+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why is the community so aggressive all of a sudden?

Default Why is the community so aggressive all of a sudden?

I would just like to say two things before I start, A) I ruined by beautiful 1337 post count by putting this and B) Flame me if you like, but keep it on topic please, this is supposed to be DISCUSSED.

So, Abigale recently announced the beginning of the RIFT Beta, everyone gets excited and yes, there's bound to be some uproar within the community, although what I dislike seeing is people putting topics complaining about how they only get a chance to get into beta. How selfish are you? Alpha has been running for months now and has been supplying feedback from the very beginning, In my opinion, Trion don't even need to do a Beta, they can just push the release date back about a year and leave Alpha testers playing, they'll get their feedback one way or another. Trion are giving Beta keys away to pretty much everyone, 50,000 keys on Curse? There's only 22k fans on Facebook for goodness sake. Trion are giving EVERYONE a chance to get into Beta, and those who try to get themselves a VIP Beta key will be rewarded with the acceptance into every event. Now I don't want this to sound like I'm QQIng although how does this look on the community from a new players perspective? The community shouting at the staff, the community arguing amongst each other over them only being given a "chance" to get into Beta. I have a VIP key yes, so I don't know "what it's like" to only have a regular key, but I'd be happy with one because atleast it gives me a chance to be selected, it's better than nothing.

I don't understand why the community has suddenly gone mad since Abigale posted the release date, before she put the "3rd December" in the thread the community was getting on fine, everyone was trying to get Beta keys, and people were pretty much happy with having a normal key, now the dates released, everyone's going mental.

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

Giving the beta keys to Curse and the other fan sites is just a way to give people the illusioon of getting something special and advertise the game through those sites contacts/subscribers, as beta keys are usually alot more disclosed. I very good strategy in my opinion. About the whole going mental thing, didn't really notice. I tend to ignore the posts about BETA, because they're generally a big waste of time.

I posted a longer reply to another very similar thread but I for one am happy to have a "chance" to be involved with testing this game.
    Simply reading the beta FAQ would have told you the purpose of the regular keys. If you did not read the available information to start with, why would the development team chose you to do focused testing? They are actually shooting themselves in the foot by complaining.
    Last edited by Alto; 11-21-2010 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elux View Post
    Now I don't want this to sound like I'm QQIng although how does this look on the community from a new players perspective?
    [IMG][/IMG]
    First of all let me this clear: I do 100% agree with you on your post. However, what you have to keep in mind is that now the beta is announced the forum has a lot of new members. I am not saying the new members are posting the negative posts about having a chance instead of having a certain spot in beta.

With the new members comes certain opinions. Also the chance of getting invited into the beta is something relative new. In other MMO's a 'beta key' gave you a guaranteed spot in beta. So people express their vexation about it.

What people have to keep in mind is the following (I posted this also in another topic):

Trion has also been using the term beta keys. Later on it is always easy to complain and say that they should have done it otherwise. People should be happy that they have a chance to get into the beta even when they did not follow the game until 5 days back imo. I have been following this game for a long while now and read the forums, just did not bother to post.

I am not going to complain that I have a chance instead of a certain spot. If I am invited to 1 or 2 weekends and I can test, we should be happy.
    Last edited by Puffs; 11-21-2010 at 06:43 AM.
    “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alto View Post
    I posted a longer reply to another very similar thread but I for one am happy to have a "chance" to be involved with testing this game.
    Simply reading the beta FAQ would have told you the purpose of the regular keys. If you did not read the available information to start with, why would the development team chose you to do focused testing? They are actually shooting themselves in the foot by complaining.
    haha I just read that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffs View Post
    With the new members comes certain opinions. Also the chance of getting invited into the beta is something relative new. In other MMO's a 'beta key' gave you a guaranteed spot in beta. So people express their vexation about it.
    I understand what you're saying, although the Beta FAQ clearly states how Trion are using the Beta stage. If people don't like it, they don't have to take a key, they can just sit back and wait patiently for release, complaining about how Trion are doing it on the forums won't sway them.

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

They're just jealous, and feel like they deserve it more than others. That's how the human mind works-when we think we're being done injustice, we're going all *****-like. I'd probably be ranting here right now if I won't have one :P
    It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
    -Me? I am Someone, Somebody. Anybody. Anyone.

I would just like to say two things before I start, A) I ruined by beautiful 1337 post count by putting this and B) Flame me if you like, but keep it on topic please, this is supposed to be DISCUSSED.

So, Abigale recently announced the beginning of the RIFT Beta, everyone gets excited and yes, there's bound to be some uproar within the community, although what I dislike seeing is people putting topics complaining about how they only get a chance to get into beta. How selfish are you? Alpha has been running for months now and has been supplying feedback from the very beginning, In my opinion, Trion don't even need to do a Beta, they can just push the release date back about a year and leave Alpha testers playing, they'll get their feedback one way or another. Trion are giving Beta keys away to pretty much everyone, 50,000 keys on Curse? There's only 22k fans on Facebook for goodness sake. Trion are giving EVERYONE a chance to get into Beta, and those who try to get themselves a VIP Beta key will be rewarded with the acceptance into every event. Now I don't want this to sound like I'm QQIng although how does this look on the community from a new players perspective? The community shouting at the staff, the community arguing amongst each other over them only being given a "chance" to get into Beta. I have a VIP key yes, so I don't know "what it's like" to only have a regular key, but I'd be happy with one because atleast it gives me a chance to be selected, it's better than nothing.

I don't understand why the community has suddenly gone mad since Abigale posted the release date, before she put the "3rd December" in the thread the community was getting on fine, everyone was trying to get Beta keys, and people were pretty much happy with having a normal key, now the dates released, everyone's going mental.

Meh, what you have is a re-post of a re-posted thread. Im sure you know the answer

I don't understand why the community has suddenly gone mad since Abigale posted the release date, before she put the "3rd December" in the thread the community was getting on fine, everyone was trying to get Beta keys, and people were pretty much happy with having a normal key, now the dates released, everyone's going mental.]
    It was like throwing raw meat into the den of loins. All hells going to break loose. To me it seems that most of the hysteria is coming from 2 places and them all concern beta. A) When does beta stat/how to download beta/ got this beta key plox help me is the first. the community is just starting to get annoyed at the mass multi posting of the same subject and B) Trion deceived us with beta keys changed them to chance keys and they stole my sister virginity while I wasn’t looking up beta info. Most of the outrage that comes from those posts is from people DEFENDING Trion (me included).

Plane Touched

Maybe because people keep asking them why they're so aggressive. Honestly, it takes about 5-10 people to completely take over an internet forum. The loudest voice is the one screaming something different than the masses. A loud minority can often be mistaken for a majority.

Anyway, best way to fight trolls, rants, etc. is not to reply to the post and the thread will be quickly buried.

Quote Originally Posted by Medrall View Post
    Anyway, best way to fight trolls, rants, etc. is not to reply to the post and the thread will be quickly buried.
    Then Elux will never get a reply. Yeah eat that hippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Medrall View Post
    wrong! the best way to fight trolls is with.... http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...aga/images.jpg

Stay on topic please :/

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

Plane Touched

Stay on topic please :/
    No.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast