+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: F2P Games Can Suck It

Wow...That was a well thought out and funny post 10/10 my fine sir...

Mind if I bookmark it and refer people to it when they say OMGZORS YOUz Is SOo getting RiPpEd oF by P2p mmo's
    Last edited by Aedu; 02-08-2011 at 11:03 PM.
    AMD Phenom II 955 X4 @ 3.2 GHz, 8 Gigs of DDR3 SDRAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1 GB, 1 Terabyte Hard Drive, 23" Wide LCD Monitor, I bought this from a friend for 400 dollars...what a deal.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
    OP, your post is so much epic win, that I ROFLed for a solid 10 minutes straight. You are RIGHT ON the money. I sincerely hope this thread does not get locked, because even though you had some choice words in there, it does not get any more "straight from the hip" than this. It should be a mantra.

If you are wondering why I only snipped that one part out... I am sure you will see it soon.

Post of the Day award from Belenos
    Aw shucks. Thanks.

Sincerely though, I appreciate the response. If this saves one person from indulging in a F2P game and saving the money they could have spent on a quality game like Rift, I've served my purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    Aw shucks. Thanks.

Sincerely though, I appreciate the response. If this saves one person from indulging in a F2P game and saving the money they could have spent on a quality game like Rift, I've served my purpose.
    No problem.... You still haven't seen it yet though...

Might want to look up at my post again.

Your post is about 99.9% perfect right now. Just that oooooooone more step.
    Last edited by Belenos; 02-08-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Aedu View Post
    Wow...That was a well thought out and funny post 10/10 my fine sir...

Mind if I bookmark it and refer people to it when they say OMGZORS YOUz Is SOo getting RiPpEd oF by P2p mmo's
    I'd be honored. Thanks.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
    No problem.... You still haven't seen it yet though...

Might want to look up at my post again.

Your post is about 99.9% perfect right now. Just that oooooooone more step.
    Oh, I saw it. I saw it on the last post but something OCD inside me didn't want to have the "edited by..." line at the bottom of the post. I replaced "yeras" with "years." Yeah, I know. I knew. Now I have that line at the bottom of my post.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    Oh, I saw it. I saw it on the last post but something OCD inside me didn't want to have the "edited by..." line at the bottom of the post. I replaced "yeras" with "years." Yeah, I know. I knew. Now I have that line at the bottom of my post.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.
    Look at the bright side... the post is now 100% SHEER PERFECTION! You can always change the edit message to say Belenos made me do it. I will take the blame for you.

Telaran

This is hilarious, not because it's true, but because it assumes you have to buy everything in a game and that everyone is dumb for buying something in a F2P game. I have played some F2P games, around 10 across various genres, and guess what I spent: Nothing. Just because some people can't stick to their principles doesn't mean everyone acts accordingly. If a game requires a credit card and is "free" while you don't want to spend any money you should read the writing on the wall and find something else.

It's not a lack of intelligence, but a question of worth. People will buy anything that has perceived value. In F2P games time literally equals money, by saving money you add time on areas you may not like. Don't want the spend the money? Spend the time. It's that simple. If they knowingly buy things to speed up the process they're not idiots, they just feel the actions are a waste of time and worth the money. If they complain about it they just found how shallow the game actually was and now know there was no reason to spend that money. It's obvious when money is required and anyone can refuse to pay and stop playing, but it's worth the money to many players and so they pay. Obviously they're not stupid for that, it's a calculated move. If you are saying F2P games are more manipulative than P2P games you need to get your head checked or actually make an effort to see how P2P games are manipulative.

The better question is, why do people pay monthly for filler content that only takes up time with no enjoyment? They're obviously the intellectual superiors for paying to do busy work with the expectation something fun (or at least "prestigious") will come at the end. Plenty of people would pay to get around all that crap, and that's exactly what F2P games do.

All in all, good blind hate speech. Not particularly informative on the reality of the matter and assumes everyone is a homogeneous imbecile with no money that spends lots of money, but it has emotion people can apparently get wrapped up in. Work a little harder on presentation and you'll be a dictator in no time.
    Last edited by Krazzar; 02-09-2011 at 06:06 AM.

Odd you brought up Runes of Magic, I'm coming from there.

I was an officer in the top guild in the US (Woot! Go Legacy!), one of the best geared across all servers, and to this day have never spent a cent. I got to experience everything the game had to offer for free, do it at the top, and enjoyed it while waiting for something new and better to come out.

It is easy to spend money in a F2P game, granted. It's called a lack of self-control. It's called impatience. You want what they want, and you want it NOA! What may not occur to you is that some people play f2p so well, that they end up making money off the game. Course, that's against the TOS. But nonetheless, the opportunity is there for anyone intelligent enough, which kinda contradicts your original post :/

Now, I'm personally over with the game. But in the end, I paid less for 1 year+ of endgame play than I did for the bag of Nachos I am currently enjoying. Soooo....... yeah.
    Last edited by Satiar; 02-09-2011 at 10:24 AM.

HE IS SO DAMN RIGHT!

People make money on people being dumbasses and not knowing WTF they are talking about..

"its all free, untill you cant play the game because your items suck so much you have to PAY for ITEMS?! - which u can do at eny given time with no limits"

lol..
    The Zwoop tHEzWOOP Thezwoop tHEZWOOP TheZwoop ThezwooP THEzwoop theZWOOP thezwOOp THeZWooP thEzwOOp tHeZwOoP ThezwOOp THEzWOOp

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2