+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Logitech MX518

Default Logitech MX518

Anyone else have this beautiful mouse?
    http://myego.cz/img/razer-logitech/mx518.jpg
    Last edited by ContagiousVD; 11-21-2010 at 12:54 PM.

it looks like the *** of woman who ate all her life from McDonalds
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Yeah I had two before I switched to the G9. I really love my G9 but the 518s are great mice.

The MX518 is a good low-cost mouse, but I'd really recommend peeps look at the G500. The 518 is much lower resolution, so you'll be picking it up and moving it much more frequently.

Keep an eye out for Black Friday sales on it.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by rabb1t View Post
    The MX518 is a good low-cost mouse, but I'd really recommend peeps look at the G500. The 518 is much lower resolution, so you'll be picking it up and moving it much more frequently.

Ya I've heard others talking about the G500 before and it seems to have quite a good reputation. I've had this mouse for ~3 years now so once this goes I was thinking about another Logitech.
    Last edited by ContagiousVD; 11-21-2010 at 01:05 PM.

*looks all embarrassed* both my keyboard and mouse were off the shelf under 15 bucks.

Don't dis on the cheap keyboard. Personally I really don't go for the super fancy keyboards. Sure, if I had the money I'd up to a G15, but my current one is like ... a Saitek, it was kinda expensive at like $35-40, but in terms of how it feels it's very similar to the 'cheap' $15 ones. In terms of expensive keyboards, unless they add on a screen like the Logitech ones do I don't see the point of paying more.

Though... the upcoming Tron Legacy keyboard by Razer looks pretty tempting. I'd have to see it in person though. As someone who is forced to use a netbook as my primary system I really don't know how I'd feel about hardcore gaming with flat keys. If they were curved, however, then I'd be more into it. With the flat design it's just really hard to tell if your fingers are moving the correct number of spaces to hit the number keys you want quickly.
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast

hmmm looks nice, but don't think I would like flat keys either. I wouldn't mind the macro functionality of the g15 but I get by on my Nostromo fairly well. As low as my keyboard vs monitor height is I don't think I'd even use the LCD screen and I run dual widescreen monitors anyway so its not like I *need* screen space. Building a new PC for Rift though and may have to put a nice gaming mouse in the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by rabb1t View Post

Has anyone been able to use the G9 and the G500 to give me a comparison? My scroll wheel on the G9 gets stuck scrolling down about every 4 or 5 days for like 20 seconds. It's not a big deal but I'm looking to get a new mouse because of it. I've been considering the Razer Naga or a new G9x but after looking at the G500 I kind of like it and it's pretty cheap. Any suggestions?

I may soon. I got the launch G9. It's ok, but I actually prefer the more standard design of the G500. The only difference between the G9 and G9x is the laser. In terms of design, weight, etc, it'd be the exact same. Never had a problem with the wheel on my G9 sticking. It's one of the best features that they changed from the previous gamer mouse they had the M1000. (The M1000 and G9 were one of the first high-end gamer mice they did. G5 came later.)

It just started sticking a few weeks ago so it's probably just dirty or something. I love storing profiles on the mouse itself though. Does the G500 do that? I didn't look to see if it did.

Off the top of my head 5 profile settings. I'm sure Logitech's site or NewEgg could tell you. You are already on teh Internets, use it.

Haha. Yeah I was talking to the GF when I was posting and getting the stink eye for not paying attention to her.

Board for a game that's not released ...vs... Sweetie.

I wish I had a choise. Is no contest. Joo is failing at wub.
    Last edited by rabb1t; 11-21-2010 at 09:47 PM.

The MX510 came out in 2004, the MX 518 came out in early 2005(MX518 has 2 version easy way to tell is if you can see the PCB board if so its the DPI 1600 ver, if not its the newer 1800DPI), the G5 has more revision then the mx518 tho the first version of the mouse was 200dpi and it removed the 2nd thumb button. At work we still have the MX518,G5 (1button and 2button ver), G9,G9x, and G500. and i personally still use my old stand by (mx518) for lan gaming cross country (IE PAX and Quakecon), it still a great mouse however the tech is dated (5 years now). i would personally go for the G500 which is 40 at newegg after mail in rebate
    But But it worked in Dev!

+ Reply to Thread