+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guild Websites // Exchange Offer. >_>

Default Guild Websites // Exchange Offer. >_>

Herro one and all.

I recently just restructured my website - since I fancied the change! I do lightweight websites for customers - whom are looking for somewhere to show an image gallery, for say - a photographer, or a model.

Anyhoo, I have a problem. I want pre-order Rift for US Servers so I can continue to play with my friends in the US - but since I live in the UK - it doesn't bode well for getting it.

SO, here's where you come in. I design and build websites, and I'm cheap - but I aint that cheap. My heaviest package (all of which are flexible depending on the client, such as - needing more pages) costs £995, which - I've sold countless times. The best value option is £420 - gets you everything you need to start selling/advertising online.

Now... I'm willing to offer someone - a full "Lite Sites: Heavy" package build - with a custom design, free domain name (.com, .co.uk, .org, .net, etc etc), free hosting for a year with 2000MB/month traffic, all the features you'd need to run a guild website, phpBB integrated forums and even SEO-Basic, for their guild or whatever you choose, in exchange for you going out in to your lovely country, and buying me the US Collectors Edition of Rift. Digital Copy/Download would be absolutely brilliant!

I'm not interested in trolling, or what not - I'm actually a respectable business man who's looking for a little bit of an exchange, and since I'm so generous, you'll be getting £995 (or about, $1500) worth of epic coding. Ofcourse, I'll build a template/style that suits whether your guild is Guardian or Defiant, and it shall look glorious! It will contain all the features you'd expect to see on a Guild Website - except it'll be 10x cooler. Obviously - I'm a legend! Anyhoo, if anyone is genuinely interested in this, please feel free to email me at admin@lite-sites.co.cc or PM me to my Rift Forum inbox.

You can view my slightly unfinished site by visiting - http://lite-sites.co.cc - (it's taken me 4 days to design and build it so far, so please do excuse anything that is unfinished! Actually I think it's just current projects..err...)

Have fun!

(Please note, whether it's allowed on this forum - to sell an item or not, I am in fact not selling anything, merely offering an exchange of expertise for a digital download. Kthx!)

I approve of this.

A much simpler method though might be having a friend gift you the US version over Steam if they can. Or if it's region locked, getting a US friend to log into your steam account here in the US, purchase it, unlock it, and then it is bound for the US in that case and you can then take the account back over and go from there. From my understanding of how it works, at least. I know what's what people did to unlock their Black Ops and MW2 Russian keys in the US.

Plane Touched

I think I'm totally missing something. Why can't you just go to something like this:

http://www.dlgamer.com/buy-and-downl...ad-p-9172.html

And download it from there? I'm not sure how, as I'm in the U.S., I can get a digital download that you can't.

Please clarify. Thanks.

Yeah, I could do that I guess - I do have a Steam account, but my friends in the US are flat broke, due to a lack of the all important... employment! Lol!

Which is why I had to resort to such measures! Haha! I'm completely honest too, the site is mine and all the work on it is mine (except for the actual forum functionality, that's phpBB) - but yeah, shame about them being skint, but still - HOPEFULLY one of the lovely Riftians will come through for me. :>

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Coyx View Post
    Yeah, I could do that I guess - I do have a Steam account, but my friends in the US are flat broke, due to a lack of the all important... employment! Lol!

Which is why I had to resort to such measures! Haha! I'm completely honest too, the site is mine and all the work on it is mine (except for the actual forum functionality, that's phpBB) - but yeah, shame about them being skint, but still - HOPEFULLY one of the lovely Riftians will come through for me. :>
    Again - I still don't understand why you can't purchase a US version digital download online even though you're in the UK.

This thread is confusing me.

I think I'm totally missing something. Why can't you just go to something like this:

http://www.dlgamer.com/buy-and-downl...ad-p-9172.html

And download it from there? I'm not sure how, as I'm in the U.S., I can get a digital download that you can't.

Please clarify. Thanks.
    Unfortunately - websites like these automatically default to your locale/region. That, and I have no Credit Card - and the card I have to my bank isn't one I can use to spend online (it's a cash card, ATM only )

I genuinely have gone through about 20 websites looking for a way to buy it myself, but to no avail. Besides, anyone with half a brain should jump at this opportunity - $50/$60 game in exchange for $1400-$1500 website... I must be - but meh! I don't have any work on at the moment (apart from my full time job) - so I'd like to sit down and get cracking on an ACTUAL website, instead of making up templates all evening. ;)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Coyx View Post
    Unfortunately - websites like these automatically default to your locale/region. That, and I have no Credit Card - and the card I have to my bank isn't one I can use to spend online (it's a cash card, ATM only )

I genuinely have gone through about 20 websites looking for a way to buy it myself, but to no avail. Besides, anyone with half a brain should jump at this opportunity - $50/$60 game in exchange for $1400-$1500 website... I must be - but meh! I don't have any work on at the moment (apart from my full time job) - so I'd like to sit down and get cracking on an ACTUAL website, instead of making up templates all evening. ;)
    Ah, ok. That makes sense. Trying to think of a way you could help me out (I'm a designer as well) with some of my existing projects and I'll hook you up.

I'll keep you posted.
    Last edited by Homebrew; 02-09-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    Ah, ok. That makes sense. Trying to think of a way you could help me out (I'm a designer as well) with some of my existing projects and I'll hook you up.

I'll keep you posted.
    Ahhh that'd be awesome.

+ Reply to Thread