Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Blizzard deleting discussions regarding Rift LOL

Default Blizzard deleting discussions regarding Rift LOL

Blizzard just went through the General Discussion Forum and deleted about 5 threads that had been talking about Rift. Most of the topics/posts were mature and not trolling, simply comparing wow to Rift. Nice way to sensor what you don't want to hear lol.

Who? What? So...

He just posted for amusement reasons. No harm ..No foul.

I would like to see 24 suspense handed out for every time warcraft or wow is mention in here.

We had no angsty WoW haters until they released that "We're not in Azeroth anymore". Sigh, thanks Trion mareketing.

That is quite funny, I saw it too.

Knee-jerk reaction if I ever saw one, I remember they let us talk about Lotro, Aion, Darkfall etc when they were all going to be released. Maybe they have changed thier policy since then *shrug*

Of no consequence to most of us I assume

Quote Originally Posted by vanella View Post
    Blizzard just went through the General Discussion Forum and deleted about 5 threads that had been talking about Rift. Most of the topics/posts were mature and not trolling, simply comparing wow to Rift. Nice way to sensor what you don't want to hear lol.
    They've been deleting those for about a week now. Seems like someone was asleep at the keyboard, especially with that thread from the goblin staying up for 7 hours and 26 pages.

Shadowlander

Shame it doesn't work the other way round.

It probably has something to due with the fact that "we aren't in Azeroth anymore."

Heh, they deleted the off-topic forum when they transferred the forums to the new system. Now there really isn't anywhere to talk about it and stay within the rules, as general chat is supposed to be in regards to WoW. Though I suppose comparing Rift to WoW is somewhat talking about WoW. Guess they don't want to give Rift the free advertising. I don't really blame them, but the act of censoring does cause its own problems as well.
    Last edited by DantheDragon; 02-10-2011 at 09:09 AM.

anyone remeber when blizzard would just ban people for saying "blue plz"

They have always disrespected there community like this , they dont really care , they dont need to.
    " Give me a honest guy who is angry alot and who does not like people and isn't afaid to show it, give me one of those, atleast you know what you are getting with a person like that , when it comes to bleeding hearts ,all you end up getting is stabbed in the back,that I can guarantee,there are genuinely nice people there are genuinely nasty people , and then there are the bleeding hearts which are worse"- Totalbiscuit cynicalbrit.com

They do this on GameFAQs forum, so its widespread. I remember saying in another post, that i was going to play both rift AND WoW, and it got deleted. They are just over-moderating...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelie View Post
    We had no angsty WoW haters until they released that "We're not in Azeroth anymore". Sigh, thanks Trion mareketing.
    You also had less angsty WoW haters before the WoW generation started flooding beta and trolling non-stop about how Rift is nothing but a WoW clone...
    ...hate / hater(s) is one of those things in life that gets reciprocated, like it or not.

Careeeeeeeeeeeeee
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Childish kiddo, beating grumpy old men in online games etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by vanella View Post
    mmo championis doing the same, seems rift has really got the fan bois scared

I lol'd a bit when I read "We're not in Azeroth anymore".

I don't blame them either, poor Blizz. I heard from a friend at Blizz that they have had a record number of sub cancels in there 6 year history, since the announcement of the Rift release date.

Im sure they will just give away some more fluffy pets and mounts to make the sheeple happy.

Cmon 24th

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast