Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Blizzard deleting discussions regarding Rift LOL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vanella View Post
    Overhype is something that happens in all MMO's. It's not great but it's unavoidable. People are desperate for something new and different to play.

I tend to play anything new that comes out, as I'm sure alot of people do, just trying to get away from the same old same old. I do try to hold off on judging until its been released for a few months. If the future holds anything like it does now, Rift will be great....hands down the best Dev interaction I have seen to date....Keep up the great work Trion.
    Blizzard is treating it like a joke rolling out yet another buff this/nerf that patch never
    dealing with the core issue like Trion has already done.

Let Blizzard take a loss for one quarter and see how fast they change their tune. If Trion keeps the game interesting for atleast 3 months, then that is when the flood gates are going to open.If end game turns out to be intense and content updates roll out expect raiding guilds who hate WoW, but are not impressed by FOTM new MMO's to start leaving in mass. They hate casuals more then you can imagine.
    Last edited by Puremallace; 02-10-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Shadowlander

who cares? i know i dont

Quote Originally Posted by Hogwarts View Post
    who cares? i know i dont
    Quit posting irrelevant comments that don't add to the discussion.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
    The proverbial 2 edged sword. If Rift lives up to the promise then it will grow and the kids will come. If it doesnt (and really who wants the game to fail?) they will not come but thats only because of the suckage factor. I want Rift to succeed beyond expectations so I have resigned myself to the influx of WoW kiddys. It's the main reason I went Guardian because you KNOW they're coming and 99% will not roll Guardian. Food for thought.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Taking one look at it you have Guardians looking like the "good guys" and Defiants looking like the "bad guys". In WoW, at least early on, alliance had more players because they were seen as the "good guys".

I actually kind of want to go Defiant because I think they'll be better off in PvP because of how things work(ed) in WoW with Alliance vs Horde, but I am at the mercy of what my friends decide on, which looks like Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGee View Post
    They've been deleting those for about a week now. Seems like someone was asleep at the keyboard, especially with that thread from the goblin staying up for 7 hours and 26 pages.
    ;) Yeah, I went out with a bang.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Puree View Post
    Quit posting irrelevant comments that don't add to the discussion.
    i guess you should just delete this entire thread then, considering its all irrelevant. there are 100 of these threads

Funny thing is while talking about other games like Rift is against the forum rules, they have never been so diligent at removing posts as they have for Rift. People often post about other games and nothing happens.

Mention Rift and get a 72 hour ban like I did, or longer like others. Which is a bit funny since my account had already been canceled.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Xenite View Post
    Funny thing is while talking about other games like Rift is against the forum rules, they have never been so diligent at removing posts as they have for Rift. People often post about other games and nothing happens.

Mention Rift and get a 72 hour ban like I did, or longer like others. Which is a bit funny since my account had already been canceled.
    Ever since their forum move they've been pretty diligent at getting rid of spam and troll threads. It's not Rift specific.

Quote Originally Posted by vanella View Post
    Blizzard just went through the General Discussion Forum and deleted about 5 threads that had been talking about Rift. Most of the topics/posts were mature and not trolling, simply comparing wow to Rift. Nice way to sensor what you don't want to hear lol.
    The only thing Blizzard is interested in talking about on their forums is Blizzard. Every game I have looked at to play has had posts on Blizzard forums and have been axed by admins of the forum. The only reason this forum has allowed some of the mention of World of Warcraft and Blizzard is because people are comparing RIFT against world of warcraft as they do with all the new games that come out on the said games forum.

I am sure if you started a we hate RIFT here you would see that post removed very rapidly.

Since we aren't interested in doing that and we are more interested in comparing the two games I think it is a wise move to let comparisons continue.

Ascendant

Hi everyone,

We've closed this thread because we do not feel it is a constructive discussion. Please remember that these forums are for discussion of Rift, and while we do allow some non-Rift discussion in our Off Topic forum area, we do not support threads that are created to bash and flame other companies or promote trolling on other forums.

Thank you.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4