she can't stop stuffing her face with animal biproducts. Now you want to see Blizzard fail because they ruined your life with a patch, expansion, or some executive decision you don't agree with and you know what you're talking about because you're a six figure salary employee at a fortune 500 company and you know exactly how things should be done. And you know more than the company that managed to become billionaires in the first place.

You said, I trust you, Blizzard. I know you'll always make decisions I agree with and hold me when the storm comes. I know despite failed relationships, weight gain, heart disease and gingivitis you're there for me. You'll always be there for me. She said I spent too much time with you, Blizzie. Is it ok if I call you Blizzie? Well I didn't spend too much time with you. I didn't spend enough. I'm so sorry.

Then one day Blizzard let you down. They broke your fragile, lonely heart and now the only way you can successfully have an ****** is reading posts that justify your sadness by other people that also occupy their time raiding and talking to their goldfish.

Another reason is you just hate capitalism. It actually bothers you that a company can have such a grip on you and the rest of the 12 million subscribers. You want to see them burn for their tyrrany. You're probably the same person that takes jabs at anyone with some success under their belt and you always justify it with how they don't deserve fame and fortune.

Like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs or Justin Beiber, you're threatened by their global domination and they must be stopped. I think you're just jealous. Yeah, I think you're jealous of Justin Beiber. That kid is going to crush more tail than you'll ever see in your life the second he turns 18. You hate him for it.

Blizzard is just like any other corporate empire - aside from what's available in the break room and the dress code - where at the end of the day, they're trying to be financially successful. Blizzard did that incredibly well and their games are quality products that deserve every drip of success they've poured into their gold plated goblet. Maybe they always stood by "when it's ready" because they found from a marketing standpoint that's a very good way to convince people you're an arrogant god that always releases pure quality. Maybe Diablo 3 was ready a year ago.

The last reason is boredom. Some of you indulge in improving yourselves through reading, work, or independent study. Some of us drink more than we should and eat pockets until we vomit a rainbow of pizza flavors. Others flip on Lifetime and watch a coming of age story because sometimes drama beats the hell out of complacency. And that's when they go rip on a company like Blizzard or high five each other because they're taking it to the man. The same man that kept them entertained and in a relationship with a female Blood Elf for the last four years of their lives. But that doesn't matter, because they ****ING RUINED MY PALADIN MAN. Yeah, well they didn't ruin anything. You ruined yourself. Their world, their rules. Adapt, mother ****er.

I'm not saying Blizzard can do no wrong, of course they do wrong. It happens all the time. No matter how brilliant, successful, good looking or all of those (me) things someone is, they always make mistakes. Considering I have all of those things my mistake was clearly opening any of those stupid posts that have been covering the boards like ranch flavored powder on a role players lap. Overall though, they're champions, and Blizzard probably changed the company hours so everyone could spend an extra 10 minutes every morning admiring themselves in the mirror or masturbating in a bathtub full of awards.

As far as Trion goes. So far I've seen a brilliant company with an exceptional product. And it's very likely that Trion will "steal" away some of Blizzard's customers for a multitude of reasons - one of which is obviously that people want a change, and Blizzard underestimated the commitment (see: sadness) of its player base. They cannot provide content fast enough. When servers went live for Cataclysm it wasn't an anomaly for someone to hit 85 in the first few hours. In fact, if you didn't do so within the first few days you were a nub by community standards. People were raiding the new content within the first night. It's remarkable how fast people will inhale content, crap it out, then whine that there isn't more on their plate because they're self-entitled gluttonous **** bags. It's not Blizzard's or Trion's fault you can't moderate your god damn play time so you can slow down and enjoy the world a little more without competing to be on top because everywhere else in your life you're accustomed to being on the bottom.

Trion is going to be successful. There is no question. It's just a matter of the scale of that success that's up for debate. Now before you go getting all awesome about my claims that they're going to be successful it's not because I like the game - although I obviously do. It's because you have to really **** up an MMO to cease to exist. Ultima Online is still out there. Everquest just released it's 237th expansion pack titled "Buy a New ****ing Computer Already." It's more impressive for an MMO developer to fail at this point than it is to see them succeed. So yeah, Trion will do just fine.

Perhaps you could show a little love and support for both companies and stop playing favorites because your psychological desire to affiliate with someone or something overwhelms your better judgement to avoid being a total ******* in the process.

Trion is awesome. Blizzard is awesome. Show some respect.

I mentioned a while back that Trion didn't support the "war on Blizzard" and the first thing you debate kings did was point out how Trion's ad campaign included a jab at Blizzard regarding "this isn't azeroth" or "we're not Blizzard" or "no ****" or whatever it was. I told you that was a friendly needling in a competitive market. Want proof now? Trion is locking and closing threads that deliberately and maliciously attack Blizzard and anyone loyal (see: stupid) enough to stand by them now. You know why? Because they don't support your trite little war.

Trion knows what's up. They have solid support, a communicative staff, friendly PR, and most importantly a game that rocks my face with joy. But they won't wail on Blizzard like the rest of you haters because that's what you do when you've got balls. You stand by your own awesomeness and ignore what the competition is doing in the face of the public.

That's it. I'm done. You guys got me so pissed off I started rambling about I don't know what the ****.

I'm done. You can stop now, too. Cause we get it. We totally get it.

Thumbs up

I read your post and have to agree that both companies are superior, even though Blizzard has been around for quite some time.
    I really do not understand their censorship. It seems to me that if I was new, all this censoring would be perceived as worse than not censoring.

You made great points through your analogies. Especially the "girlfriend on the couch" one. LOL

Capitalism wins over and over. We have seen on Blizzard's side, huge petitions, huge callings for people to unsubscribe but I not seen any of these succeed. Maybe because of the censorship?

Your post was definitely worth reading.

red

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

Pure amazing. Thank you for this honestly one of the best threads I have read.

Plane Touched

Thanks AgentRed. Much appreciated.

The people think they have the power to "quit any time" if Blizzard (or any game company) does something they don't like, but that's the real issue. Having the ability to quit any time is the same mentality as a ****** junkie. My girlfriend works in a mental hospital. You should hear some of her stories about patients when she does sessions with addicts. Some of them sound identical to what I've seen in gaming forums.

Most MMO developer giants could send out a message to their entire player base about how much they hate their guts, and people still wouldn't abandon the game.

Played WoW from closed beta, to cataclysm. Played about a hundred other games in between. Blizzard made phenomenal games pre-wow, and they'll continue to do so in my opinion. I'm definitely interested in their new mmo, playing the other campaigns for Sc2, and of course D3. There's way too much blizzard hate, WoW hate, and hate in general, but hey, that's society for you =).

I'm not sure I've seen anyone make this particular point yet - but, anything pertaining to Rift, on the WoW forums would be off-topic at best, (I know Trion hasn't really been removing anything that's a WoW comparison from the General forums), but a lot of the WoW discussions do constitute as off topic. That being said, Blizzard removed their off-topic forum awhile ago, so there really isn't a place where anyone has any legitimate business discussing this game there now - whether the move to get rid of the OT forum was a pre-empting maneuver to prepare for this particular situation in advance, who knows. but yeah :P

Blizzard is a phenomenal company, their games speak for themselves, and Trion is the first company I've seen since Blizzard to be prepared to put out a legitimately polished product at retail, that says it all as well :P

In any event, rant or otherwise, predominantly accurate.
    I wish I had a comprehension gun.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Laughter View Post
    Pure amazing. Thank you for this honestly one of the best threads I have read.
    Thanks Laughter. Glad you enjoyed it and my rage served some purpose.
    Last edited by Homebrew; 02-10-2011 at 11:56 AM.

I didn't read all of it, but I approve.

Homebrew, will you marry me?

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    Thanks Laughter. Glad you enjoyed it and my rage served some purpose.
    I follow your posts simply because you're a fellow home brewer. Getting ready to put this blueberry beer in for tertiary... just...about...done.

Quote Originally Posted by Telaura View Post
    Get out he's mine.
    Children of Cybertron ♥~
    -------
    Sex Life
    Tearfall: Cyrodiil Class/Class/Class Level.

Quote Originally Posted by Telaura View Post
    Hey! It's you glad to see you here

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Serradyne View Post
    I'm not sure I've seen anyone make this particular point yet - but, anything pertaining to Rift, on the WoW forums would be off-topic at best, (I know Trion hasn't really been removing anything that's a WoW comparison from the General forums), but a lot of the WoW discussions do constitute as off topic. That being said, Blizzard removed their off-topic forum awhile ago, so there really isn't a place where anyone has any legitimate business discussing this game there now - whether the move to get rid of the OT forum was a pre-empting maneuver to prepare for this particular situation in advance, who knows. but yeah :P
    I feel you, but it's not so much about whether they're breaking the rules by posting here or there about a competitor's game. It's more their motive that pisses me off - hence the blood boiling rant. Not to mention the discussions are rarely if ever civilized and articulate. It's more or less fanboys at each other's throats until both of them collapse in a flurry of tears and urine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrodiil View Post
    Get out he's mine.
    **** you...
    Spitescar PvP <Catalyst>

Guardian
    Sephiria
    Sephyra

Quote Originally Posted by Vextagora View Post
    I follow your posts simply because you're a fellow home brewer. Getting ready to put this blueberry beer in for tertiary... just...about...done.
    Husband and I homebrew also! Yay for homebrewers!

thanks for the laugh, that was some most excellent ranting! Truth, humor, sarcasm, and ranting... gotta love it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast