+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Aion that it seems to have lost it's appeal?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by too_legit_to_rift View Post
    Asmo sorcs ruined aion 4 everyone
    ^^^ This...

But really...flight was buggy for many classes.

PvP was about hunting people questing, usually at half health with a mob on them and completely unable to do anything to defend against you...endlessly. If you didn't hunt people like this, you could never expect to get the PvP gear necessary to not be insta killed by those who did.

Grind for level wasn't hell, but grind for PvP gear was.

The massive battles in the abyss and the newer max level zone could have been very fun (and more balanced since there are usually 25 to 100 vs 25 to 100 people), but the lag was tremendous even on extremely good machines.

Aion's skills weren't the most fun to use either, at least after you'd been using the same rotations since you obtained them, besides in very specific conditions.

Poor Aion.

Hail Rift!

Rift Disciple

its a bad game and im lvl 55 with experience in end game pve/pvp content

dont ever play it

Quote Originally Posted by Naria View Post
    How is that inaftercasuals when you basically said the same thing as everyone else? Get over yourself =]
    Was wondering the same ,

In a nutshell as some have stated , it's an Eastern designed mmorpg that tried to shoehorn some Western elements and failed really. I realize I'm in the minority of western gamers but I prefer the Korean/Lineage style myself.

Oh and nice sig there , I've got the series on Blu-ray but haven't finished it yet , got recommended to me by someone who knew that Berserk was my favorite and said I should like that one also.

Soulwalker

Put it this way before the late patch things where so bad that the game makers had to step in to sell the rare items and crafting stuff needed to get anywhere in the game from a vendor.

People couldn't farm or gather enough times to make enough attempts on the craft gear , **** the tests alone to become a so called master of anything was usually over the 10 million gold/kinah mark (per attempt, usually 3-4 needed)

It was a fun game and had so much potential but really in the end had no End game what so ever unless you call running the same instance over and over for a 1:10000000 chance to get a gear drop that u can use and isnt rolled on by a troll.
    Last edited by Systemic; 02-09-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Here is a screenshot of aion, take note of all the elyos surrounding the asmodian fort.

Did I forget to mention it's a one sided game with the koreans players controlling everything?

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5534/rushz.jpg
    How did this get here?

i really enjoyed aion until balaurea came out.
    upping the drop rate (of all items not only boss drops) messed up the economy so bad. items went from 10-25mil to 160-190m ( some god stones)

the grind wasnt all that bad, the game didnt give you lvls,xp, gold. you had to work for, i was fine with that.
    my first toon to 50 was a templar which has low *** DPS compared to other classes.

pvp was a joke, at first it was ok but then i started to notice a lot of things that shouldnt be happening, like glads knocking sins out of stealth 2 mins after they used shadow walk. or people moving a lot faster then you at max speeds. people jump lagging to go from 5 feet in front of you to 45 feet in front of you by pressing jump and printscreen. little stupid bugs.

then the hacks came into play, radar hacks to see where people are at all times ect.

PVE in aion was boring. everything was tank and spank.
    there are only a few bosses i have fought that were hard, at that the only way people kill the hardest instance boss is by bugging him, for the last 4-5 months. and it has not been fixed.
    crafting system sucked so bad, RNG, Enchanting and manastones sucked RNG...... RNG everything in that game

in conclusion aion was a good game at one point but with developers around the world, and NC west having no say in the game it was doomed to fail here. i loved the game until about 4-6 months ago, and everything started getting to me.

(lvl 53 temp 55 sin 50 sm, i played that game enough)
    Last edited by greyhawk; 02-09-2011 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhawk View Post
    there are only a few bosses i have fought that were hard, at that the only way people kill the hardest instance boss is by bugging him)
    are you referring to lannok? cause I honestly don't recall any other boss that could be bugged, i never played an elyos so idk
    Last edited by Havenless; 02-09-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabartra View Post
    Here is a screenshot of aion, take note of all the elyos surrounding the asmodian fort.

Did I forget to mention it's a one sided game with the koreans players controlling everything?

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5534/rushz.jpg
    This was pretty much my server during Aion.
    Children of Cybertron ♥~
    -------
    Sex Life
    Tearfall: Cyrodiil Class/Class/Class Level.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrodiil View Post
    this was pretty much my server during aion.
    wat server???
    Spitescar PvP <Catalyst>

Guardian
    Sephiria
    Sephyra

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiria View Post
    wat server???
    Triniel/New Zikel(?)
    Children of Cybertron ♥~
    -------
    Sex Life

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrodiil View Post
    Triniel/New Zikel(?)
    oh okay, gay, etc
    Spitescar PvP <Catalyst>

Guardian
    Sephiria
    Sephyra

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiria View Post
    oh okay, gay, etc
    It was Aion. etcetc.
    Children of Cybertron ♥~
    -------
    Sex Life

Add Siel to that gay server list too, lol.

Marchutan was gay and I completely controlled it for 2 months =\
    Spitescar PvP <Catalyst>

Guardian
    Sephiria
    Sephyra

Quote Originally Posted by Naria View Post
    How is that inaftercasuals when you basically said the same thing as everyone else? Get over yourself =]
    The first thing you mentioned was the grind. I would label that sort of complaint casual. Did you even reach the level cap?

Aion did a poor job of disguising its grind, but ultimately, you're still killing mobs. What's the difference from a purely gameplay perspective from doing an instance in Rift ten times and doing an instance in Aion ten times? Yet Aion is the grindy game.

My problem was that the game didn't reward you based on the effort you put into it. It just decided whether or not you won the lottery. Mira/Fenris, crafting procs, godstones, drops, quests. None of these rewarded you based on the time you invested into them. You were either extremely lucky, or ****ed.

To blame Aion's problems on its level grind implies nothing deeper than a casual understanding of the game. Thus, my comment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast