+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best MMO Memory / Raid Zone / Raid Mob for you personally?

Shadowlander

Default Best MMO Memory / Raid Zone / Raid Mob for you personally?

Just a topic to pass the time and for people to share their memories or whatnot really, no flaming needed or nada!

Best MMO Memory for me?

Logging into Everquest for the first time, made a Wood Elf Ranger, run around the tree city and fell off to my death, couldnt find my corpse so rerolled as a High Elf Paladin cos they didnt have a tree city lol, played that Paladin for roughly the next 5 or so years non stop! Was an amazing day, running around Gfay battling skeletons and Bats and Orcs and edging ever closer to Crushbone lol.

Best Raid Zone in any MMO for me?
    Tough call, i kinda like the first incarnation of Veeshans Peak, we was one of the only guilds on our server with access that bothered with it, Vex Thal likewise was awesome, it was insanely long to clear due to the mobs HP count be so stupidly high, but the actual layout was brilliant, Plane of Time likewise was a really good zone, trial events to start off with, wave events next followed up with zero trash Boss mob owning, brilliant zone, but my alltime favourite is split between Sleepers Tomb and Temple of Veeshan, i think Temple of Veeshan edges it though because of the design of the place, massive zone with tons of mobs and at the time the best loot that could be had!

Best Raid Mob for me personally?
    The end boss of Tacvi, Tunat Muram Cuu Vauax, which is funny as i didnt really like that expansion much, but Tacvi was allways a really fun instance to raid and Tunat personally was allways a really good fight to do for me, i dunno why, i just liked that fight more than anything else, weird!

Anyone else wanna comment?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Right now, my favorite was a tanking run of heroic pit of saron in WoW. I was pretty marginally geared, and I warned people when we zoned in, but they said let's try it anyway. It went pretty well. No wipes. Not even when the healer died to poison nova with Ick at 40% health, leaving me and the ret pally to finish the fight... that was awesome. At the end of the run, the healer said he'd never judge anyone by gearscore again.

I am expecting RIFT to be a better experience overall, but that was just a particularly excellent experience.

iol
    Shadowlander

Best MMO Memory for me?

Hard to explain, had to do with me and a friend (PvE players) on a PvP server getting ganked in our low 20s and not realizing it was another player until we saw it was a tiger pet, it was funny considering we were fighting on the zoram strand and it should have been obvious a bengal tiger didnt belong.

Uqua - Will always be my favorite raid zone.

Emporer SSRA, the bane weapons were a pain but farming them with guildies was a blast and really brought the guild together.

Creating my first EQ character was an event in itself.

First was a Dark Elf. I spent about an hour trying to get out of the city. My friend and I couldn't figure out where to go, we saw people swimming in this one area so I jumped in. I couldn't figure out how to not drown, drowned, and couldn't find my corpse.

Second character was an Erudite. Anyone who has played one will know that they have no night vision at all. I ended up dying very quickly in the newbie area and I couldn't see to find my corpse.

Third and final was my High Elf. I manged to get out the city alive and the rest is history.

I remember my first trek into Molten Core. We saw those two giants and said, "Those guys will be easy to kill.....OH GOD!"

UO 1999 or so...Not a raid but something better!

Locking down Occlo Reagent Shop with the 'Grey Ghost' gang of thieves. Our 'marks' were always the PK alts, that came to town to stock up for their murderous ways.

The perfection of the hand-off method would stun even ourselves. One cut-purse steals, hand off immediately to next thief positioned in the perfect spot, while guards are called on the first. Second thief hands off to a third for storage. We had 4 tag teams of 2-3 thieves each doing rotations for 6 hours straight.

The crying of those PK alts had us rolling in laughter for years to come. I am sure they cried mommy when they couldn't get a thing off our corpses.

Needless to say we made out like bandits!
    Last edited by Isadore; 02-10-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    I remember my first trek into Molten Core. We saw those two giants and said, "Those guys will be easy to kill.....OH GOD!"
    When I first went to MC, just dinged 60. Been in this great guild for a long time... the best faction-wise on my server at the time. Anyways, we downed Magmadar and I got my first epic ever Tier one pants!

Then BC came and I sold them.

Best MMO Memory for me?
    quitting WoW

Vanilla WoW and one night full Naxx clears that took like 6 hours but were fun

Four Horsemen from Vanilla - OH MY GOD SO MUCH FUN, and so easy once you had a solid strategy...
    Spitescar PvP <Catalyst>

Guardian
    Sephiria
    Sephyra

Shadowlander

My most epic moment happend in UO long before any of the PK changes were introduced that ruined the game:

so there i was lumberjacking a tree in UO, i see the guy walk on screen, walk of casts An Ex Por (paralyze) walks back on the screen and i get the dreaded "you have been paralyzed" and he attacks.

Now i was there unarmed, so above my head it says "Shayla is crafting a bow" closely follow by "Shayla is crafting arrows" this all the while the guy is attacking me, good thing i had 92 str / 92 health in a time most people were stuck at the low 60's max! and my major skills were 90+

so by the time i finish crafting my weapons i still got 80% hp left ....seeing i was a Master Archer at the time, i hit him once and his HP fly ...he probable **** his pants that moment as he runs ....i run after him and "thwip" there go's the next arrow and down he go's then 2 of his buddies rush towards me, 4 arrows later i am looting 3 corpses total and i find a rune and lo and behold a housekey! Happydays!

We all know what that means !! a House!! so i return to town, put on some plate armor port to the house and take a friend of mine along (icq) , he was called Stadler but we all called him Super Stadler because of at the time he was a 5 times grandmaster and on many occasions could take on 5-6 people at the same time.

We arive, enter the house and start looting it now after a while a portal opens up and 5 guys step trough, 3 of wich i killed before without any equipment, they rush in and one guy yells get the other guy first -> so they all gang upon Super Stadler oh so much bad move there man.

I didnt even bother to help Stadler out and just kept looting the house, about 30s later and 5 ghosts saying OOoooOOOOOoooOO me and stadler laugh, i click on ghostspeak and they told me to keep the house because they were quiting!!!

I really wished i could have seen their faces, they went from preying on easy people (no equipment) to quiting in half an hour because they got their ***** handed to them = Epic!

We used the house for a long time to come, it was nice and spacy.

I am pretty sure that things like this will never ever happen again in MMO's to come.

Back then my main on Catskills was Dread Lady Ifurita (people that cant pvp shouldnt mess with another PK's alt character)

I got many many more stories but when we talk about UO or old games this always comes up, i lost track of Super Stadler so if someone remembers himself being stadler on that shard contact me

+ Reply to Thread