+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ok, We Get It

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by xcipher View Post
    it is like they have taken the virtual world as their life and the real world is just the game to be played.
    How do you know whats in my MIND!?

Your starting to scare me.

Great post!

I played WOW from launch thru WOTLK and didn't stop playing the game because I hate WOW or Blizz but simply because I was fatigued with the game (got close to a year play time in the thing). I always look forward to the next Blizz game as they are one of the best developers in the business. My marriage suffered because of my play time in WOW, but not because of the game itself, it was simply the particular game that caught my attention (I'm a very old school gamer from the time of Avalon Hill glory days).

While I knew there was a lot of hate out there I didn't realize how much until I saw the Rift ad 'We aren't in Azeroth any more' on Youtube. I thought it was nice little bit and didn't see anything wrong with it but the vehemence launched at it was truly eye-opening!

People really need to make reality checks and understand that MMOs aren't religions or drugs (although obviously incredibly addictive) and folks playing a different MMO from them will no more threaten their enjoyment of 'their game' then a different denomination of church opening up across town or the other addict across the street using a different drug then them.

Here is to all of the sane people who want to play and enjoy Rift however they wish!

Troicheil
    I am sore wounded but not slain. I will lay me down and bleed a while and then rise up to fight again.

"As you've skipped over what I said there really isn't any point to adding anything to this, I've made my case and you've made...stupid I guess." TheHangman

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Troicheil View Post
    Great post!

I played WOW from launch thru WOTLK and didn't stop playing the game because I hate WOW or Blizz but simply because I was fatigued with the game (got close to a year play time in the thing). I always look forward to the next Blizz game as they are one of the best developers in the business. My marriage suffered because of my play time in WOW, but not because of the game itself, it was simply the particular game that caught my attention (I'm a very old school gamer from the time of Avalon Hill glory days).

While I knew there was a lot of hate out there I didn't realize how much until I saw the Rift ad 'We aren't in Azeroth any more' on Youtube. I thought it was nice little bit and didn't see anything wrong with it but the vehemence launched at it was truly eye-opening!

People really need to make reality checks and understand that MMOs aren't religions or drugs (although obviously incredibly addictive) and folks playing a different MMO from them will no more threaten their enjoyment of 'their game' then a different denomination of church opening up across town or the other addict across the street using a different drug then them.

Here is to all of the sane people who want to play and enjoy Rift however they wish!

Troicheil
    Nice post Troincheil. I'd like to mention that while MMOs aren't drugs as you stated, they can inhibit very similar behavior, withdrawal, and priority focus for a lot of players / users. Also, one of the reasons people get so adamantly defensive about what they're playing enough to criticize others for playing something different, is because it doesn't help validate / justify their obsession and it threatens their excuse. That's what really bothers them.

In an ideal world what you've proposed is perfect. People need to realize it but they won't, because ultimately it has nothing to do with the person playing elsewhere and everything to do with why it bothers the accusing individual pointing fingers.

Excellent post, OP.

I'm so sick and tired of the childish provocations. If someone still wants to play WoW at this point then by all means go and have fun.
    G.T.L.

Gaming. Table tennis. Library.

IT'S T-SHIRT TIME!!!

Character:

[GUARDIAN] Level 4X High Elf Rogue

Like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs or Justin Beiber, you're threatened by their global domination and they must be stopped. I think you're just jealous. Yeah, I think you're jealous of Justin Beiber. That kid is going to crush more tail than you'll ever see in your life the second he turns 18. You hate him for it.
    Listen people. This Homebrew guy is good...real good. But I think he's closing in on world posting domination and must be stopped. The truth is I'm just jealous, he probably gets more tail than me. Either way he needs to be brought down! Lets get him !!

good post, mate
    for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under enemy rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. `Declaration of Arbroath

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Listen people. This Homebrew guy is good...real good. But I think he's closing in on world posting domination and must be stopped. The truth is I'm just jealous, he probably gets more tail than me. Either way he needs to be brought down! Lets get him !!

good post, mate
    Ha, nice. I totally get more tail than you.

Thanks man.

I liked it, mate. Read it all the way through.

Which is surprising for me, seeing how much I disagreed with your RoM/Cats threds

The WoW-bashing has gotten to sports-level proportions, like throwing down a squid in a Detroit vs Vancouver on Canuck home ice . Hopefully some people will read this and desist, and be better for it.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Plane Walker

It really just comes down to a total lack of choice. I would love to see multiple titles just as great if not better then WoW come out. That way we can bounce around.

Variety, as they say, is the spice of life.

reported thread for sticky

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Because it's a lot harder to do damage than it is to heal. You don't have to worry about your targets resisting or dodging or blocking or parrying your efforts. Hell you don't even have to worry about missing. Either you're healing too poor or Trion's short changing you.
    Ixxs-R8 Guardian Cleric-Seastone-<Desolate>

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    I liked it, mate. Read it all the way through.

Which is surprising for me, seeing how much I disagreed with your RoM/Cats threds

The WoW-bashing has gotten to sports-level proportions, like throwing down a squid in a Detroit vs Vancouver on Canuck home ice . Hopefully some people will read this and desist, and be better for it.
    Thanks Satiar. I'm sorry you disagreed with my other threads, but I don't blame you. In fact I'm often surprised so many people tend to agree with my rants. Glad you liked this one though. It just goes to show that if I rant enough, I can please almost everyone with something.

Eh, if everyone is pleased it's because they're actually zombies.

Out of curiosity, where were you playing on RoM? It's possible we met if you were on Arty or played in Siege Wars much.

Plane Touched

Eh, if everyone is pleased it's because they're actually zombies.

Out of curiosity, where were you playing on RoM? It's possible we met if you were on Arty or played in Siege Wars much.
    I meant everyone will be pleased by something while hating other things. It's the philosophy that if you shoot enough bullets, eventually you'll hit something. That doesn't mean you don't miss a lot in the process.

As far as ROM? Heh, I have no idea dude. I don't remember what server I was on. I just remember one thing in particular about the game - the golden lasso. You can either round up 10 mobs with the regular lasso, or buy the golden lasso through the in-game store and round up one mob. Unbelievable. Sorry yeah, no idea what server though.

Blizz is cracking down on negative forum posts for sure. Maybe too little too late. Perhaps if they combined that with a crackdown of the chat channels, then the community could become a little less hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    I meant everyone will be pleased by something while hating other things. It's the philosophy that if you shoot enough bullets, eventually you'll hit something. That doesn't mean you don't miss a lot in the process.

As far as ROM? Heh, I have no idea dude. I don't remember what server I was on. I just remember one thing in particular about the game - the golden lasso. You can either round up 10 mobs with the regular lasso, or buy the golden lasso through the in-game store and round up one mob. Unbelievable. Sorry yeah, no idea what server though.
    Oh my god, the Fungus quest. That was in the training zone Logar

...I never completed that one.

Plane Touched

Oh my god, the Fungus quest. That was in the training zone Logar

...I never completed that one.
    Yeah, that sounds about right. It stuck with me over most other experiences in the game because that's when I went "I ****ing knew it. I knew this was going to happen soon enough. **** you, F2P."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast