+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosis...

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Troll View Post
    Get that pancreatectomy or pancreaticoduodenectomy and get on those supplements. The longer you wait the less chance you have.

Edit: Not a doctor, just an old hospital corpsman.
    Can you expand on the supplements?

If I did not answer a question any of you asked it's because I am only beginning to understand what I have. So any tests, diets, operations, etc. are all new to me and I am bombarded with all these things the doctor's want from me.

As for those who say I should not spend my final days in MMO's or asking themselves why I am posting my situation on these boards. It is because being in an MMO is like leaving some of the real world behind. Fighting a mob, somehow makes the pain a little better. Maybe it's mind over matter.

As to why I posted here it's because I can tell everyone my situation with some anonymity but still get responses from all over the USA and some Europeans. It's helping me..posting and talking to everyone is helping.

I don't have a bucket list. I've made a will however but I hate thinking about dying although I know I will die sooner rather than later with this cancer.

If my posts are starting to not make sense let me know. I am on a lot of new mecdicines and I feel horrible the side effects are awful.
    i will keep reading responses but don't feel obligated to post positive things, please post any negative ones also, I know the reality of posting on a gaming forum and talking about a serious disease.

God Bless,
    r

Quote Originally Posted by AgentRed View Post
    Can you expand on the supplements?
    pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy and insulin injections for life.

I can't go into too much detail, as I said I'm not a doctor I'm just an old military medic. If anything I hope I gave you some new words to google / ask your doctors about.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Troll View Post
    pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy and insulin injections for life.

I can't go into too much detail, as I said I'm not a doctor I'm just an old military medic. If anything I hope I gave you some new words to google / ask your doctors about.

Understood. Thank you for the information. I wrote it down.

Understood. Thank you for the information. I wrote it down.
    No problem. If you get fed a bunch of medical lingo instead of english feel free to PM me and I can translate it to english for you.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

Ascendant

Don't dissuade folks from using every and all approaches to Cancer Care.

Naturopathy, Herbology , etc. are foundations of Holistic Health Care; As ForumTroll stated, get on those supplements.........

The Pancreas is a Center of Balance for your body's health, and those links on my post show Supplements/etc aimed at aiding the Holistic Approach; the Cancer Treatment Center of America give very good links and information, that you could use with discussions with your health providers; Laughter is Good ( and those other 2 links reflect something of a Cancer and Disabling Disease winner - Norman Cousins - and how he dealt with those problems; as well as a practical therapeutic approach to add to the Holistic care for your problem.

Again, Good luck, and my thoughts are with you.
    Last edited by Chaszar; 02-10-2011 at 11:57 AM.

There are Islet cell transplant programs used in people with a damaged or dying pancreas. Some programs even harvest the remainder on these cells from the patients own pancreas and reintroduce them to your liver where they take hold and produce insulin. I am not sure about pancreatic enzyme replacement, but the islets are working at least somewhat in curing diabetes and in cases where the pancreas is less than adequate. Not sure about risk of metastasizing the cancer cells along with the islets during harvest, but it may be worth a look or at least a read.

Every day new advances happen in medicine, I work as a paramedic and things change and improve so quickly. Keep hope and a strong will to make it. Very sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

Bump

to keep this thread up top

I guess this goes to show you that you are being thought of

Soulwalker

If my posts are starting to not make sense let me know. I am on a lot of new mecdicines and I feel horrible the side effects are awful.

I will repeat that a low fat, raw food diet is 100% free of side effects, other than the healing actions your body initiates. Those can be quite severe, but nothing it can't handle, and they are a neccesary part of the healing process.

If anything, a raw food diet will lessen the symptoms of chemotherapy. If you won't gp with the ultimate choice and ditch allopathy, then atleast take the "best of both worlds"! Then the raw food still has a chance of curing you, as the chemotherapy dosen't cure. The cancer ALWAYS returns when you go with conventional therapy.

Plane Touched

The worst part about getitng diagnosed with something like Cancer aside from the obvious is you're almost immediately taking medication that tears your body apart and the last thing you want after receiving traumatic news is a night hunched over a toilet.

That being said, I'd definitely roll with some of the more "natural" suggestions here. Keep your body strong with the right foods and you can handle the conventional meds a lot better too.

My sister was a rock star when it came to exercise and diet. She didn't eat dairy, gluten, or processed anything. We all questioned those things considering even with all of that she got breast cancer, but obviously genetics can override your habits. Regardless, my point is that she's still working and shopping, etc while going through chemo and radiation. I saw some of the women in the Infusion Room (I believe that's what it's called) getting similar treatments and they looked like they were facing a nuclear holocaust.

Stay strong brother, and listen to some of these people - they're really educated.

I lost a friend to cancer last year. She'd had cancer as a child and lost an arm to it, but beat it. Then she got a completely new (and apparently quite exotic) inoperable cancer in her late 20's. It may have been caused by the radiation therapy that saved her life the first time around. Whatever the cause, she had more than a decade of life that she would have missed out on and a lovely daughter.

My friend taught us all a few lessons about life and death. I'd lost family members to cancer, but there's something different about losing a member of your own peer group as opposed to an older adult.

Anyway:

Live your life.
    Hope.
    Plan your death, and for your death. There's a difference.
    Don't get lost in morbidity.
    Love.
    Laugh.
    Take your meds. (for goodness sake take your meds!)
    Treasure the moment.
    Keep fighting, until you're done fighting.
    Keep comfortable.
    Admit it when you need help, and be specific about what you need. We don't know.
    Find creative ways to have fun.

And...

It ain't over 'till the fat lady sings.

Very sorry to hear this.. I just found out my mom has breast cancer and a biopsy on her liver is next up. She too is in stage 2, It's a very scary thing for anyone and the people who love them. Stay strong and close to your support system..
    I hope, when they die, cartoon characters have to answer for their sins

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    The worst part about getitng diagnosed with something like Cancer aside from the obvious is you're almost immediately taking medication that tears your body apart and the last thing you want after receiving traumatic news is a night hunched over a toilet.

That being said, I'd definitely roll with some of the more "natural" suggestions here. Keep your body strong with the right foods and you can handle the conventional meds a lot better too.

My sister was a rock star when it came to exercise and diet. She didn't eat dairy, gluten, or processed anything. We all questioned those things considering even with all of that she got breast cancer, but obviously genetics can override your habits. Regardless, my point is that she's still working and shopping, etc while going through chemo and radiation. I saw some of the women in the Infusion Room (I believe that's what it's called) getting similar treatments and they looked like they were facing a nuclear holocaust.

Stay strong brother, and listen to some of these people - they're really educated.
    I agree with most of what you said, yet I just have one thing to ask.

Can you expand on her dietary habits? I fear she ate a diet high in fat (I also wonder how much raw food she ate), which clogs up the blood. Thick blood means a poor circulation, meaning your cells will be starved for oxygen. That can provoke them to turn cancerous in order to survive, as cancer cells do not need oxygen to burn sugar.

Another cause of cancer, toxic waste, is caused by an overloaded eliminatory system or a overloaded lymph system. The lymph system works properly only when you exercise regularly. In fact the lymph system is so sensitive, that even wearing a bra increases the breast cancer risk in women, as the lymph nodes in the breasts aren't getting stimulated properly. I would venture to say, that at least 10% of breast cancers are caused by bras in this way. Just drop the bra while you exercise, and the risk goes away, however. The elimination system is simple. Bad diet = Overloaded elimination. No surprises there.

Telaran

Smile

Keep your head up and your thoughts positive. Take it a day at a time. AgentRed you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

You will kick that cancer's ***!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

depending on where you live...i would say go get a medical card and smoke weed to cope with pain or hunger problems due to chemo. whatever works for you man, my friend said it helps him out alot. but best of luck to you.
    Last edited by Cryptonox; 02-10-2011 at 02:54 PM.

--------------CryptonoX--------------

I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Pancreatic Cancer earlier this week. My question before I edited this post was "How do you cope?"
    Other people have shared their stories about Cancer. Shared stories about loved ones, about dying and have helped me out.

Please respect each other's point of view.

I sincerely thank all of you that have posted and have read for you are truly helping me through this situation.
    First things first. You have a lot to have hope for regardless of which stage 2 phase you are in. The advances in medicine today makes this something that is operable. Even if the branches have hit lymphatic areas ...if you are in luck and that hasn't happened it just ups the chances of a recovery.

The most important things to do is "NEVER" lose your will to live and hope. Strong mental standing is a miracle hospitals have stories about. I know. I work in one. I have personally experienced it. The will to live can be what gets you off the fence on things and on the better recovery end of things. That is what is in your control. Your state of mind.

Now lets face it. You must hope for the best and prepare for the worst. No sugar coating here. So use the time you know you have to the fullest. You can either be miserable or you can enjoy it to the fullest. I don't know about you but making what time I have left the best I can is the conclusion I had ...it took me a few days of thinking before I came to that realization. This is how you cope...you have two clear choices...be miserable on the time you have..or use it wisely..as in enjoy it to the fullest.

Life altering changes due to medical are scary at first. I completely understand it. Your situation is different due to it leading to shortened life span may be a factor. Though your chances are good to. Very good.

My situation was paralysis ....I believe a fate worse than death. You get to live completely dependent on others for the rest of your years vs just passing on. That was something I mulled over a lot till I came to my conclusion of living life to its fullest I can. Lucky me I had a great neurosurgeon who got me out of a wheelchair.

Yes there are fates worse than death. Living with pain all your life, Being deformed and physically screwed and dependent on nursing care all your life....especially at a young age. Anyway that is besides the point. I think you can see where I am coming from by now.
    Last edited by Warfangs; 02-10-2011 at 04:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast