Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: WoW's latest patch bringing in Rifters

Plane Touched

When the game is released, it'll be overwhelmed with an influx of crybabies and ex WOW fanboys that can't shut their mouths and stop discussing the differences and likenesses between games.

In Beta it's bad enough. Every 10 seconds someone mentions World of ****ing Warcraft and you get to hear about it in the public channel.

My guess is it'll get on my nerves to the point where I'll end up cancelling and playing WOW just to soothe my boiling blood in their former playground.

After 5 years of WoW, I'm pretty much burnt out and very bored with it all. I despise my realm and it's low population filled with *****hats, elitists and tools that reek of arrogance and cattiness. I loathe several individual players who have god complexes and no matter what they say, they are always right and everyone else is always wrong. The gang mentality is relentless and cruel. If it weren't for the fact that I plan to give Rift a go for awhile, I'd have forked over money to transfer well before now. As it is, I'm holding on to my dollars and doing my best to tolerate the nasty community that I am stuck in.

Yes, I know this is happening pretty much on any realm, in any MMO. But I am craving any and everything new. New content, new game play, new characters and storylines. And most of all, new people with unfamiliar names who I can at least pretend are at least decent until they prove otherwise. I know I'll still see epeen competitions in Rift, but at least it'll be unfamiliar names for awhile.

I guess I'm tired of it all, and I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that Rift will hang in there and grow into something well worth ditching WoW for.

I am very hungry for a new flavor of MMO, and this one looks extremely promising.
    "I'm not afraid of death. It's the stake one puts up in order to play the game of life."

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    When the game is released, it'll be overwhelmed with an influx of crybabies and ex WOW fanboys that can't shut their mouths and stop discussing the differences and likenesses between games.

In Beta it's bad enough. Every 10 seconds someone mentions World of ****ing Warcraft and you get to hear about it in the public channel.

My guess is it'll get on my nerves to the point where I'll end up cancelling and playing WOW just to soothe my boiling blood in their former playground.
    *Will be enjoying his headstart week and happily shield charging around smacking fools in the face.*

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro View Post
    LMAO said like a true player that has never stepped foot in a raid in Cata. Trust me they are hard again.....

Sadly though it seems many got spoiled in Wrath's Tank and Spank/Don't Need To Think Raids. I like what Cata did raid wise, don't get me wrong. It's the complete lack of content OUTSIDE of raids that ruined it. You can only do Archeology so long before it makes you want to gouge your eyes out. I mean do you seriously want to do the same dailies on 10 toons just to have SOMETHING to do on off raid night? That is what WoW offered with Cata outside of raids.... Archeology to waste time as you sit in 40 minute queues to run hour long dungeons....... Wow... that is almost as fun as having my toenails pulled out
    What is there to do in rift once you hit max level that is different from WOW? Honestly that is what will determine is I switch over or not.

Quote Originally Posted by 420 View Post
    i think alot of wow players(myself included) have just bin waiting for something else to play,and for me atleast rift is it.
    Got my vote on that.

Diablo II LOD for life.

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    I was permabanned for saying that I hated the expansion and that GC needed a spanking. Apparently that was a "real life threat".

LOL
    Rofl.

Rift actually is indeed launching at an excellent timeframe... SWTOR won't be out until at least the late part o f the year, GW2 isn't a real competitor as it's buy-to-play and can easily be owned alongside Rift. TERA is another asian grindfest that will fall flat on its face by NCsoft like Aion over here.
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

World of Warcraft
    God : Defiant - 50 Cleric - Deepstrike (PVP)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    No what will kill WoW is a better game. Rome didn't fall from within it fell due to numerous outside factors.

They are worried about every competitor. Blizzard is actually a smart company.

They will make moves to counter Rift during its release and soon after. Just like they will make moves to counter MMOs like SWTOR.
    True. Watch for Blizzard to release a "Blizzard loves you and here is nothing but fun" patch right before Rift goes live! :-)

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8