+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whats the deal with swtor?

Default Whats the deal with swtor?

From everything I have seen, man my N64 has better graphics. Not dogging it I just don't seee what the hype is. So far every Starwars game to date has really fallen short in comparison to the epicness of the movies. Not that I was a huge fan of the movies either. Maybe they need to make a Battlestar Galactica mmo or is that the same thing I dunno any thing featuring a guy wearing a large Shiny plastic mask shooting lazers kinda reminds me of Star Trek anyway. May, the, FORCE, be, with, YOU.
    Last edited by Danzeg; 02-09-2011 at 05:52 PM.
    AMD 1090T BE OC 4.0
    Gigabyte GA-990fx ud7
    8 gig DDR3 2000mhz Corsair Vengence
    XFire ATI HD6870s 940oc core 1200oc ram clock
    2 OCZ 120 gig SSD Raid 0

Quote Originally Posted by Danzeg View Post
    From everything I have seen, man my N64 has better graphics. Not dogging it I just don't seee what the hype is. So far every Starwars game to date has really fallen short in comparison to the epicness of the movies. Not that I was a huge fan of the movies either. Maybe they need to make a Battlestar Galactica mmo or is that the same thing I dunno any thing featuring a guy wearing a large Shiny plastic mask shooting lazers kinda reminds me of Star Trek anyway. May, the, FORCE, be, with, YOU.
    There is a battlestar galactica MMO

Im beta testing it at the moment.

Its crap though lol
    'WHERE ARE YOUR GODS NOW, GUARDIAN?'

Rift Disciple

Whatever your smoking, just keep on and don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Craymar View Post
    Whatever your smoking, just keep on and don't worry about it.
    Nothing atm. Why you have some?
    AMD 1090T BE OC 4.0
    Gigabyte GA-990fx ud7
    8 gig DDR3 2000mhz Corsair Vengence
    XFire ATI HD6870s 940oc core 1200oc ram clock
    2 OCZ 120 gig SSD Raid 0

Quote Originally Posted by zkarn View Post

Its crap though lol
    Awww don't say that. I was enjoying my blissful ignorance of how bad it will inevitably be.

What on EARTH are you posting this here for?

SWToR is ------------------------>that way...

I am currently in the beta, have been invited several times, sadly i can't talk about the gameplay, but i will tell you that starwars fans are in for a nice treat imo

General Forums.

In before the move.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

Though i disagree and graphics dont make the game...I will say, SWTOR puts me to sleep, it looks SOOOO Boring. and Its storyline character driven meaning its going to prolly be a singleplayer experience with online features thrown in. And most likely instancing, LOTS AND LOTS of instancing. (IMO instancing and mundane task quests have killed MMOs from what they use to be)

EA have their claws in it.

All I need to know.

There have been some good star wars games though X wing / Tie Fighter, the 1st knights of the old republic. Dark Forces / Jedi Knight and the rest of its sequels were decent enough shooters, if not quite to the Id / Valve standard.

Modern Star Wars games are poor though, a bit like the modern star wars movies.
    Last edited by krilly; 02-09-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krilly View Post
    EA have their claws in it.

All I need to know.
    So you're pre-ordering, right?

Quote Originally Posted by zkarn View Post

Its crap though lol
    Ya and that BSG mmo in production, is a browser based MMO. If you ask me it looks damn good for a browser based mmo.

I have heard some testers in swtor, saying it looks like crap graphically. That said gfx aren't the end all in a video game, but they're nice to have. Especially in a Star Wars game. I was extremely excited for swtor when I first heard about it, but tbh I don't even think I care anymore. The more I hear about that game being in some sort of developmental quagmire, the team is an internal nightmare. I hope it comes out and is amazing, but I honestly don't have high hopes for it anymore.
    WoW is like Facebook, it was cool till you saw your grandma on it.

On other planets outside our solar system and the Milky way there is a well known fact. Nothing has a resolution above 800x600!

I was never really into Star Wars and the whole Sci-Fi MMO experience never interested me. So haven't checked into it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHangman View Post
    So you're pre-ordering, right?
    no EA killed warhammer

There is 1 more bioware game I will buy and that is ME3, after that nothing more from EA.

Watch as EA kill another great game studio (thank god ME3 and DA2 are well in development)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast