+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Razer Naga VS Logitech G700

Default Razer Naga VS Logitech G700

Hello Rifters !

I'm looking to buy a new mouse but having hard time to decide which one of those should i get
    The Rzar Naga or the Logitech G700 ?

The Naga seems a bit small i think, but the buttons does look handy and they are all in one place.
    The G700 looks better but the buttons are spread across the mouse which doesn't look too comfortable.

The mouse will be used NOT only for MMO games.

So, i'm looking for some advice from you guys and hopefully from someone who got to use both them.

Thanks !

EDIT: Forgot to mention that i can get both for almost the same price.
    Last edited by Beens; 02-10-2011 at 01:47 AM.
    Steam: coldaxe

Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.85ghz (1.2v) | Asus P6X58D Premiun | 6gb G.Skill RipJaw @ 1600Mhz
    Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5850 2gb Vapor-X Edition | Razer Naga | Logitech G15

Plane Touched

Logitech.

Razor is just sketchy in general. I don't care for their products including aesthetics and functionality.

Logitech on the other hand make superior products at competitive prices. They rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    Logitech.

Razor is just sketchy in general. I don't care for their products including aesthetics and functionality.

Logitech on the other hand make superior products at competitive prices. They rule.
    Really?

Im quite the opposite.
    Im over Logitech, its ugly and gives me issues.

Razor has been good to me, sexy Matte black and Blue LED's

I put the Sexy in Dyslexia.

If you play a lot of MMOs go for the Naga. Otherwise I'd buy this one for general gaming:

http://www.mionix.net/page.php?al=naos5000

I also personally like the SteelSeries mice, but I've heard other people complain about their build quality.
    G.T.L.

Gaming. Table tennis. Library.

IT'S T-SHIRT TIME!!!

Character:

[GUARDIAN] Level 4X High Elf Rogue

I've got the Naga and one of their keyboards and I love both of them. The Naga is a bit uncomfortable at first, but you get used to it. My only real complaint is with the keyboard, and that's only because it likes to turn my itunes on when I'm not at my computer...
    Children of Cybertron ♥~
    -------
    Sex Life
    Tearfall: Cyrodiil Class/Class/Class Level.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrath View Post
    If you play a lot of MMOs go for the Naga. Otherwise I'd buy this one for general gaming:

http://www.mionix.net/page.php?al=naos5000

I also personally like the SteelSeries mice, but I've heard other people complain about their build quality.

There are no stores in Israel that sell this brand >.<

At the moment i'm leaning towards the Logitech G700 because a lot off ppls saying the Naga is an MMO mouse only and since MMO is not all i do i'm leaning towards the G700.

By the way, their prices here:
    Naga - 114.6$
    G700 - 122$

Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.85ghz (1.2v) | Asus P6X58D Premiun | 6gb G.Skill RipJaw @ 1600Mhz

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Beens View Post
    There are no stores in Israel that sell this brand >.<

At the moment i'm leaning towards the Logitech G700 because a lot off ppls saying the Naga is an MMO mouse only and since MMO is not all i do i'm leaning towards the G700.

By the way, their prices here:
    Naga - 114.6$
    G700 - 122$
    I recently obtained the G700. If you are used to a Logitech mouse then you will most likely find this mouse comfortable. I know it doesn’t have the same number of programmable buttons as the Naga but I think if you combine it with a G keyboard it wont be that big of a deal.

I am still getting used to it but I like it. I am not saying I dislike any other brand, this is just what I am used to. One complaint is that the chord is heavy. It has never really bothered me. You can plug it in on the fly, w/o even picking it up from your desk. It can be set up to different profiles that you can switch with different mouse buttons on the fly.

It also works well for other applications besides mmo play.

I hope this helps.

Unhappy

I had the logitech wow mouse for 3 months. Worked fine then it started stair stepping and was completely borked. I went out and bought the naga. WOW this thing was 100x better. It moved quicker but stopped where I wanted it too. It has a TON of control. It fits my hand better than the logitech did (I have very long fingers).

Plus the 17 buttons made my arena score go from 2000 to 2500 XD no joke.

I bought the Naga Epic for Rift. It is a fun, sexy mouse and really handy for the game. The software that it comes with is easy for macros. The drawback is using it for everyday use... There is no forward or back button on the side. With the software, you can map any of the 17 buttons as back/forward, but it is not really as comfortable as say, my Logitech G500. From the looks of it, the G700 has the same problem. With no explicitly designed forward/back buttons, you might not like it as much for everyday use. Also, the G 8,9,10 keys on the top left will be a pain to press. There is really no comfortable way to hit those buttons. The old Naga has buttons there and I didn't like them. The Naga is also considerably smaller than any Logitech mouse. Logitech makes a good product. I have had many Logitech peripherals and they have all held up really well.

I keep both mice on my desk - one for browsing and one for gaming.

The g700 has better reviews overall, but i would go for the naga.
    Last edited by oljemannen; 02-10-2011 at 08:39 AM.
    I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?

From what I've read on the Naga (and the reason I haven't bought one) is that the side buttons are limited to the buttons traditionally bound to the hotbar ( 1 - 0, - and =). I don't know if they have fixed this or not. Personally when I play I use a gameboard (Had the Saitek Cyborg Command Unit - wore out the analog stick, just got the logitech G13 - and really like it), and I still use Microsoft Sidewinder mouse. I'm thinking about a mouse upgrade - but I only use 4 of the 5 buttons regularly (One of the side buttons is bound to jump, pressing in the trackball is my vent hot key). I find the game board (and it's 25 programmable buttons) to be more than enough for what I need. I have all of my hot bar abilities, I have additional abilities (usually mount, sprint, stealth, etc) on the right hotbar, and then commonly used commands, all in reach of my left hand with no issues.
    "You did me no wrong calling me a raven, or thinking me one, you allowed me existence which is the sum of what one can demand of his fellow beings." -- Mr. Raven "Lilith" by George MacDonald

Thulmann - Rogue - Ascension

Telaran

You know, I got my G700 two days ago. I love it. Still getting used to the palm grip though. Chcek out my thread, though, I cannot get macros to work in game. If you get it to work, let me know!

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...709#post923709
    Processor: i5 750 2.66Ghz Quad Core
    RAM: 4GB G.Skill DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 2 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Logitech G110
    Logitech G35
    Logitech G700/G5
    Logitech G27

Thanks for the adviced everyone!
    After reading and watching tons of reviews i decided to buy the Razor Naga, the main reason is the number of buttons available (12).
    I got it here with me but i'm at my girlfriend house now, so will plug it in my pc later.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Beens View Post
    Hello Rifters !

I'm looking to buy a new mouse but having hard time to decide which one of those should i get
    The Rzar Naga or the Logitech G700 ?

The Naga seems a bit small i think, but the buttons does look handy and they are all in one place.
    The G700 looks better but the buttons are spread across the mouse which doesn't look too comfortable.

The mouse will be used NOT only for MMO games.

So, i'm looking for some advice from you guys and hopefully from someone who got to use both them.

Thanks !

EDIT: Forgot to mention that i can get both for almost the same price.
    I replaced my MX-610 with a Razer Naga and I've been quite happy with it so far. I don't always make use of the 12 side buttons, but that's just muscle memory/habit not being practiced. The mouse feels very comfortable once you get used to it (doesn't take too long). The only buttons I think that may be awkward are the 2 next to the left mouse button. However the mouse responds well, and is very customizable through the software.

+ Reply to Thread