+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosis...

Thumbs up God Bless..

I have an ok support system. I turn 26 in a couple months. Like I told a friend, I regret making the post because I had to accept the diagnosis but I appreciate everyone's support. Even though I know none of you well, you taking the time to encourage me, give me information and share your stories means a lot to me. A lot.

Thank you all. I am sorry I can't thank you individually so I hope you will take this as such.

Sincerely,
    Logan

Quote Originally Posted by AgentRed View Post
    Hi,

I was diagnosed with this type of Cancer earlier this week. I've talked to the experts and searched the web for all the information I could..

but I was curious as to if anyone else here has this or any type of cancer and without revealing too much about your situation can you tell me how you coped?

thank you,
    red
    Sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis; all I can do is keep you in my prayers and support cancer research.

I have a friend who's Mom is suffering from Breast cancer, not the same thing but yet it is the same thing.

You will be in my prayers and I hope you are able to get well soon.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Hi,

I was diagnosed with this type of Cancer earlier this week. I've talked to the experts and searched the web for all the information I could..

but I was curious as to if anyone else here has this or any type of cancer and without revealing too much about your situation can you tell me how you coped?

thank you,
    red
    Do not go gentle into that good night
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked not lightning they

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay ,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Quote Originally Posted by TerminusEst View Post
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked not lightning they

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay ,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

I love that poem, so much. Dylan Thomas is amazing.

Admin of Mane Media MLP:FiM forums!

Rhaenys of Deepwood
    Member of Dark Phoenix
    HK 11/11

Plane Touched

I don't know if this is inappropriate but it's the Off Topic forum so I assume anything goes.

I just wanted to give this guy a bump as although it probably was a fleeting thought for a lot of people, I watched this thread get buried amongst music, tech talk, and other miscellaneous fun.

As I've said my sister is going through chemotherapy and radiation at the moment so this hit really close to home for me. I think it'd be awesome if a few more people could show this guy some love.

Also, I don't mean to embarrass him by doing this. It just really got under my skin that someone came to a gaming forum seeking some support. That might suggest something about his current support network and he could probably use the empathy.

Show some love. That is all.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

It's hard to say anything that'll really help. Cancer sucks. My mom's still alive after two rounds of cancer, though. People do sometimes beat it. Attitude matters. So does treatment.

Also: Please, please, ignore the people pushing homeopathy and other crap like that. That is not medicine, and it will not improve your chances. Obviously, you have a real doctor, or you'd never have gotten a diagnosis, but... Don't let the snake oil people sucker you. They're scum, trying to take advantage of people who are in a bad situation.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    It's hard to say anything that'll really help. Cancer sucks. My mom's still alive after two rounds of cancer, though. People do sometimes beat it. Attitude matters. So does treatment.

Also: Please, please, ignore the people pushing homeopathy and other crap like that. That is not medicine, and it will not improve your chances. Obviously, you have a real doctor, or you'd never have gotten a diagnosis, but... Don't let the snake oil people sucker you. They're scum, trying to take advantage of people who are in a bad situation.
    I agree on both accounts. I mean, it is hard to say anything that will help. I could be overtly sensitive to this but I think when you get diagnosed with something potentially fatal your first reaction is to feel alone and helpless. My sister said that it's very hard because people don't know how to react or empathize because they have no idea how it feels. You also get a lot of cliches and perspectives you don't necessarily want or need.

My sister and my mother both live in Boulder, CO where homeopathic / naturopathic medicine is commonplace. I was pretty pissed off initially because they kept talking about how the doctor would advise them and their naturopathic doctor would contradict the advice - and they'd listen to the NMD instead of the MD. I agree. Stick with tried and true methods.

I would like to add that chemotherapy and radiation are not nearly as horrible or as unpleasant as they sound. I've been through the whole process from start to finish with my sister. I do recommend smoking a lot of pot if you live in a town where you can get a legal prescription especially. It has helped me sister with chronic nausea.

Well thats pretty ****ty.

There have been two times in my life that i genuinely thought i was probably about to die. I always thought of all the great people who ever were and figured that if it was good enough for them it was good enough for me, then i just tried to do the smartest thing possible given the situation. Make good decisions then don't worry about it.

My father had the battle with this particular cancer and lost unfortunately.... Im sorry to here this, and in a sense i sort of know what your going through, Stay strong and never lose hope, And laugh, of course its the best medicine. My thoughts go out to you and i hope you can overcome this.
    Assassin/Nightblade/Riftstalker Briarcliff pvp.

Plane Touched

Fortunately the OP is only 25. And he's also mentioned that the cancer was discovered early.

Between his age and the stage it was caught in, I'm going to assume that he'll be rocking Rift and other games for years to come.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, Sithus. That's rough. I lost my father as well but it wasn't cancer so I know how it feels on some level.

I'm an atheist so I won't be "praying" for you, AgentRed, but you're sure as hell in my thoughts and hopes. Again, if you need anything, PM me.

Plane Touched

Also I know I shamelessly bumped this thread but since I did a handful of people have stepped up and responded.

Thanks a lot guys. That was very cool to witness. I thought this thread was going to disappear the same day it was posted, but it didn't.

I don't mean to be so melodramatic, but when a family member (or two in my case) faces mortality head on (one didn't make it) they remind you what mortality is, and that while one day you're worried about your internet connection you could go to the doctor and get diagnosed with a fatal illness you didn't know existed in your body. It's pretty terrifying so I can't imagine what it feels like for people actually going through it.

That is all. Thanks again.

Champion of Telara Hackiedoodle's Avatar

Hi,

thank you,
    red

Now you got a reason to quit playing MMOs, eh? Go scuba diving, or snowboarding. Check out a glory hole, for us!

Here's hoping you have many, many more years to live.
    Krimhilde, Warrior
    Ambya, Cleric

If you can share some more information regarding your situation.'
    At what stage did they find you at?
    metastasis?
    Malignant or benign?
    What treatments are being offered to you ATM.

/

Rift Disciple

My ex-girlfriend has cancer, leukemia.

The very best tip she could give to someone (she has been through hospital/ close to death several times through her years) is: Live life to fullest and enjoy even the smallest things in life (such as the song of a bird). She lives her life that way, and even though we don't speak anymore (sadly), she's still an admirable person in my mind.

Good luck fighting it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast