+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wish me luck

Default Wish me luck

Going to try to get my old ea account unbanned. Should be frustrating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHdXG2gV01k

Funny Stuff

ouch, prepare first. have everything you need either by the phone or the pc while you make the calls/emails.
    And good luck, ...being banned sucks, specially if you didn't do it yerself lol

Quote Originally Posted by wannsa View Post
    ouch, prepare first. have everything you need either by the phone or the pc while you make the calls/emails.
    And good luck, ...being banned sucks, specially if you didn't do it yerself lol
    nah, it was all me. EA told me i needed to cancel my xbox live account, and open a new one, which i did. lets see how this goes.

Funny Stuff

tsk tsk.
    Well I hope you learned from it (whatever it was ya did to get banned) and get your account back.
    How's the fight going so far?
    Original signature done by me!
    A good friend will help you out no matter what.I'm going to visit my BFF later...Inmate # 100846 oh the good times we had!

tsk tsk.
    Well I hope you learned from it (whatever it was ya did to get banned) and get your account back.
    How's the fight going so far?
    Just cancelled my Live account (85 months worth of time put in, guy at MS felt bad), created a new live id to use, when I get home I'm going to make that my gold account and go from there.

Funny Stuff

Wow that's alot of time. I mean ALOT.
    there wasn't anything they could do? WTF you do, kill a kitten in the game or sumthin? Wait, I don't want to know lol.
    *hugs* rift comes out soon, that'll make it better =)
    Original signature done by me!
    A good friend will help you out no matter what.I'm going to visit my BFF later...Inmate # 100846 oh the good times we had!

I bet they banned you for playing on a xbox instead of a PC.
    The Zwoop tHEzWOOP Thezwoop tHEZWOOP TheZwoop ThezwooP THEzwoop theZWOOP thezwOOp THeZWooP thEzwOOp tHeZwOoP ThezwOOp THEzWOOp

Wow that's alot of time. I mean ALOT.
    there wasn't anything they could do? WTF you do, kill a kitten in the game or sumthin? Wait, I don't want to know lol.
    *hugs* rift comes out soon, that'll make it better =)
    It would've been even MORE time. This was my second live account. I would've converted my original live account from the first xbox, but i wasn't sure if i was going to buy a 360 (this was when they first came out and RROD's were everywhere) and i cancelled it...my orignal name was the **** too...SCRUFFY HOBBIT

Nah, EA doesn't really care about the player when it comes to their forum policy. It's their "world" their rules. Every game company basically has the exact same policy just to cover their ***** (damn lawyers). The absurd thing is that something done on the forums can / will directly impact your ability to play the game you paid for. I'm sure TRION has the same things in their policy, but who knows how anal retentive they are about it.

What i did wasn't as bad as a hooker in the mattress, but according to EA it might have well just been murder 1. I intially said something on the forums that got 1 personna banned. So, i was posting on another personna which i've had on the account. This is an apparent violation of their forum policy for circumventing a ban, they claim i created the personna to post, i told them look at the created date, this personna goes back to 2001 or so. I went unnoticed for a few months, then yes, i foolishly said one of my personnas was banned from the forums. At that point, EA closed the whole thing. I was furious at first. I was going back and forth stating that THEY PURPOSELY HAVE A LOOPHOLE THERE, if their intention was to stop me form posting on the forums, they should've been proactive at their jobs and closed ALL personnas from posting initially...they didn't do so, basically setting me / someone up. I admit, i was a dip**** for saying something, but they wouldn't listen to reason or compromise. I told them, open the account up and completely close the forums to me, but allow me to play. They wanted none of it.

So last night i completely stopped my old live account, started a new one with a new email, upgraded to gold and tried to get into an ea title. The game asked me to create an ea account, so I should be good to go on that front.

The upsetting thing is that I'm a huge FPS fan. Bad Company 2 is arguably one of the best shooters ever created (minus a few bugs in the vietnam expansion) and I absolutely love the Battlefield series, i can't wait for 3 (it's one of the reasons why i wanted to get my account working again). It's unfortunate that EA makes some of the better games in that genre.

Funny Stuff

+ Reply to Thread