+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pleasse add a way to delete PM's

Shadowlander

Default Pleasse add a way to delete PM's

My inbox is full and I have no idea if people have been trying to send me any messages because I can't get rid of the messages that are in there..

Seriously I have never had so much trouble with a forum in my life...I have never ever once ever had any problems with deleteing PM's from my inbox no matter what forum I've ever been on...this is the first time in my time on the net that I have a major problem getting rid of PM's

I have been through every section of my profile and I have found every option to do everything else such as create folders, move messages, storing them even a way to mass check them off, but yet there is an option for everything else exept delete them, that is in plain view or that I can find.

If it's there is' clearly hidden in some sub screen that I have no way of accessing.

So If I can click on select all, then move them all, then I am supposed to be able to click SELECT ALL then click DELETE ALL as well. So please either add a Delete message option or if the option is there then move the option where it actually be fully viewed and can be accessed.

thanks!
    Last edited by tx3000; 02-09-2011 at 10:25 AM.

INBOX -> check the ones you want to delete (the box at the top for all or the one one the date for that entire date) scroll down,
    SELECTED MESSAGES -> DELETE -> Proceed.

done?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ixath View Post
    INBOX -> check the ones you want to delete (the box at the top for all or the one one the date for that entire date) scroll down,

done?
    you fell for the troll.

This is the guy who was asking for in depth guides how to get out of the starting zone, because it took him "14 hours".

/yawn

Also add a way to reply to Warnings from TrionCommunity.

I was totally confused as to why I got one, when the quote provided gave no clue. Tried to reply with the rules of conduct broke down in comparison to the post in question and got a message saying TrionCommunity cant' accept replies.

Not a big deal, but i'm CURIOUS!

Telaran

Trolls are really pulling out the old ones... guess the young community isn't inoculated yet.

What's next, "Does /gquit not work for anyone else?"

Shadowlander

ok so explain to me how that's possible after seeing this screen shot:

http://i.imgur.com/e7SNK.jpg

Sorry but nice try... care to try again..

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by tx3000 View Post

too bad there isnt an option that says "selected messages" and a "delete" command inside of it....oh... wait a sec!

what a shame.... a fail troll.

Soulwalker

This guy obviously needs a step by step instruction on how to delete messages, starting with "1: Grab your mouse with your right hand, or the left hand if you're left handed."

He needs the same exactly the same step by step instructions to get out of the tutorial level in less than 14 hours also.

...or he's of course just a troll.

It is funny though that there's a "Selected messages" button. I wonder what that does?
    Oh, and it's amazing that he knows how to make screen shots and how to use/link them. But I guess he already found the step by step instructions for that somewhere.

Edit: Oh, look. He knows how to use X-Fire.
    Last edited by MagrothJ; 02-09-2011 at 03:53 PM.

http://i.imgur.com/e7SNK.jpg

OK I looked at your picture. Do you see the button on the far right below your wall of cyan that reads (Selected Messages (42))

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/...on/seethis.jpg

Click it. a menu pops up with radio buttons. Click the one that says delete. Then at the bottom of that same radio menu click on proceed.
    Last edited by Belenos; 02-09-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Shadowlander

It is funny though that there's a "Selected messages" button. I wonder what that does?
    Yeah shows nothing more than the number of selected messages...So Who is trolling here....You're just being stupid and purposely going out of your way to cause problems. You know no one is even thinking that does anything so there is and would be no reason for someone to even think that can be clicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
    OK I looked at your picture. Do you see the button on the far right below your wall of cyan that reads (Selected Messages (42))

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/...on/seethis.jpg

Click it. a menu pops up with radio buttons. Click the one that says delete. Then at the bottom of that same radio menu click on proceed.
    How in the world is anyone supposed to know that is even a clickable option... Seriously that is ******ed.

So it is a hidden option exactly as I said it was burried in a place there is no way to know it's there. This option needs to be moved out into the open where it's visible. I have never in my life ever seen a hidden option that is this cryptic to locate

Anyway thanks!
    Last edited by tx3000; 02-10-2011 at 11:00 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

You'd get ignored a lot less, and made fun of a lot less, if instead of yelling and calling people names and using the word "trolling" like some sort of incantation against people answering your questions, you listened and thought about things.

But you don't, so *plonk*.

Soulwalker

Yeah shows nothing more than the number of selected messages...So Who is trolling here....You're just being stupid and purposely going out of your way to cause problems. You know no one is even thinking that does anything so there is and would be no reason for someone to even think that can be clicked.

How in the world is anyone supposed to know that is even a clickable option... Seriously that is ******ed.

So it is a hidden option exactly as I said it was burried in a place there is no way to know it's there. This option needs to be moved out into the open where it's visible. I have never in my life ever seen a hidden option that is this cryptic to locate

Anyway thanks!
    Hahahaha!!! Sorry that is so funny. You should be a comedian.

I guess you can put together your own step by step instruction for deleting PMs on the Rift forums now.

Plane Walker

It has a downward-pointing arrow on the button, which is a common standard in interface design to indicate a dropdown menu. I'm baffled by how you manage to navigate the interwebs.

PS: Your threads are the best.

Anyway thanks!
    You are welcome.

Shadowlander

It has a downward-pointing arrow on the button, which is a common standard in interface design to indicate a dropdown menu.
    Common to whom?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast