+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever had one of them moments

Smile Have you ever had one of them moments

Not to sound like a *****, but today I found a shoe box of photos of my childhood when I was like an infant on up to the current age of 21...it makes you realize how much you have grown, you see them photos and old childhood art and drawings and you reminisce on how awesome and fun your childhood was..the nostalgia levels they bring are just mindblowing. amazing how a small piece of colored paper can have such an astounding effect on your emotions

good times

My question is this, have you guys ever had one of them moments?
    Last edited by Aedu; 02-09-2011 at 12:25 AM.
    AMD Phenom II 955 X4 @ 3.2 GHz, 8 Gigs of DDR3 SDRAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1 GB, 1 Terabyte Hard Drive, 23" Wide LCD Monitor, I bought this from a friend for 400 dollars...what a deal.

Of course.

Indeed I have! Tonight even! I will share.

So long story short, my first wife and I didn't last due to our daughter's death

Fast forward a number of years and we're talking again, we have been for about a month now. A few hours ago we got on the topic of things we missed about the old days, and we both came to the same thing. Back in high school we had this notebook that was pretty much like a primitive IM system for us. At the beginning of the day one of us would have it and during first (of seven) period the one who had it would just right all sorts of things down for the other. Mushy things, topics of the day, our future, etc, etc, and then in between periods we'd pass the notebook to the other for them to read and respond to in the next period. At the end of the day, whoever had it last would've it to the other to start again the next day.

After we talked about it, I realized just how long ago that really was. I mean, I'm young, but my memory is utter **** thanks to some brain damage, but still... the nostalgia of the old days was overwhelming. Now I find myself listening to songs I haven't heard in years while talking to her and browsing these forums.

(click image for guild page)
    Selintasha
    Female Eth Warrior
    Reaver 31/Paragon 19/Champion 16

Quote Originally Posted by LordSethD View Post
    Indeed I have! Tonight even! I will share.

So long story short, my first wife and I didn't last due to our daughter's death

Fast forward a number of years and we're talking again, we have been for about a month now. A few hours ago we got on the topic of things we missed about the old days, and we both came to the same thing. Back in high school we had this notebook that was pretty much like a primitive IM system for us. At the beginning of the day one of us would have it and during first (of seven) period the one who had it would just right all sorts of things down for the other. Mushy things, topics of the day, our future, etc, etc, and then in between periods we'd pass the notebook to the other for them to read and respond to in the next period. At the end of the day, whoever had it last would've it to the other to start again the next day.

After we talked about it, I realized just how long ago that really was. I mean, I'm young, but my memory is utter **** thanks to some brain damage, but still... the nostalgia of the old days was overwhelming. Now I find myself listening to songs I haven't heard in years while talking to her and browsing these forums.
    Very interesting story, thanks for sharing
    AMD Phenom II 955 X4 @ 3.2 GHz, 8 Gigs of DDR3 SDRAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1 GB, 1 Terabyte Hard Drive, 23" Wide LCD Monitor, I bought this from a friend for 400 dollars...what a deal.

Have those days...Pictures do have a way of transporting you to old places. Lots of memories and even some wishful thinking....Just read a post from a guy complaining about his girlfriend's cat, and all it brings to me is that I wish this person had know my cat Pixie. She was very smart, very loving, a beautiful creature, and I find that I still miss her.....Damn, now I am having a moment....
    Hmm...what exactly should one do in a library?

Plane Touched

Like when I found old screenshots of my Everquest days?

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

I spent my childhood almost everyday outside riding bikes building forts in the woods... playing in creeks and exploring.

Miss it

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Laughter View Post
    I spent my childhood almost everyday outside riding bikes building forts in the woods... playing in creeks and exploring.

Miss it
    Me too. I grew up on 53 acres. There was this really cool spot where some brambles made a sort of dome by our creek and I could crawl under there and just chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Archellion View Post
    Me too. I grew up on 53 acres. There was this really cool spot where some brambles made a sort of dome by our creek and I could crawl under there and just chill.
    Yeah my sister and I and two other neighborhood kids ended up building this log cabin type fort in a creek that was down into the ground. It was pretty amazing.. big too.

Damn I miss being a kid...

People about to see a 23 year old woman building a fort in her front yard.

Edit: I shoudn't say neighborhood... I grew up in the "woods" where you couldn't see other people's houses it wasn't totally private but it was a good 10 min walk to the neighbors house.
    Last edited by Laughter; 02-09-2011 at 06:14 AM.

People about to see a 23 year old woman building a fort in her front yard.
    And that's exactly why we have kids to re-live those old days...like they say "dance like nobody is watching".
    Have the courage to live. Anyone can die.

Quote Originally Posted by _sYn_ View Post
    And that's exactly why we have kids to re-live those old days...like they say "dance like nobody is watching".
    Haha so true ;)

I see my old pictures more than I should, my folks love to show me.

Just opened from the box,a little baby, now a grown up baby like everyone else.

My best times were at 19, which was 10 years ago, so much will power, no broken heart, damn good looking. Now when I see myself, i want more will power, I miss it, i have no heart, and way better looking. =)

In other words, yes I know what you mean, how fast we grow up and how we forget the simple fun.

Yes, I get a lot of those moments when I miss my Dad, who passed away 2 years ago. I remember things from my childhood when we didn't have a computer in the house and I actually got outside and got dirty playing in creeks, mud and weeds. Back then I wasn't afraid of bugs in those places, but now I can't stand dark corners for fear of spiders springing out at me. Anything I see on History channel about dinosaurs reminds me of my days of being a major dino fan, collecting books, posters, puzzles and even toys on those creatures lol. I had one fav puzzle I worked over and over and over... a T-Rex and a Stegosaurus with a volcano in the background... ah those memories...

Maybe I should've been a paleontologist...
    "I'm not afraid of death. It's the stake one puts up in order to play the game of life."

yes, found one of my sketch books from 2001 with my last peice of art i did before i found ou t i was going to be a father and quit creating.

funny when your looking from outside of your present self to your earlier points in life and wondering the who what and why of the time.. running down old memories of friends, places, music and movies.. even the bad hair and worse clothing

;)
    "There are brave men out there.. let's go kill them.."

Rift Disciple

Miss it
    Did you have more fun building the forts, making grandiose plans for your fort or playing in your fort? My brother and I always had huge plans that were fun to imagine. Mostly they never reached completion.

One of our best times of the year was spring. Our near by creek would flood from snow melt. We would make boats and spend the whole day trying to "navigate" the river and getting incredibly soaked.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast