Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: WoW's latest patch bringing in Rifters

Plane Touched

Default WoW's latest patch bringing in Rifters

Yup... This latest patch has had people posting all over WoW's forums as to how they are awaiting the Rift game to go live. Blizzgate is in full effect as they rush to attempt to delete the posts talking about how much better Rift is. I hate to say it.... But I agree. Rift is something that welcomes the casual gamer back into the world of MMO's. Blizzard now only caters to number crunchers, elitists, people that have no friends outside of avatars... oh and gold farmers

Good Job over here at Rift. Make those punks at Blizzard cry that they screwed their game up horribly.
    Last edited by Nekro; 02-08-2011 at 01:15 PM.

World of Warcraft

Rift Disciple too_legit_to_rift's Avatar

World of Warcraft

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro View Post
    Yup... This latest patch has had people posting all over WoW's forums as to how they are awaiting the Rift game to go live. Blizzgate is in full effect as they rush to attempt to delete the posts talking about how much better Rift is. I hate to say it.... But I agree. Rift is something that welcomes the casual gamer back into the world of MMO's. Blizzard now only caters to number crunchers, elitists, people that have no friends outside of avatars... oh and gold farmers

Good Job over here at Rift. Make those punks at Blizzard cry that they screwed their game up horribly.
    Haha nice post!

WoW is a good game, there is no denying that. But recent changes have been mind boggling.

I am guessing the actual devs left for the Titan MMO project and left people like Ghostcrawler to run the show.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

Rift Disciple

WoW's dev team only consists of 60 people anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro View Post
    Blizzard now only caters to number crunchers, elitists, people that have no friends outside of avatars... oh and gold farmers
    Did you participate in the last couple betas or read the forums during the last couple betas?

Rift has progression raiding - number crunchers
    Rift has lack of addon support leaving some of the noobs out in the cold for raids - elitists
    Rift has RP servers - no friends outside of avatars
    Rift has an AH that is already being exploited - gold farmers

Where were we again?

Champion of Telara

When you've been successful for so long it's easy to assume everything you did was clearly an act of genius so no need to consult with players.

To be fair, you'd never get anywhere if you always consulted the players too, but there's a fine line between flames and constructive feedback.

Same thing happened with AoC and WAR.

People were playing WoW again the moment their 1-free month of ____ was over.

I hope Rift maintains it's playerbase and builds upon it.

But it's very hard to compete in this market these days.

Just don't take anything for granted.

i think alot of wow players(myself included) have just bin waiting for something else to play,and for me atleast rift is it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by sharuko View Post
    ghostcrawler
    ahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Netherscourge View Post
    Same thing happened with AoC and WAR.

People were playing WoW again the moment their 1-free month of ____ was over.

I hope Rift maintains it's playerbase and builds upon it.

But it's very hard to compete in this market these days.

Just don't take anything for granted.
    Let's compare, shall we?

A poster on the beta boards said this a few ago... and I 100% agree.

Anyone who thinks that any of these issues combined is enough to 'kill' this game is delusional. Let's take a glance at the facts, shall we?

Age of Conan: Still alive- Possibly the most grief-tastic game of all time, in which you have no allies, anyone can kill you at anytime and where the PK penalty system is almost like a reward system because giving people murderer status just makes them feel more bad ***.

WAR: Still alive- had possibly the buggiest launch and existence of any MMO to hit the market, mediocre visuals and non-existent pve endgame content.

-This game alone is also ample evidence that even if the near entirety of the PvE community for whatever reason decides to leave an mmo, it can still carry on just fine.

Aion: Still alive- The quintessential eastern style mmo which drove people insane with the amount of mindless grinding it entailed and the plague of botters that completely destroyed the economy.

Rift: Has had unparalleled success in it's beta. Literally, unparalleled. No other mmo launch has had so few bugs, so little lag, and such a positive feedback from the vast majority of Beta testers. This dev team is skilled, experienced, and playing to win.

They're not about to let the project they've put sweat and blood into for months and years, up and die. Nor is it even remotely in danger of doing so for the foreseeable future.

(Edit I forgot to mention that Aion had the laggiest beta/ launch of any mmo I've personally experienced. Anyone who was there will be able to tell you about the monster rubber-banding. It was all but unplayable.
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

Banned

DEY TUK UR SUBZ!

Outside of the bad decision to take out end game 10 man instance raids Trion has been doing
    pretty good.

Blizzard removing dissenting post on their forums is nothing new, they been doing that for years. I know because i was banned from the original forums six months after the game released because every time the deleted my dissenting post I did the old ctrl V and posted it again.

I think where WoW got hurt is they have been pulling off the core developers to work on that new mmo. So basically what happened is the A-Team of developers gave a plan to the B-Team before moving on and the B-Team dropped the ball. The new expansion (which I might add I never bought) was a low budget cash grab by Blizzard. It's good to see it blow up in their face.

I'm really just liking the playing something new. WoW has just become too repetitive for me now that I've played every class.
    Raithe - Paragon PVE DPS, Champ PVP, Reaver Tank

The pity train has just derailed @ the intersection of suck it up & move on, and crashed into we all have problems, before coming to a complete stop @ get the heck over it. Any complaints about how we operate, can be forwarded to 1-800-wa wa wa with Dr. Sniffle reporting live from Quitchur B1tching.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast