+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Aion that it seems to have lost it's appeal?

Rift Disciple

Too much of a grind in the beginning. Plus the PVP is really lame.

Their Warfront equilavent can only be done 3 times a day at certain times of the day. If you're on one of the unpopulated server with 20 people online such as Nez, you can wait 2 hours and not get a pop.

Only thing great about it is that you can customize your character to almost anything. My wife likes the game because you can wear dress and customize your character. It's a good game to get your GF/Wife hook. I can't stand it personally even though I grinded 2 characters to lvl 53.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHangman View Post
    Wait...Aion had appeal?
    lol.......................yeah really. When I heard that you could take off with a mount at anytime, i was like Neato...!!
    Last edited by Skopas; 02-09-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Aion was spectacular at the lower levels, it really was, but end-game was boring, uninvolved, and overly grindy. Some people like the grind, as a society it's a far-eastern sort of vibe in that sense. Say what you will about western impatience, I suppose, but statistically, it's kind of true. We have different cultural tastes.

I did a bunch of things and a bunch of stuff; now I'm just a casual player.

Shield of Telara

Aion is a beautiful game, a beautiful world, the classes are diverse and alot of fun.

The "Not Fun" stuff just added up for people though.
    20-30 seconds to kill one mob and having to rest /eat every 3-4 mobs is a bit brutal.
    Mass ganking from the other faction is rough, due to the anti ganking feature being "You can just select a seperate zone instance =D" wasn't availble past the starting areas -.-

Really sad it didn't work out, its such an awesome game if they had made the levelling/pvp not so brutal.

I saw more gold farmer spam in general chat on Aion in one day than I have in two years of playing WoW. And I'm not exaggerating. It's really that bad.

On top of that, it's just grind-grind-grind-grind-grind.

Koreans love to grind.

Hmmm... what else don't I like...

Oh, their gold is called Kina. And that's dumb and confusing, because everyone knows 'K' is used to denote a thousand. So what the heck were they thinking making their money start with a K?

"WTB Pocket Lint, paying 20k per stack"

"Holy ****, here, I have some!"

"Thanks, here you go"

"Heyyy, only only gave me 80. You said 20,000 per stack"

"I said 20 kina"

>:[

Oh, and my favorite part. The grind is so bad, that this is a typical Aion situation:

You get a quest to go kill 10 Bears.

The quest is all the way on the other side of the zone, and takes like 3 minutes to run to.

You get there, kill a Bear, and receive 300 XP.

You open your quest log and look at the quest reward.

It's only 200 XP.

So you just got a quest to run all the way out to BFE and kill a bunch of Bears, and then run all the way back to town to turn in and get 200 XP and some pocket change.

But each Bear you kill rewards more XP than the quest itself.

So you abandon the quest, and just stay there and grind Bears for the rest of the day.

It's just fail, just, don't buy it.
    Last edited by Mabelthorp; 02-09-2011 at 07:34 PM.
    The Top 5 Best Things About RIFT are Bull Rush!!!!

Too gear dependent, and the gear grind was an absolute joke.... grind grind grind, collect all parts for gear/item, role a dice, get a failure, rinse & repeat until you succeed, and then move on to the next piece of the set.

The abyss was a joke, and the only enjoyable PVP happened in rifts, but then the population plummeted & well.. lame.

Default Nc West

How about Nc west here In America has little to no say as to what goes on with the game. How about NO drops and doing instances 10000 times to net nothing, that about covers some of It. It's still not a bad game If you like to grinding for nothing basically. I still play currently, but I am excited about Rift.
    Last edited by Lordsteel; 02-09-2011 at 07:34 PM.
    Be Guided by the Hand of Justice or be Crushed by the Fist of the Tribunal....!

inaftercasuals.

Aion had several glaring flaws.

One, the most effective way to gain PvP points (called AP in Aion) was by doing instance runs. You were penalized so excessively for death at a high rank that it was hard to PvP in the game world and progress towards gear at the same time. It was also irresponsible to your faction to participate in world PvP at a high rank because the opposing players that killed you gained progression towards godstones (weapon procs that were probably the largest determining factor in if the player won or lost a fight. 2% > all) that they could then use against you.

On top of that, when you did seek PvP, you couldn't find opposing players for the reasons previously listed.

That meant Aion's only PvP was fort objectives that required faction-wide efforts to take. Well, problem with these was, there are only two player factions in Aion, and the content is in the open world so there's no population caps. That meant one side got hopelessly demoralized once they started losing, to the point that they didn't even try to compete for forts. Then the winning side became demoralized due to a lack of competition.

There was like a 2 or 3 week long period where the PvP issues were resolved, as players could access questing areas in the new expansion. But then the devs decided it was unfair to do that. On top of that, drop rates on gear, particularly weapons, were miserably low. 1-2% chance of a single weapon dropping, if that. Which was fine, but the drop rate was so low that it favored the extremely lucky over the extremely dedicated. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, EVERY SINGLE MYTHICAL CHANTER EVER THAT HAD A TRIROAN STAFF AND 200 PVP KILLS.

tl;dr: everything sucked except the character models.

Shadowlander

Gold selling - if you had the $$ buy what you needed :/

I think all the posters above me pretty much summed it up all ready.
    Grindfest
    Gold spammers and bots infect the world like the bubonic plague
    The pvp was unplayable wile doing anything in the abyss on a large scale
    in a nutshell P

Aion is beautiful game but it's not design to fit Western style play, you will have fun at low lvl until you hit a brick wall of exp to next lvl around lv40+, Korean players don't mind about ganking or getting gank but that too hardcore for most of NA players base. Aion instances drop rate are horrible until recent update patch, with increased drop rate Aion turn into gold farmer/sellers heaven with stupidly insane inflation on everything. Aion it's not worth to play anymore since faction pvp imbalance and full of kids that like to talking trash in LFG more than helping faction defend or get control of forts.
    Last edited by Xblades; 02-09-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    inaftercasuals.

Aion had several glaring flaws.

One, the most effective way to gain PvP points (called AP in Aion) was by doing instance runs. You were penalized so excessively for death at a high rank that it was hard to PvP in the game world and progress towards gear at the same time. It was also irresponsible to your faction to participate in world PvP at a high rank because the opposing players that killed you gained progression towards godstones (weapon procs that were probably the largest determining factor in if the player won or lost a fight. 2% > all) that they could then use against you.

On top of that, when you did seek PvP, you couldn't find opposing players for the reasons previously listed.

That meant Aion's only PvP was fort objectives that required faction-wide efforts to take. Well, problem with these was, there are only two player factions in Aion, and the content is in the open world so there's no population caps. That meant one side got hopelessly demoralized once they started losing, to the point that they didn't even try to compete for forts. Then the winning side became demoralized due to a lack of competition.

There was like a 2 or 3 week long period where the PvP issues were resolved, as players could access questing areas in the new expansion. But then the devs decided it was unfair to do that. On top of that, drop rates on gear, particularly weapons, were miserably low. 1-2% chance of a single weapon dropping, if that. Which was fine, but the drop rate was so low that it favored the extremely lucky over the extremely dedicated. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, EVERY SINGLE MYTHICAL CHANTER EVER THAT HAD A TRIROAN STAFF AND 200 PVP KILLS.

tl;dr: everything sucked except the character models.
    How is that inaftercasuals when you basically said the same thing as everyone else? Get over yourself =]

I did a bunch of things and a bunch of stuff; now I'm just a casual player.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Xblades View Post
    Aion is beautiful game but it's not design to fit Western style play, you will have fun at low lvl until you hit a brick wall of exp to next lvl around lv40+, Korean players don't mind about ganking or getting gank but that too hardcore for most of NA players base (I blamed WoW because American players like everything handed to them). Aion instances drop rate are horrible until recent update patch, with increased drop rate Aion turn into gold farmer/sellers heaven with stupidly insane inflation on everything. Aion it's not worth to play anymore since faction pvp imbalance and full of kids that like to talking trash in LFG more than helping faction defend or get control of forts.
    Agreed and I came from Legend of Mir (ouch!) used to the grindfest but the Bots and gold trade were utterly terrible, more so than anything before or since and unchecked

I notice a lot of poeple say the flight sucked. I strongly disagree. Flight was actually quite awesome in Aion.

Aion was a very solid game for the most part. But it was plagued with some very serious issues. One of them being server balance in PvP zones. I played on Zikel server as Asmodian. Server balance was so out of whack for so long that the Elyos side all had top tier PvP gear whereas the Asmodians top players were only on the second tier of PvP gear. This basically meant the rich kept getting richer and the poor stayed poor considering the only real way to make progress towards the higher tier PvP sets was to WIN at PvP. That was very difficult to do when your opponents significantly outgear you.

Also in the Abyss, the Balaur, who were supposed to be the equalizer when it came to server balance were basically bugged to a point where they would not balance anything. Once the Eylos captured the core in the Abyss, there was no way of getting it back from them. Same with the inner forts in upper abyss. Once Elyos got them, both Asmos and Balaur could NEVER get them back. This sucks because the vast majority of AP (Abyss points currency used to buy pvp gear) were gained through instances that were only available if you controlled the right forts.

Another one of my major issues with Aion was the crafting system. I was the first master alchemist on the Zikel server. But in order for me to get master i literally had to dedicate all my playtime to crafting for weeks on end. I basically had to craft a book that had SUPER rare ingredients (Premium Weapon Fluxes) And the goldfarmers had this ingredient on total lockdown. If i wanted to buy it, i had to go through them at a ridiculously inflated price. And you could spend 10 hours farming for them and only get 2. Meanwhile each craft you attempt required you have like 12 of them. THEN once attempting you needed to get a crit craft which was about a 10% chance.

Anyway - Long story short: Aion was a cool fun game that was ruined by broken pvp mechanics and a horrible lottery crafting system.

Champion of Telara

in version 1.0 there was level cap 45, everything that aion has until 45 is really well made and logcial etc, but its seems like old devs were moved to develop blade and soul and new content was made by some new clueless devs, game bacame more and more imbalanced and PvE ariented patch by patch. Also i think PvP gear is what killed this game aswell since pve gear became useles and couldnt match even worst PvP set.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast