Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Blizzard deleting discussions regarding Rift LOL

Quote Originally Posted by vanella View Post
    I lol'd a bit when I read "We're not in Azeroth anymore".

I don't blame them either, poor Blizz. I heard from a friend at Blizz that they have had a record number of sub cancels in there 6 year history, since the announcement of the Rift release date.

Im sure they will just give away some more fluffy pets and mounts to make the sheeple happy.

Cmon 24th
    They didn't call this expansion Cataclysm for nothing.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsact View Post
    MMO Champion hasnt been deleting Rift threads...they just close them when they arent in offtopic/video games sections...i know cuz i been lurking in those forums for a lil while...course most of the thread are why rift is better than wow or something to that effect...course the only defense of WoW has been the fanbois who all they can say is ull be back in a month...course they give no reason on why wow is better than rift and why we'll be back except...u always come back...which isnt a reason...or they say Rift is gonna fail like Aion and other games yet dont say y theyre gonna fail just that they arent wow so theyll fail...be nice to see some reasons for their stance instead of spewing what everyone else is saying
    To most people, and it is still entirely possible it happens here, Rift is just the next MMO that's going to come out and fail. Considering the history of MMO's post-WoW, it's entirely reasonable to have their stance.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelie View Post
    We had no angsty WoW haters until they released that "We're not in Azeroth anymore". Sigh, thanks Trion mareketing.
    There is no such thing as bad PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfangs View Post
    He just posted for amusement reasons. No harm ..No foul.

I would like to see 24 suspense handed out for every time warcraft or wow is mention in here.
    Including you :O

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    To most people, and it is still entirely possible it happens here, Rift is just the next MMO that's going to come out and fail. Considering the history of MMO's post-WoW, it's entirely reasonable to have their stance.
    I hope Trion is ready because they are being place on a pedastol by a lot of people. It is going
    from just marketing before release to OVERHYPE which is not a good thing.

Devs and CM's better be careful with their comment up until release or they will get used
    against them to denounce the game.

This current moderation is pretty weak and come release it is going to get pretty bad if
    one itty bitty detail is out of place. Hopefully Trion keeps up the record of being pro.

Once beta is over I bet mods will start being more strict on the forum rules/guidelines here, at least I can hope.

OT: WoW mods delete/lock every topic that isn't about their game or product, it has been happening for a long time now. They also will delete duplicate threads pronto. To me personally, getting rid of the offtopic forum was one of the worst ideas they could have had, at least for the community they claim is "fine." When in actuality it has gone down the drain since wrath and they just tell everyone to look at the few times in the game you meet nice people...

Shadowlander

trion should respond by deleting posts about wow

I hope you're aware that people like you are what this community largely does not want playing their game.
    Presume much to speak for me? As I am a part of "this community" and I don't remember electing you to speak for me. THIS....IS......SPARTA.....oops.....AMERICA!!!! Freedom of speech and all that.

Soulwalker

Might have something to do with the fact that the General Discussion boards is supposed to be centered around the WoW Universe, and not how WoW compares to w/e MMO is new and exciting at the time. Also they did delete posts about Aion, Lotro, Warhammer, Conan, Guild Wars, Star Wars, and EQ when they were mentioned, so this is really nothing new lol.

lol. I guess they feel threatened. Thats funny.

I think we should just take the warning labels off of everything and let evolution do it's work. Weed out the stupid people.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Hogwarts View Post
    trion should respond by deleting posts about wow
    Probably not the best bet at the moment. WoW threads help make this forum look VERY active, as if a ton of people are going to play the game. That gives it promise and hope that it will succeed, which I'm sure plenty of people here want, namely the people that have been going from MMO to MMO because they all fail: AoC to Warhammer to Aion to FFXIV and now to Rift, etc.

As long as the WoW threads aren't being spammed, there should not be a big issue with them.

Quote Originally Posted by vanella View Post
    Blizzard just went through the General Discussion Forum and deleted about 5 threads that had been talking about Rift. Most of the topics/posts were mature and not trolling, simply comparing wow to Rift. Nice way to sensor what you don't want to hear lol.
    That's because it's outright RUDE.

It's like going to a vegan restaurant and bringing our own steak, and telling why it's soo good to everyone around you..

You just don't do it.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
    Presume much to speak for me? As I am a part of "this community" and I don't remember electing you to speak for me. THIS....IS......SPARTA.....oops.....AMERICA!!!! Freedom of speech and all that.
    My point still stands. It is quite clear that a large number of this community doesn't want the "kiddies" and "jerks" that are all over WoW (and, despite their beliefs, are in all MMO's) and someone logging onto one game to trash talk it makes them one of those "kiddies".

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I hope Trion is ready because they are being place on a pedastol by a lot of people. It is going
    from just marketing before release to OVERHYPE which is not a good thing.

Devs and CM's better be careful with their comment up until release or they will get used
    against them to denounce the game.

This current moderation is pretty weak and come release it is going to get pretty bad if
    one itty bitty detail is out of place. Hopefully Trion keeps up the record of being pro.
    Overhype is something that happens in all MMO's. It's not great but it's unavoidable. People are desperate for something new and different to play.

I tend to play anything new that comes out, as I'm sure alot of people do, just trying to get away from the same old same old. I do try to hold off on judging until its been released for a few months. If the future holds anything like it does now, Rift will be great....hands down the best Dev interaction I have seen to date....Keep up the great work Trion.

My point still stands. It is quite clear that a large number of this community doesn't want the "kiddies" and "jerks" that are all over WoW (and, despite their beliefs, are in all MMO's) and someone logging onto one game to trash talk it makes them one of those "kiddies".
    The proverbial 2 edged sword. If Rift lives up to the promise then it will grow and the kids will come. If it doesnt (and really who wants the game to fail?) they will not come but thats only because of the suckage factor. I want Rift to succeed beyond expectations so I have resigned myself to the influx of WoW kiddys. It's the main reason I went Guardian because you KNOW they're coming and 99% will not roll Guardian. Food for thought.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast