+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Once upon a time!

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Purrgatory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    171

    Default Once upon a time!

    Well it was a very very long time ago.. I read a series similar to the Rift Story line.. The world was in division and fighting over magic or machines. It had some of the old Lord of the Rings type races and many new ones.. I read this so long ago I can't remember the Title of the story.. I think David was the first name of the author of this series but not for sure..
    So if anyone does please post it here

    And How many think they could RP in a defiant guild that based itself more off the story of rift , then using all the thee's and thou's of LotR's type dialogue?, and find it fun?

    Who said Rift has no flying!?

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    292

    Default

    To answer the first part - I'm sorry, it does sound vaguely familiar but I don't know what it is. No offense to Trion but the whole magic versus machines division is a pretty common fantasy story so it could be a number of books.

    As to the RP question. I can't role play in games period. I've tried. I have nothing against the people that love it or anything. I just can't do it myself. It makes my skin crawl. It's like cheese overload to me.
    Last edited by Homebrew; 02-09-2011 at 08:36 PM.

  3. #3
    Telaran Cyrodiil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    As to the RP question. I can't role play in games period. I've tried. I have nothing against the people that love it or anything. I just can't do it myself. It makes my skin crawl. It's like cheese overload to me.
    Thissssss. I actually couldn't join a legion with some friends, because they rp'd and it was so....awkward.
    Children of Cybertron ♥~
    -------
    Sex Life
    Tearfall: Cyrodiil Class/Class/Class Level.

    1

  4. #4
    Plane Touched Purrgatory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Thanks

    Well this series is close to 50 years old if not actually older it was one of the first breaks from Tolkin style.. probably out of print but I'm hoping not as I'd like to reread it.. somewhere on earth I have it in storage.. but where, easier to buy then go find it if possible..
    Last edited by Purrgatory; 02-09-2011 at 08:46 PM.

    Who said Rift has no flying!?

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrodiil View Post
    Thissssss. I actually couldn't join a legion with some friends, because they rp'd and it was so....awkward.
    I know - even when people do it in public channels it makes me uneasy. I'm not totally sure why but I've tried to analyze it. I think one of the main reasons is that people go full nerd. Every description becomes verbose and awkward.

    How I order a pizza: "Hi, I'd like a large pepperoni pizza. And some bread sticks. What do you guys have to drink? Oh ok, then yeah I'll just take a few cokes. Hold on a second - yeah sorry about that, I also need an order of chicken wings. That should do it. Bye."

    How an RPer orders a pizza: "Hello pizza delivery service! I have contacted you this evening to request your aid in acquiring a large pizza! Perhaps you could notify me as to whether adding pepperoni is a possibility? It is? Good, good. I am pleased! Now, in addition I would like some sticks of bread. Ah, that sounds delicious. Tonight shall be a night of full bellies and much laughter! Ha, in my excitement I nearly forgot to place an order for those succulent chicken wings. And for beverages? What is available should we need to vanquish our thirst? Cokes all around! That'll do it. Farewell!"

    What the hell.

  6. #6
    Telaran Cyrodiil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    How an RPer orders a pizza: "Hello pizza delivery service! I have contacted you this evening to request your aid in acquiring a large pizza! Perhaps you could notify me as to whether adding pepperoni is a possibility? It is? Good, good. I am pleased! Now, in addition I would like some sticks of bread. Ah, that sounds delicious. Tonight shall be a night of full bellies and much laughter! Ha, in my excitement I nearly forgot to place an order for those succulent chicken wings. And for beverages? What is available should we need to vanquish our thirst? Cokes all around! That'll do it. Farewell!"

    What the hell.
    Doing this next time I order a pizza.
    Children of Cybertron ♥~
    -------
    Sex Life
    Tearfall: Cyrodiil Class/Class/Class Level.

    1

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Purrgatory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    What the hell.

    Good you pass your hired for a class lead LOL

    Who said Rift has no flying!?

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser Sephiria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrodiil View Post
    Doing this next time I order a pizza.
    I'm doing this the next time you order pizza.
    Spitescar PvP <Catalyst>

    Guardian
    Sephiria
    Sephyra

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts