+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosis...

Thats some terrible news
    My great uncle was diagnosed with several types of cancer (not sure which types was fairly young at the time), he was given 3months- 5 years to live. That was well over a decade ago and hes still with us, hes not the type to talk about his illness, but considering hes in his 70s now, he doesn't look ill, at all. So i reckon he'll still be with us for a while yet.
    Also don't be timid in dealing with doctors, don't let them pressure you into anything, its your life, your choices.
    Take care of yourself and don't be afraid to fight it.

Always stay positive, strong and take care of yourself. You will kick cancer's *** and live a long happy life. All the best, mate!
    Sebas - Mage
    <Standing on the Shoulders of Giants>

Quote Originally Posted by AgentRed View Post
    Hi,

I was diagnosed with this type of Cancer earlier this week. I've talked to the experts and searched the web for all the information I could..

but I was curious as to if anyone else here has this or any type of cancer and without revealing too much about your situation can you tell me how you coped?

thank you,
    red
    What stage is it in? Have you had a CA 19-9 blood test yet? Depending upon's one perspective, this could be considered insensitive, albeit, if anyone knew me and how much I love her, they'd know I'm simply sharing a similar unfortunate story... my grandmother was just found to have Stage 4a pancreatic cancer. The part that really sucks about pancreatic cancer is, the pancreas for all intents and purposes regarding detection is "out of site, out of mind." In most cases once it is found, it's already in a later stage.. UNLESS it was found due to regular check-ups or complaining the first sign of "trouble", in which case you likely got the CT scan done then.

My grandmother is older, so coping for her -might- be easier as eventually passing was inevitable. I believe it's the pain, the physical pain that makes it most challenging. My grandmother comes from strong stock, had damn near a bleeding ulcer and didn't complain, didn't "bother a doctor with it", and only went when my mother insisted upon it and drove her there. She didn't so much as whimper, so I imagine, now, it hurts. Now, she has plenty of pain reducer options available to her, however, I believe due to her age combination with the cancer, her appetite is nil (less tolerable than perhaps a person <=50 years old) so some of the pain meds give her hallucinations so she doesnt take them - it was the Loratabs I believe.

Keep your spirits as high as you can.. I firmly believe that the power of the mind (regardless of ones religious views) is an extremely powerful force that scientists/us are not even at a stage in our lives to understand/comprehend. I believe any individual that is consumed with pity, fear and otherwise "believing" they are "going to die", they surely will.. and much faster than those that keep their spirits up. Easier said than done? Yeah, damn right it is and I will not sit here hypocritically (perhaps) by saying I could easily do this (i.e. keep my spirits up).

Enjoy life, reduce stress, if you smoke, stop.. if you "dip" stop that too.. if you live with a smoker, kick their *** out. I'm an ex-smoker and while I never smoked in the house (I knew it was bad for me, others around me and besides I ALWAYS thought it stank), I still wouldnt have expected anyone to tolerate it if I did. Did "dip" too as after 1991 (I believe it was) us sailors were no longer allowed to smoke on ships, so I could only "dip" and then eventually that stopped too.. but yeah.. you may not even do any of that, in which case, excellent, because quitting is a ***** but possible!

Live life, enjoy Rift and wish you much success with treatment..

Soulwalker

I urge you to try a 100% raw food, low fat diet. It is the only thing that can cure cancer for good, as it removes pretty much all causes of cancer. More details below the quote.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Also: Please, please, ignore the people pushing homeopathy and other crap like that. That is not medicine, and it will not improve your chances. Obviously, you have a real doctor, or you'd never have gotten a diagnosis, but... Don't let the snake oil people sucker you. They're scum, trying to take advantage of people who are in a bad situation.
    First off, on the "They're" scum" thing... How can someone be taking advantage of you, when they aren't trying to sell anything? How do I benefit from advocating a raw food diet? A diet that has cured hundreds of cases of diabetes, multiple sclerosis, asthma... Even cancer.

Let me also remind you that allopathy, alias "evidence-based medicine (Or ratherm, quackery), has NO IDEA what causes cancer or what cancer IS! Yet it has been known, since it was demonstrated that cancer cells have a distinct sugar metabolism, that cancer is a SYSTEM DISORDER. Yet conventional medicine refuses to acknowledge it.

How do you then cure cancer? By removing the disorder. Does chemotherapy, radiation or surgery remove the disorder? Not in the least.... So how does it improve you chances again?

The real scum is the conventional doctor. How much profit is there in selling fresh fruit? Then compare that with the profit of highly toxic drugs. Yet while the cheap, healthy fruit cures cancer, the expensive, toxic drugs actually cause cancer... Wait? Cause cancer? We already agreed that it is a system disorder. Adding more toxins to the body merely worsens that, so it should be obvious that chemotherapy causes cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thren View Post
    I urge you to try a 100% raw food, low fat diet. It is the only thing that can cure cancer for good, as it removes pretty much all causes of cancer. More details below the quote.
    I have to agree. Take for example:

http://www.crossfitoakland.com/old_s...ck-lalanne.jpg

Know many that are capable of doing this?....at -94- ?

Raw food diet.. Mr. Juicer. Now I know, someone will say "but he's dead".. yes, he died at -96-, extremely healthy lifestyle doesn't mean immortal.

Am I on a raw food diet? No, not completely, though predominately.

Quote Originally Posted by Vextagora View Post
    I have to agree. Take for example:

http://www.crossfitoakland.com/old_s...ck-lalanne.jpg

Know many that are capable of doing this?....at -94- ?

Raw food diet.. Mr. Juicer. Now I know, someone will say "but he's dead".. yes, he died at -96-, extremely healthy lifestyle doesn't mean immortal.

Am I on a raw food diet? No, not completely, though predominately.
    What kind of juicer do you got and do you have any good fruit/veg drink recipes?

Hi,

I was diagnosed with this type of Cancer earlier this week. I've talked to the experts and searched the web for all the information I could..

but I was curious as to if anyone else here has this or any type of cancer and without revealing too much about your situation can you tell me how you coped?

thank you,
    red

/positive vibes & thoughts your way man

Quote Originally Posted by Valarion View Post
    What kind of juicer do you got and do you have any good fruit/veg drink recipes?
    http://www.amazon.com/Omega-J8006-Nu.../dp/B001L7OIVI

Yes, quite a few. What base fruits/vegs do you prefer?

I am sorry to hear this as well, but as others have said, there isn't much we can do except offer our words of support, courage and love. Make a list of things you would like to do and then get out there and get 'er done!

Here's offering you a hug full of support. Come back to the forums anytime you feel down or just need to talk, this is the internet after all, someone is always around.
    Have the courage to live. Anyone can die.

Post My Situation

Quote Originally Posted by Ceelo View Post
    If you can share some more information regarding your situation.'
    At what stage did they find you at?
    metastasis?
    Malignant or benign?
    What treatments are being offered to you ATM.

/
    Hi,
    Sure, I don't mind sharing. I am in late Stage 2. Metastasis was moderate when compared to those who he said had "advanced metastatic" issues. There were malignancies that appeared in the body while the head of the gland was clear.

The main treatment being offered to me is the Whipple Procedure (surgery) with additional therapy via radiation as well as moderate chemo.

Thats what I understand to be my situation for now. I have like several appointments to rush treatment because as anyone with cancer knows time is always a factor.

I hope I answered your question.

Don't spend the rest of your days (however many there may be) playing silly MMOs like Rift, that ultimately don't mean anything in the end. Remember what is important...

Now if only I could follow my own advice

Plane Touched

Wow. I am so damn impressed with the Rift community. I bumped the thread once and two pages of support were added. You guys are incredible. Really. And AgentRed I hope this made you feel at least a little better about your situation.

Much love all.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Valarion View Post
    Juicing should only be done in cases where the digestive system is compromised, as you need a healthy intestinal flora for optimum health. Smoothies are fine though, but then that is just fruit in a blender.

Also remember that is always better to eat stuff on it's own for the best digestion. Nature didn't intend us to take a bite of a carrot, then a bite of an apple and then some honeydew for good measure.

@ All those who say nothing can be done. You are wrong! Low fat, raw food is the diet for a healthy, energetic and happy life. A life without sickness.

Hi,

thank you,
    red
    Lost a Grandparent to pancreatic cancer which was not diagnosed before it was too late.

The only successful treatment of which I am aware for this is to build up the patient's immune system. There are cancer clinics in this country who employ this approach.

As to how to cope? Make it your mission to know everything about how to build up the immune system and how not to sabotage it. That's my advice.
    One of the worst films ever made by western civilization was scripted entirely in Esperanto. That's not a coincidence.

Don't know what Esperanto is? That's not a coincidence either.

William Shatner had the leading role. That's .... well, I think you get the idea.

Get that pancreatectomy or pancreaticoduodenectomy and get on those supplements. The longer you wait the less chance you have.

Edit: Not a doctor, just an old hospital corpsman.
    Last edited by Forum Troll; 02-10-2011 at 10:59 AM.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast