Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: WoW's latest patch bringing in Rifters

Quote Originally Posted by too_legit_to_rift View Post
    World of Warcraft
    Good luck with that

Quote Originally Posted by Sinorf View Post
    Cata was an awesome success ... they hit a home run.

"World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, the third expansion for the MMO giant, sold more than 3.3 million copies as of its first 24 hours of release, making it the fastest-selling PC game of all time. This milestone eclipses the previous record of more than 2.8 million copies sold in 24 hours, set in November 2008 by Blizzard’s second World of Warcraft expansion, Wrath of the Lich King."

Anyone that has to poke holes at WOW to prop-up RIFT is clueless. Blizzard did so many things right, and continues to do so many things right -- they literally wrote the book on successful MMORPG. You know Trion is studying them because they HAVE done a number of things right.

When/if Rift has 12 million subscribers, you will see them policing their forums a lot more.

In the mean time, WOW is old. The same basic look, the same basic combat, the same basic progression -- lots of people are just hungry for a change.
    The dinosaurs were the most effective and strongest life form on Earth at some point. Where are they now ?!?

Rift Chaser Flatulentia Nervosa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dysphunktion View Post
    Having fun trolling there?
    The OP was edited, so I assume they were correcting a missing error like World of Witchcraft.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I left WoW last summer over the Real ID crap and their bad handling of it. I permanently nuked my accounts and had them wipe my personal information when I found out that, after all their promises, the new forums show you your real name when you logged in -- over unencrypted HTTP. Meaning anyone in the same coffeeshop can get the information, etctera.

Basically, WoW stopped treating subscribers decently, and started selling us to facebook. I lost interest pretty much completely with that.

Everything I heard about Cataclysm sounded like I would have liked it, but it doesn't really matter, if I don't feel like doing business with the company...

A friend told me about RIFT. One of the first things mentioned was the ability to disable PvP autoflagging. I'd been asking for that in WoW for 5 years. Everything else has been great. Basically, RIFT is the game I always wished WoW would grow into.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    They delete any thread saying Rift is good, they delete any thread saying Rift is bad. They even delete threads with a fox, they also delete threads in a box.

They delete threads that aren't about WoW. It's not a conspiracy. It's just their forum policy.

What I find amusing is that the people quitting can't even agree as to why they're quiting. Some people insist Blizzard is catering to the elitists, others say Blizz is catering to the casuals. I think most are just tired after being in the game for so long and jarred by the significant shift from the end of the previous expansion to the beginning of this one.
    I personally left because, as you said, I'm just tired of being in that game for so long. It has changed so dramatically from the way it was when I first fell in love with it that it simply is not the same game anymore and no longer holds the same appeal for me. That's all. Not specifically because it's 'too casual' or 'too hardcore', in fact if anything Blizzard is making a mess of it by trying to juggle both without finding a happy medium. Everything has become too extreme, sitting too far on one end of the spectrum or the other. But that's just my opinion.

You are quite right, though. It's the WoW forums, outside of an off-topic section, really all discussion there should be relating to their game. It's no wonder that they delete Rift threads.
    -[B A R D]-
    SERVING YOUR DISTRACTION NEEDS SINCE 1989
    RULES TO LIVE BY
    Artwork: DeviantArt
    Music: Youtube

All in all, it's a hunger for change.
    Raithe - Paragon PVE DPS, Champ PVP, Reaver Tank

The pity train has just derailed @ the intersection of suck it up & move on, and crashed into we all have problems, before coming to a complete stop @ get the heck over it. Any complaints about how we operate, can be forwarded to 1-800-wa wa wa with Dr. Sniffle reporting live from Quitchur B1tching.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I personally left because, as you said, I'm just tired of being in that game for so long. It has changed so dramatically from the way it was when I first fell in love with it that it simply is not the same game anymore and no longer holds the same appeal for me. That's all. Not specifically because it's 'too casual' or 'too hardcore', in fact if anything Blizzard is making a mess of it by trying to juggle both without finding a happy medium. Everything has become too extreme, sitting too far on one end of the spectrum or the other. But that's just my opinion.

You are quite right, though. It's the WoW forums, outside of an off-topic section, really all discussion there should be relating to their game. It's no wonder that they delete Rift threads.
    Same here. My main paladin who I have played since vanilla now has a combo point system...Needless to say I re-rolled mains and still got bored with the new guy. Cata to me was the same thing as wrath, except it was a little harder and different scenery.

Champion

The same people making Rift threads on the WoW forums now are the ones who will be trashing these forums praising SWTOR or GW2 when they leave Rift for one reason or another later on. Trolls will be trolls.

Soulwalker

I agree...its not that Rift is any better/worse then wow...its just those who have played wow for years (since beta here) are bored with it...I am looking as Rift as something new and interesting. I love the feel of the rifts that interrupt our questing and throw everything into chaos.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Vinge View Post
    They'll all be back in WoW when the discover there are no 10 man instances in Rift.

Oh noes now i'll never get my epic!!
    I have my epics. My issue with Cata... and be honest.... WTF is there to do OUTSDIE of raiding? You can easily get the Loremaster of Cataclysm in a good weekend of grinding. I had mine 5 days after Cata's release..... 5 days... After that I had TB dailies to grind to get my Drake.... Done.... Then it was rep grinding in Heroics.... All exalted. And all this after only a few months? Cata was in no way shape or form a well thought out expansion. It was in fact the brain child of someone that has a drooling problem.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by 420 View Post
    i think alot of wow players(myself included) have just bin waiting for something else to play,and for me atleast rift is it.
    That's pretty much where I'm at. I've been trying almost every new MMO, trying to find something that can replace WoW. I hope Rift is it.

Not to mention that all WoW classes are becoming too similar and have lost their uniqueness.
    Raithe - Paragon PVE DPS, Champ PVP, Reaver Tank

The pity train has just derailed @ the intersection of suck it up & move on, and crashed into we all have problems, before coming to a complete stop @ get the heck over it. Any complaints about how we operate, can be forwarded to 1-800-wa wa wa with Dr. Sniffle reporting live from Quitchur B1tching.

I love it when people bring up this nebulous idea about who Blizz caters too, and it's always not the group whom the person making the argument identifies themselves with. The problem is that they cater to no one. Every decision is made with the end-goal of raiding your wallet to maximize profit, not on pleasing their customer base. This has left them without any real direction to go, and you can only hold casuals, soccer moms, and hardcores together for so long. I hope Trion has more long-term focus on who their core customer is.

And about the hardcores.... WOW was never that type of game. You can faceroll anything in the game, you don't need spreadsheets and mods to play the game for you to get purples.
    All the cool kids put the specs on their rig here, so I'll use this space to tell you my computer sucks.

Have any of you worked a job so long that the very idea of showing up on Monday made you cringe? Well that's how many people feel about WoW now. It's a job. The "fun" element has been long gone. As mentioned previously, many of us are simply looking for the next best thing to come along & Rift is it.

Wow was a great game but it's time has passed, at least for me. It still remains the 2nd best game I ever played (Diablo2) in the fantasy genre. I'm looking forward to Rift & I could care less about how similar or different it is than whatever else is out. As long as it remains fun, it will be the game I play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro View Post
    I have my epics. My issue with Cata... and be honest.... WTF is there to do OUTSDIE of raiding? You can easily get the Loremaster of Cataclysm in a good weekend of grinding. I had mine 5 days after Cata's release..... 5 days... After that I had TB dailies to grind to get my Drake.... Done.... Then it was rep grinding in Heroics.... All exalted. And all this after only a few months? Cata was in no way shape or form a well thought out expansion. It was in fact the brain child of someone that has a drooling problem.
    What was there to do outside of raiding when the previous WoW expansions hit? (And if you play as much per day as it sounds like you do, you'll burn through anything really quickly.)
    What I want to see in a next-gen MMORPG:
    • A more active combat experience, moving away (but not entirely discarding) stat sheets and random number generators to determine combat results and instead gives more credence to dodging, blocking, and timing.
    • An immersive questing experience that doesn't require you to talk to and turn in quests to NPCs yet can still tell a story.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast