Thread: @Guilds

Default @Guilds

Casually Hardcore is an oxymoron

Troll?

Nah... wait. You got me.

Srs

So many guilds advertise that they are Casually Hardcore

Its like saying they are Cold fire

It means they're hardcore! On Saturdays! After 6! When the kids are asleep!

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare View Post

lol that was good.
    Seastone>Guardian>Tribe>Blackmachismo lvl 50 warrior

Plane Touched

I guess they couldn't decide if they were "semi-casual" or "semi-hardcore" and just smushed the two together.
    The Blades of Silver | Heavy RP | Guardian | Shadefallen

Not always.

If a PvE guild says casually hardcore, then yes. However, if it's a PvP guild, then it can be legit.

Hardcore in the context of PvP refers to the type of environment, penalties, and risk versus reward the guild was branded in. So casually hardcore for a PvP guild can refer to a guild that doesn't require you to spend your life playing, yet is a guild branded in adverse PvP conditions.

That said, this game will not make hardcore PvPers out of anyone. However, there will be plenty of hardcore PvP guilds playing, that have earned the "right" to refer to themselves as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    Not always.

If a PvE guild says casually hardcore, then yes. However, if it's a PvP guild, then it can be legit.

Hardcore in the context of PvP refers to the type of environment, penalties, and risk versus reward the guild was branded in. So casually hardcore for a PvP guild can refer to a guild that doesn't require you to spend your life playing, yet is a guild branded in adverse PvP conditions.

That said, this game will not make hardcore PvPers out of anyone. However, there will be plenty of hardcore PvP guilds playing, that have earned the "right" to refer to themselves as such.
    We only recruit hardcore players

but we are relax about when we raid, and when we pvp

Its like watching the superbowl, but instead of playing football, the players just decided to get high on the field and eat cheetos
    Last edited by Talamare; 02-08-2011 at 10:39 PM.

When playing WoW for 3.5 years and being the MT for 2 very successful guilds, and now planning on being a MT in Rift for a very successful guild. I can explain this "oxymoron". LOL!
    "Casually Hardcore" generally means it's a guild that runs endgame content either as members freely can or want 1-3x a week for 2-4 hrs at a time in an instance learning strategies to down a boss, whether or not they actually do, with mediocre to better progression.
    As opposed to a true "Hardcore" guild that will run endgame content strictly for progression 5-7x a week for 3-6 hrs a run with nothing short of at least downing or learning to down a new boss each session or week. At times, the raid could even take longer depending on the instance and demand for downing a boss no matter how long it took to do it. Ugh! (I remember some of those long nights of repeatedly wiping but downing a new boss 1st time seeing it - SO SWEET! LOL!)
    I've been in and tanked in both types of guilds. Being in the hardcore guild when real life wasn't calling or overworking me so much and then in the casual hardcore guild because I still wanted endgame content but could only run it at times when real life wasn't in the way. LOL!
    There you go! Oxymoron made simple...
    Last edited by Eillonna; 02-08-2011 at 10:52 PM.
    -- Eillonna

Closed Thread