Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RIFT vs WOW

Firstly, rift is still in Beta and it's already outshines world of warcraft, my opinion.

Secondly, how is rift even a clone, or how can people say it is? Saying, Rift is a clone of world of warcraft, is saying Rift is world of warcraft, now, if you say it clones some of the UI (User interface) then maybe, the toolbars are the same, or similarties in every MMO, and Non-MMO Rpg game out there, It's easy to use, so why would people change it? The character portraits are similar, yes. But much better. Rift is in no ways a clone to World of warcraft, it fulls into the same genre, and similar UI (Every game as near the same UI) The graphics are better, completely different story, completely different character creation and customisation for them, animations for characters are completely different, not to mention the dynamic worlds and rifts forming randomly, and Invasions. It's nothing like world of warcraft, It's like comparing a car, to a horse.

So stop with the "Wow is a clone" (Not saying any of you are, just for the people who think it, usally idiots of the age 12-17 (Not saying you are if your in that age group) who get told one thing and that's it, they trust it)

Peace.

Soulwalker

yes its very similar. i played 1 game it was a f2p game. after few minutes playing i swore i logged into my wow account.

theres no such thing as the best game. its all about personal perference. its like martial arts. i get sick of peeps talkin bout how brazilian jiu-jitsu is the end all/best art. if it was there be mostly no other reason for other martial artists to have schools. after all why join some 2nd rate place where you can go for the best. same with games. what will make them stand out will be customer service and how/when they handle bugs/exploits/game fixes

personally i like rift alot.ive already unsubbed a few of my p2p games.lets face it you cant play em all every week and still make decent progress in a game

Quote Originally Posted by Desire View Post
    My troll druid is now a flying bat.

/nerdrage

ew. really??

My druid's most basic HoT just got nerfed last Tuesday w/ consuming 20% of base mana. Put that in a 5-man healing thru a strong AoE dmg and see how long the group lives

Their dev's seem to be trying to sabotage their own player base: "Hmm, well, 1st, we'll reduce the amount of talents the players can have AND lock them out of all talent trees but ONE because they're obviously not bright enough to figure it out on their own and our armory doesn't like Hybrid specs. 2nd, We'll make the content more 'challenging' and 3rd, we'll slowly take all the abilities away from each of the classes that they've grown accustomed to over the years and see how they handle the Harder content with less talents and lowered abilities. But, we'll give them Archeology and Guild Perks to make up for it! "

I'm re-rolling Rift...I'm tired of the WoW kids in trade, the constant patch nerfs, and now the forums there are even being policed so heavily it's insane...they took Off-Topic out completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    More of a WoW clone than any other mmo that has come out since WoWs release. This isn't a bad thing, especially since it is a better vanilla WoW clone than Cataclysm is.
    Clarify? Have you played any other MMO's since you jumped on the WoW-Wagon?

I've played DAOC, WAR, WOW, and AOC, and to me it seems like Rift is more of a DAoC/WAR clone than WoW.

Mods should really lock these threads.
    "Lets get our postcounts up with pointless comments about wich game is better"
    Play what you want to play, no need to overkill it.
    Last edited by oljemannen; 02-10-2011 at 08:53 AM.
    I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?

Soulwalker

why even make this thread? why? honestly what good can come of a vs. thread?

you(the OP) knows all this will do is cause drama, lure in trolls, and just have negative answers and flaming all around?

then again, this is what you wanted, you wanted to lure people in to confrontation.

I agree lock this thread, he's making a VS. thread of a game that is technically still in BETA and no one has experienced end game yet.
    Last edited by neaaden; 02-10-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Plane Touched

Default REALY all ready

Quote Originally Posted by oljemannen View Post
    Mods should really lock these threads.
    "Lets get our postcounts up with pointless comments about wich game is better"
    Play what you want to play, no need to overkill it.
    Come on all you Fanboy's of WOW piss off. WOW=Dead and Rift=Game of the year enough said k Thx bye

Ascendant

Hi folks,

We've closed this thread because we do not feel it has been a constructive discussion. If you have any questions about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2