+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Whats the deal with swtor?

Quote Originally Posted by krilly View Post
    no EA killed warhammer

There is 1 more bioware game I will buy and that is ME3, after that nothing more from EA.

Watch as EA kill another great game studio (thank god ME3 and DA2 are well in development)
    How did ea kill warhammer? Mythic made a bad choice by chosing the warhammer franchise...they do not own it, games workshop does...SOO anything they wanted to put into the game it had to have the okay by gamesworkshop. Even so they still managed to change a lot from the original Lore of Warhammer fantasy. Its like mythic was trying really hard to make a somewhat decent DAoC 2 in the warhammer setting but were limited with what they could change and trying to make a WoW type feeling to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dewan View Post
    how did ea kill warhammer? Mythic made a bad choice by chosing the warhammer franchise...they do not own it, games workshop does...soo anything they wanted to put into the game it had to have the okay by gamesworkshop. Even so they still managed to change a lot from the original lore of warhammer fantasy. Its like mythic was trying really hard to make a somewhat decent daoc 2 in the warhammer setting but were limited with what they could change and trying to make a wow type feeling to the game.
    item store

I love star wars but I have to say

I HAVE A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS GAME

It's never being released.
    Volanna, Mage of The Defiant guild Born In Chaos, of Freeholme......and yes, I do like Tacos.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dewan View Post
    Though i disagree and graphics dont make the game...I will say, SWTOR puts me to sleep, it looks SOOOO Boring. and Its storyline character driven meaning its going to prolly be a singleplayer experience with online features thrown in. And most likely instancing, LOTS AND LOTS of instancing. (IMO instancing and mundane task quests have killed MMOs from what they use to be)
    Then why are you playing rift?

This so needs to be moved to off topic.
    "If patience is a virtue how come I am virtually out of it?"
    Proud member of 1Million post club!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkoleth View Post
    Ya and that BSG mmo in production, is a browser based MMO. If you ask me it looks damn good for a browser based mmo.

I have heard some testers in swtor, saying it looks like crap graphically. That said gfx aren't the end all in a video game, but they're nice to have. Especially in a Star Wars game. I was extremely excited for swtor when I first heard about it, but tbh I don't even think I care anymore. The more I hear about that game being in some sort of developmental quagmire, the team is an internal nightmare. I hope it comes out and is amazing, but I honestly don't have high hopes for it anymore.
    Reading the MMO Enquire?

The graphics are based after the "The Clone Wars" Tv Show... I rather like them, there different but yet still detailed... At least they have an excuse for not looking realistic as its an art style choice, Rift has no excuse for its poor character models.. All the human males in Rift look like they have AIDS
    Last edited by Monoth; 02-10-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzeg View Post
    From everything I have seen, man my N64 has better graphics. Not dogging it...
    Hahaha! Yes you are!
    ~Kelari Pride, Faeblight, Kepler~

Star Wars has a load of games out for it.

I demand a Spaceballs game.

Plane Walker

As soon as I read about ToR's cover system I knew it was gonna be crap.

How the hell are you going to balance classes when half of them need to be near a barrier?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkoleth View Post
    The more I hear about that game being in some sort of developmental quagmire, the team is an internal nightmare. I hope it comes out and is amazing, but I honestly don't have high hopes for it anymore.
    I'm incredibly skeptical about MMO releases because of obvious past failures. That being said, I at least check my sources with high tension items you mentioned in the quote. Disgruntled x-employees, gaming sites who focus on WoW, all of these should be taken with a grain of salt. Just in the future, consider the sources motives because hey, they all have 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Areanna View Post
    This so needs to be moved to off topic.
    Indeed. But I really don't want this in my Off Topic forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    I am currently in the beta, have been invited several times, sadly i can't talk about the gameplay, but i will tell you that starwars fans are in for a nice treat imo
    Know plenty of people in it, more than enough leaks. I can confidently say SW fans might be surprised but a lot of MMO fans are going to be put off. Obviously though... You can't please everybody.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    As soon as I read about ToR's cover system I knew it was gonna be crap.

How the hell are you going to balance classes when half of them need to be near a barrier?
    At least there trying something new and until you try it you can't really judge it.... At least its different then Rift's "lets stand in front of each other and slap each other silly" approach..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2