+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I found this thread funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfullysweet View Post
    Oh I agree, it is kinda like he just snapped his fingers in the z formation and said "Aw hellz naw gurl, you didn't go there." But showing frustration isn't a good thing from a company standpoint. (From a human standpoint, yeah I can agree completely!)
    Maybe. At my job, even though the branch I'm in is really small, we still have a team of people specifically for dealing with the customers so that the developers like me don't have to. So I'm definitely not anything close to an expert on how customer relations should go. I'm all about the dry humor though.
    What I want to see in a next-gen MMORPG:
    • A more active combat experience, moving away (but not entirely discarding) stat sheets and random number generators to determine combat results and instead gives more credence to dodging, blocking, and timing.
    • An immersive questing experience that doesn't require you to talk to and turn in quests to NPCs yet can still tell a story.

RIFT Guide Writer Sinfullysweet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    Maybe. At my job, even though the branch I'm in is really small, we still have a team of people specifically for dealing with the customers so that the developers like me don't have to. So I'm definitely not anything close to an expert on how customer relations should go. I'm all about the dry humor though.
    Same, I don't see how some developers don't randomly go into the public and just snap when someone talks about a technical issue. I could see a developer taking a wired mouse along with them to whip random people who pose insane questions.

Sinfullysweet of Grievance on Wolfsbane
    PLAY ~*~Twitter ~*~ Raptr ~*~ Sinfullysweet's Steam ~*~ Sin's Xbox Profile
    WorldofWardrobes.net is no longer available due to hosting issues *RIP*.

Soulwalker

also, oddly enough there is nothing in the forum rules or the additional guidelines that prohibits discussing other games.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wtfwuzthat View Post
    Now that's blatant advertising, which is against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfullysweet View Post
    Oh I agree, it is kinda like he just snapped his fingers in the z formation and said "Aw hellz naw gurl, you didn't go there." But showing frustration isn't a good thing from a company standpoint. (From a human standpoint, yeah I can agree completely!)
    Zarhym is notorious for acting out in manners that are not professional. In fact, in the retail, customer services, etc. businesses, the motto "the customer is always right" much less at least the ATTITUDE from representatives that "customers are always right" is long gone, or at least changing.

I witness where Zarhym essentially called someone a liar and idiot (straight out said the CUSTOMER was lying and called they way they were behaving as idiocy), someone jumped on Zarhym in defense of the OP and likely just upset that here is this "professional" responding the way he did, make a reply that I -believe- got him banned. It was a sensible reply, it basically informed Zarhym that perhaps calling customers liars and idiots wasn't the best method in ensuring a steady income.

In other words, I don't believe their "community manager" is anything but a developer (who yes, is bound to take criticism to heart a little bit) that has the collateral duty of forum community manager. I could be wrong and Zarhym is just a prick. Tough to say.

Too funny. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aladire View Post
    If you do a search on the forums for Rift, if fails. I think it is blocked too.
    lol

/10char

Eh, honestly. I believe you just sent an invite for every adolescent to show up here, inevitably beginning what will very likely result in a flame fest.

That's one nice thing about Trion sending out the beta keys for stress testing, etc.. aside from the ulterior benefit of marketing, there was very likely reason. Most of us probably don't have more than 25 UNIQUE friends that play MMO's, note, UNIQUE.

So 25 was sufficient for the majority of us, whom are mature, to send out key to those who hopefully share the same amount of maturity. It will hopefully create a very nice player base come head start.

I would leave sleeping dogs lie and everything will work out on it's own. Did WoW make changes I didn't agree with, or were just downright greed driven.. sure they were. But, a business is in the business of making money.. period, regardless of how nice they are or appear. It was in WoW's overall "better" interests to do whatever they have done thusfar. Upsetting to me? Sure, but.. nothing close to serious enough to foam about it, start flame wars, etc. My hope is that you'll see how moot that post was/is when you read this reply from me. Maybe you wont, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Vextagora View Post
    In fact, in the retail, customer services, etc. businesses, the motto "the customer is always right" much less at least the ATTITUDE from representatives that "customers are always right" is long gone, or at least changing.
    I was under the impression that "the customer is always right" was laughed out of customer service training long before WoW.

edit: What makes you "believe" this person was banned?
    Last edited by Primal Zed; 02-10-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    edit: What makes you "believe" this person was banned?
    Interesting focal point of my entire post. However, because every response in the thread from this player was deleted? As in it looked at though he/she never participated in it.

When I say banned I mean from the forums, banned from the game.. who knows.

And never did I say that the model of customer service changed with WoW. So, you are correct, it was long before WoW, albeit, it's sad to see that a company doesn't try to reverse all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextall View Post
    I think with all the various MMO players from other games debating on these forums which game is better, certain similarities, or things they like or dislike it has at times made for interesting banter. Not once have I seen anyone representing Trion discourage discussion of other games.

However, one mention of Rift on the wow boards and it warrants this blue post. :P And the topic gets locked, me thinks Blizzard is a little worried about Trion.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2059016212
    I needed a good laugh today. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Vextagora View Post
    Interesting focal point of my entire post. However, because every response in the thread from this player was deleted? As in it looked at though he/she never participated in it.

When I say banned I mean from the forums, banned from the game.. who knows.

And never did I say that the model of customer service changed with WoW. So, you are correct, it was long before WoW, albeit, it's sad to see that a company doesn't try to reverse all that.
    Was just about what brought you to that conclusion is all.

In regards to "the customer is always right" - to elaborate on what I probably didn't make clear, I was under the impression that it's gone because it's a bad model for customer service.
    What I want to see in a next-gen MMORPG:
    • A more active combat experience, moving away (but not entirely discarding) stat sheets and random number generators to determine combat results and instead gives more credence to dodging, blocking, and timing.
    • An immersive questing experience that doesn't require you to talk to and turn in quests to NPCs yet can still tell a story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2