+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosis...

So sorry to hear this. I lost a friend to leukemia a few years ago; let me share this:

I hadn't spoken to my friend for a while after his bone marrow transplant. When he phoned me, I was shocked by what I heard - a voice so weak I could barely understand him. I had visited him in the hospital when he was undergoing chemo and even then, he was upbeat, trying to keep as positive an attitude as possible. But something had gone wrong and he was clearly worse than before. His weakened immune system had succumbed to an infection. I was at a loss for words, with so many thoughts going through my mind. How can he die now, after everything he and his family went through? When they found the donor it was as if a bonafide miracle had happened, and now this. He's so young! It's not fair! When nothing better came to mind, I chose the lamest question possible and asked how his day was. He replied, "Well you know, I'm just taking it one step at a time. But really the reason I called was, you're the only one who can fix my iPod..."

I always think about that time with a smile on my face. I guess the point of my story is that in a situation like yours, there will certainly be ups and downs. Don't be afraid to reach out to your loved ones for support. Take pleasure in the small, day-to-day activities like just being able to listen to your favorite song on your iPod. My thoughts, like many others on this forum, go with you.

So sorry to hear this! I wish you a smooth and speedy recovery. I am a fer believer in the power of positive thinking the human mind is a powerful thing! *hugs* Will keep you in my thoughts.

Talking You Are All Awesome and Kind....

Thank you all for all the info and kind words. I actually printed them all out to read at tough times.
    I hope this does not kick this message above others. Not my intention to do so. I just wanted to say thank you again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5