+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I threw away money *sighs*

Prophet of Telara

Default I threw away money *sighs*

My Riftdrawls were so bad I just had to find something to play for the next 17 days (well not 17 anymore) that I somehow convinced my self that "Earthrise" might fill the void. I have to sa, it is a VERY VERY pretty game, really amazingly so. Aside from that though, if you aren't into world PvP it's not going to give much enjoyment. Sadly there was no trial so I had to plunk down $50 and got 3 whole hours of enjoyment out of it. The game just released and the server is not overly stable. If you like that sandbox type game, I'm sure there is a crowd that will (and did from the in-game chat) love it. For me though... poor substitute and with a no refund policy I feel very much like I would if I had stayed up to late watching Tv and someohow bought a snuggie, pajama jeans, and a sham-wow.

One funny thing though was all the people in world chat fighting about... RIFT! Lots of people there waiting for Rift to launch and lots on the other side. It was funny to see another game where the primary topic was not WOW but Rift.

I want my money back.... anyone want to buy a slightly used account?
    A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the lyrics.

Hmm, I tried to get into their beta way back when, the F'ers snubbed me.My feelings are still hurt so I wont try their game, that'll teach'em.

Ascendant

Heh, Earthrise. The game that you pay a monthly fee to alpha test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagny_Kiara View Post
    My Riftdrawls were so bad I just had to find something to play for the next 17 days (well not 17 anymore) that I somehow convinced my self that "Earthrise" might fill the void. I have to sa, it is a VERY VERY pretty game, really amazingly so. Aside from that though, if you aren't into world PvP it's not going to give much enjoyment. Sadly there was no trial so I had to plunk down $50 and got 3 whole hours of enjoyment out of it. The game just released and the server is not overly stable. If you like that sandbox type game, I'm sure there is a crowd that will (and did from the in-game chat) love it. For me though... poor substitute and with a no refund policy I feel very much like I would if I had stayed up to late watching Tv and someohow bought a snuggie, pajama jeans, and a sham-wow.

One funny thing though was all the people in world chat fighting about... RIFT! Lots of people there waiting for Rift to launch and lots on the other side. It was funny to see another game where the primary topic was not WOW but Rift.

I want my money back.... anyone want to buy a slightly used account?
    Sorry Dag , But if you post more pictures of you in that sexy black dress we will al send you 50 cents until you get your 50 bucks back lol , Evil lying bastard am i (chuckle)

What's wrong with snuggies and sham-wow? ><

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by winterfall View Post
    Heh, Earthrise. The game that you pay a monthly fee to alpha test it.
    It's live now, cost me $49.99 for the DD and 30 days... I didn;t use 4 hours... it's just not for me. Probably great if you are hardcore PvP and I'm pretty much softcore... wait, that sounds wrong.
    A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the lyrics.

Ascendant

Earthrise upset me =( had hopes of it being the new skill needing pvp game but its so badly done right now and the pvp is crap from what iv seen. As for stability, the company who make it are a bit crap.. you need to wait 6 months to play anything they make so they have time to fix all the problems

Soulwalker

Back on oblivion to kill the time.

play cod, haha.

Why pay at all for a game you know you are not going to invest time in when there are a number of very polished f2p games out there right now? There are at least four that come to my mind immediately and that isn't even counting the mass of Asian-style microtransaction-only ones.

Wish you would've said something. If you're looking to throw money away, throw it at me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHdXG2gV01k

Funny Stuff

I did the same thing, but I re-activated my Star Trek Online account and mucked through that for a few weeks. I cancelled because of poor customer service; the in-game ship databases had incorrect information that I referenced before selecting my upgrade vessel, and they wouldn't let me mulligan.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by mangochutnee View Post
    Why pay at all for a game you know you are not going to invest time in when there are a number of very polished f2p games out there right now? There are at least four that come to my mind immediately and that isn't even counting the mass of Asian-style microtransaction-only ones.
    I didn't say it was a smart thing I did. I was just looking for something that would hold my interest and not something old and tired... ok in hinsight... hey, I'm the OP I already admitted my stupidty and temporary insanity... how about a hug instead?

you could prolly find a game to kill sometime with, here. http://mmohut.com/ . The site has a list of a lot free to play mmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagny_Kiara View Post
    I didn't say it was a smart thing I did. I was just looking for something that would hold my interest and not something old and tired... ok in hinsight... hey, I'm the OP I already admitted my stupidty and temporary insanity... how about a hug instead?
    /platonichug

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast