+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Something I'm working on

Rift Disciple

Default Something I'm working on

I was trying to protray what Mental Illness is like so. I drew it on the computer tonight. I have been working on it for a couple of days. Ill probably do the rest next week, I don't know what do you guys think?

http://screenshots89.homestead.com/files/draft66.jpg

Looks like a modern SCREAM.

Looks like emo teen Kerrigan to me.
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0tN1rIIBxX...marek+okon.JPG
    It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
    -Me? I am Someone, Somebody. Anybody. Anyone.

Rift Disciple

what type of mental illness are you trying to portray? this one looks like shes a addict to me and trying to fight it looking pretty strung out.

Haha good call.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dorro View Post
    what type of mental illness are you trying to portray? this one looks like shes a addict to me and trying to fight it looking pretty strung out.
    Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, also known as OCD

Looks good, I like the wide-eyed glare that's just starting to get her lip to curl. Great Art!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildvixen View Post
    Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, also known as OCD
    OCD may be hard to do, to be honest, unless you have a reasonably clear image of what someone with OCD looks like when they are not able to fulfill their compulsions.

Addendum: The closest thing to look at would be anxiety. Those who cannot complete their compulsions tend to have more symptoms related to anxiety rather than having psychotic symptoms.
    Last edited by Kintega; 11-21-2010 at 06:21 PM.
    Halcyon Legion: now offering candy and rainbows! Also, I love writing poetry Ask!
    "When we built these dreams on sand... How they all slipped through our hands; And this might be our only chance! Let's take this one day at a time - I'll hold your hand if you hold mine... The time that we kill keeps us alive." Rise Against - Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Most of the time, mental illness looks completely normal. I have PTSD from Iraq...which they consider a mental illness...and its totally normal, till I get flipped on...Then its time to "go".

Quote Originally Posted by Blant View Post
    Most of the time, mental illness looks completely normal. I have PTSD from Iraq...which they consider a mental illness...and its totally normal, till I get flipped on...Then its time to "go".
    Depends on the illness/state of it, if it's cyclical, but most of the time yes, people with mental illnesses do look just like those that don't. I hope the stuff that triggers your switch doesn't occur that often.
    Last edited by Kintega; 11-21-2010 at 07:04 PM.
    Halcyon Legion: now offering candy and rainbows! Also, I love writing poetry Ask!
    "When we built these dreams on sand... How they all slipped through our hands; And this might be our only chance! Let's take this one day at a time - I'll hold your hand if you hold mine... The time that we kill keeps us alive." Rise Against - Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Speaking as someone with a degree in Psychology I'd say you aren't trying to "protray what Mental Illness is like", but show 'what a person with mental illness looks like to someone else.'

The title and your describing it sounds more like a video I saw (don't recall where), that showed how we saw the girl (studdering, shaking, unable to function), and a document she created that described what her life felt like to her. The document was brilliantly written and extremely profound.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by rabb1t; 11-21-2010 at 07:13 PM.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by rabb1t View Post
    Speaking as someone with a degree in Psychology I'd say you aren't trying to "protray what Mental Illness is like", but show 'what a person with mental illness looks like to someone else.'

The title and your describing it sounds more like a video I saw (don't recall where), that showed how we saw the girl (studdering, shaking, unable to function), and a document she created that described what her life felt like to her. The document was brilliantly written and extremely profound.

Just sayin'.
    Aye. How we see someone who has a mental illness is often very different than how they see it, in part enhanced by our love of stereotypes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintega View Post
    Aye. How we see someone who has a mental illness is often very different than how they see it, in part enhanced by our love of stereotypes.
    Oh how everyone loves stereotypes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadar View Post
    Oh how everyone loves stereotypes.
    Stereotypes help us generalize how stuff in the world works, so it's not all bad. It's just the negative generalizations/expectations we all make (mostly about other people) that give the word "stereotype" a negative stereotype

Quote Originally Posted by Kintega View Post
    Depends on the illness/state of it, if it's cyclical, but most of the time yes, people with mental illnesses do look just like those that don't. I hope the stuff that triggers your switch doesn't occur that often.
    You're very intellectual. I like you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast