+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How is this even...

Soulwalker

Default How is this even...

So famous?

It's a bland game and more of the same, have you guys heard of Tera?

http://www.tera-online.com/

Check it out, don't dismiss it for a korean grinder, it's not fair to dismiss all future mmo's from koreans, read about the westernization process, and look up some game play of this game on their website, don't be closed minded, this game could very clearly be the next mmo that leads for years.

Read the FAQ before judging, http://www.tera-online.com/content/faq

You guys are wasting your faith on this mmo. It's the same old click-target, boring WoW clone.

They have already assured it won't be a grinder, and have a whole different company devoted to bringing it to the west.
    The combat-aiming system is revolutionary.

K I'm done.

/awaits flame and thread to be closed

You wasted a minute of your time posting this, when you could be a TERA kissing ***? That's guts

It's popular because of Dynamic Content, the class system, and a old school feel to it where the game world is important and a big part of it.

Ive seen Tera and it looks somewhat interesting but I'm not a fan of the FFA system, art style, and the same old static world concept.

I'm not sure why you bothered to post this unless you were just looking to be flamed b/c thats pretty much all you;re gonna get with that...
    So much to do, so little time. We must get to work! Zathras! Zathras! Grrr, never around when he is needed!

Soulwalker

I really don't get it? Haven't we seen this before? AoC? Warhammer? Aion?

Instead of using words like "Dynamic, innovative, new" etc, Tera actually has something to look forward to? It actually talks, instead of promises.

So the class system, split up into different parts making up for a talent system? I don't understand? That's all this game looks like to me, just another new mmo trying to rise above water, which have taken concepts from every other mmo and SLIGHTLY twisted it, which in the end will let everyone down? Can't everyone see where this is going? Uhh...
    Last edited by L_M_F_A_O; 11-20-2010 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by L_M_F_A_O View Post
    So famous?

It's a bland game and more of the same, have you guys heard of Tera?

http://www.tera-online.com/

Check it out, don't dismiss it for a korean grinder, it's not fair to dismiss all future mmo's from koreans, read about the westernization process, and look up some game play of this game on their website, don't be closed minded, this game could very clearly be the next mmo that leads for years.

Read the FAQ before judging, http://www.tera-online.com/content/faq

You guys are wasting your faith on this mmo. It's the same old click-target, boring WoW clone.

They have already assured it won't be a grinder, and have a whole different company devoted to bringing it to the west.
    The combat-aiming system is revolutionary.

K I'm done.

Really? I don't even know what else to say. If you don't like it don't play... Not every game is for everyone. That's why there are so many. I guess I wouldn't expect a person like you to understand though since you took the time to make an account on a website just to promote another game... ha. Loser.

EDIT: just saw you posted again on this thread? really? again? i think you secretly love this game. lol.
    Last edited by Fedise; 11-20-2010 at 07:56 AM.

I saw TERA today as it seems to be high on the anticipated list on mmorpg.com.

I havn't read that much about it - but it didn't have the same impact as RIFT had on me initially. It looks very nice, landscape wise, I'll give it that much.

Seems like it will be a lot of almost-naked-on-the-brink-of-decency women doing kamehameha's...

I really don't get it? Haven't we seen this before? AoC? Warhammer? Aion?

Instead of using words like "Dynamic, innovative, new" etc, Tera actually has something to look forward to? It actually talks, instead of promises.

So the class system, split up into different parts making up for a talent system? I don't understand?
    Might want to elaborate on how Tera "talks instead of promises" or else all you're doing is tooting your proverbial horn without making any music. Never played AoC but I know it tanked pretty hard; Aion... eh - that's all I'm gonna say to Aion, just a sad, small "eh" - and as for Warhammer... many more thing were wrong with it (when I was playing it) to the point that the dynamic content it had couldn't counterbalance its other faults.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedise View Post
    Really? I don't even know what else to say. If you don't like it don't play... Not every game is for everyone. That's why there are so many. I guess I wouldn't expect a person like you to understand though since you took the time to make an account on a website just to promote another game... ha. Loser.

EDIT: just saw you posted again on this thread? really? again? i think you secretly love this game. lol.
    Trollololololling is for the cool folks, Fedise.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodion View Post

I havn't read that much about it - but it didn't have the same impact as RIFT had on me initially. It looks very nice, landscape wise, I'll give it that much.

Seems like it will be a lot of almost-naked-on-the-brink-of-decency women doing kamehameha's...
    ^----- This.
    Last edited by Kintega; 11-20-2010 at 07:57 AM.
    Halcyon Legion: now offering candy and rainbows! Also, I love writing poetry Ask!
    "When we built these dreams on sand... How they all slipped through our hands; And this might be our only chance! Let's take this one day at a time - I'll hold your hand if you hold mine... The time that we kill keeps us alive." Rise Against - Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

So famous?

If you know this is going to happen, why bother creating a topic about this. It's a kinda useless and senseless topic. Go back to TETA and stay there if you think it is better. Do not bother us with your opinion.
    “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.”

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zodion View Post

What impact did Rift have on you that differs from all the other mmo's, really, I'm actually curious. Maybe someone can prove Rift to be better, explain, anyone?

Shadowlander

Have you even read about TERA? From everything I have read it, not RIFT, is unoriginal. TERA is anticipated to be "another" Korea-produced grindfest, whereas RIFT looks to be a great refinement of many of the genre tropes of MMO's. I'm sure this was just a troll message, but still at least TRY to be credible.

BTW their FAQ states that it's the "first Action MMORPG." They need to update this to reflect that Vindictus was already released well ahead of TERA.

They also state that the game is great with a gamepad. Lessee, what other recent MMORPGs were touting their support of gamepads....uh, FFXIV? Yeah, that one's really proving itself in the marketplace.
    Last edited by Farstrider; 11-20-2010 at 08:01 AM.

But But tera is a korean grinder and thats fine for folks like YOU who want that .

Go there and preach what you want why come here ?

So do you actually believe that it wont be a grind rofl good luck with that one

So i will think of you as a TROLL that you are k good bye

You sound like you need some pie Anyone got some good recipes?
    Last edited by Selene; 11-20-2010 at 07:58 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Farstrider View Post
    Have you even read about TERA? From everything I have read it, not RIFT, is unoriginal. TERA is anticipated to be "another" Korea-produced grindfest, whereas RIFT looks to be a great refinement of many of the genre tropes of MMO's. I'm sure this was just a troll message, but still at least TRY to be credible.
    Read up on the game, that's all I can say. I'm not trolling, seriously, people dismiss it without even reading ANYTHING up about it because of Aions reputation, another games failure for ones undeserved hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    You sound like you need some pie
    ...I would like some... If I create a pointless thread to troll on, do I get some pie too, Selene?!??!?!
    Halcyon Legion: now offering candy and rainbows! Also, I love writing poetry Ask!
    "When we built these dreams on sand... How they all slipped through our hands; And this might be our only chance! Let's take this one day at a time - I'll hold your hand if you hold mine... The time that we kill keeps us alive." Rise Against - Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Lmao.....suuuure.

Actually, the time-honored food for trolls is waffles. According to the Druid forums from way back when.

But I like pie. There's more variation
    Last edited by Selene; 11-20-2010 at 08:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast