+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer - will Rift be the final deathblow

Quote Originally Posted by Myril View Post
    I think so. I've no idea how the numbers look, but I can imagine Warhammer has been in a death struggle for quite some time. Will this be the end for Warhammer?
    It is such a shame, that this fine fictional universe created by Games Workshop has had its name tainted by such a failed game design. I mean, we all had our hopes up back in the days - the creators of DAoC, ground-breaking world PvP, had our hopes up!

Wish I had an insider who could tell me how the numbers for Warhammer subscribers are evolving.
    I think they've done what they could to squeeze the remaining subscriber base for money.
    yes it will, if RIFT doesnt do it, Star Wars, Guild Wars, TERA and Diablo 3 will.

this year is the year WAR either dies, or goes F2P.

anyone who says diffrent either doesnt play WAR currently or is in to worse a shape to admit it.

Thanks for 2 years of fun Mythic.

I just wish Rift had a bunch of RvR lakes with objectives/keeps like WAR does ...

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Yeah the Warhammer 40K MMO coming out sometime in 2013, which actually looks good.
    As far as I know it suffers from the same problem WAR did, only two realms. If they bill it as a pure PvE game, then it should be fine, I guess.

Who wants to play a Warhammer game without fighting other people, though?

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Shadowlander

DAOC > WAR

Swing speeds, etc you felt like you were sword fighting and "sword dancing" with your foe. None of this press button do this instantly. None of this crap ... Cast while running... shoot your arrows while your back is faced to your foe and running becuase you can strafe the right way. A zone for PVP a HUGE zone for nothing but PVP. Where you would get peoples best shot. Very little Ganking, just go out there for pvp and have at it. Tons of fun I loved it.

War .... to zerg or dont pvp is the question in that game. People do not want to zerg all the time.
    Last edited by Chapel; 02-10-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myril View Post
    I think so. I've no idea how the numbers look, but I can imagine Warhammer has been in a death struggle for quite some time. Will this be the end for Warhammer?
    It is such a shame, that this fine fictional universe created by Games Workshop has had its name tainted by such a failed game design. I mean, we all had our hopes up back in the days - the creators of DAoC, ground-breaking world PvP, had our hopes up!

Wish I had an insider who could tell me how the numbers for Warhammer subscribers are evolving.
    I think they've done what they could to squeeze the remaining subscriber base for money.
    The final deathblow was them signing with EA for the release.

I did a bunch of things and a bunch of stuff; now I'm just a casual player.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthStalker View Post
    As far as I know it suffers from the same problem WAR did, only two realms. If they bill it as a pure PvE game, then it should be fine, I guess.

Who wants to play a Warhammer game without fighting other people, though?
    you dont know anything about the 40k mmo, no one does except Vigil, there is no info released on it wtf are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
    DAOC > WAR

Swing speeds, etc you felt like you were sword fighting and "sword dancing" with your foe. None of this press but to this instantly. Cast while running shoot your arrows while your back is faced to your foe and running becuase you can strafe the right way. A zone for PVP a HUGE zone for nothing but PVP. Where you would get peoples best shot. Very little Ganking, just go out there for pvp and have at it. Tons of fun I loved it.

War .... to zerg or dont pvp is the question in that game. People do not want to zerg all the time.
    This. The "Lakes" were the worst "addition" to the game that Mythic implemented.

We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Discoprince View Post
    you dont know anything about the 40k mmo, no one does except Vigil, there is no info released on it wtf are you talking about?
    I'm 99% sure the trailer they released / dev interview has one stating there's only two factions. I'll see if I can locate it for you.
    Last edited by StealthStalker; 02-10-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Does it even matter? The only reason it could matter to these forums is if you are playing both games. Otherwise

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    They closed a couple of servers or are about too soon. It is a shame but they should have waited to release the game, I love everything about Warhammer lore. Honestly to me Rift is what WAR should have been.
    This. This. This.

I was so hyped for WAR. As a kid, I was a tabletop fanatic for Warhammer Fantasy and 40K. I felt betrayed by the slipshod job EA did with WAR. If Mythic had released Warhammer when they wanted to, and not in alpha state, it would've been much better.

Thankfully, Rift feels a lot better and closer to what I wanted from WAR.

It's just too bad I can't, GET STUCK IN WIF DA BOYZ!

I'm 99% sure the trailer they released / dev interview has one stating there's only two factions. I'll see if I can locate it for you.
    a two minute trailer and light info on the factions does not grant you powers of foresight to see that it already suffers from the same problems the current fantasy game has in pre alpha production phase, what are you smoking bro?

I would hate for people to loose their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Discoprince View Post
    a two minute trailer and light info on the factions does not grant you powers of foresight to see that it already suffers from the same problems the current fantasy game has in pre alpha production phase, what are you smoking bro?
    As I said, trailer and / or interview. I can't locate the source that I read that in originally, but just check the official website:

http://www.darkmillenniumonline.com/

Click "Game Info" and check the last paragraph:

Side with the forces of Order, or the vile hosts of Destruction, in a war that will unlock ancient secrets, reveal dark purposes, and determine the fate of the Sargos Sector. For in this dark millennium, there is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter.

Plane Walker

As I said, trailer and / or interview. I can't locate the source that I read that in originally, but just check the official website:

http://www.darkmillenniumonline.com/

Click "Game Info" and check the last paragraph:
    First Warhammer Fantasy gets destroyed, now they're moving onto my beloved 40K?

Chaos Space Marines would never ally themselves with other factions unless the Dark Gods told them to.

Oh wait...

/facepalm

war patch 1.4 is what totally skrewed war up for me. milking a cancerous cow instead of trying to revitalize it. the pvp rewards past 80 should have had dimminishing returns instead of exponential results.

daoc was best pvp game ever.

i hope pvp ranks in rift are closer to daoc realm ranks than to war renown ranks (and their imba rewards past 80)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast