+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: I threw away money *sighs*

Rift Disciple

I do like red, helps you stand out in a place filled with black wearing people.
    I like to flaunt.
    Last edited by Synthia; 02-08-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Women, sigh.....
    Spitescar PvP <Catalyst>

Guardian
    Sephiria
    Sephyra

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnustus View Post
    New tower, transfers, faction changes, 5 years of paying for time, Vanilla, BC, WotlK, Cata, Authenticator, pets from the blizz shop, and who can forget that stupid mount.

60 months of WoW time cost about $900 dollars before taxes lol
    My goodness. Well, I shouldn't talk. I spent more than that alone on art of my self-created avatar.

I'm playing a 1.12 private WoW server at the moment. Free WoW back when it was still awesome. Just did a MC run last night.
    I probably shouldn't openly say I'm playing a WoW private server.... but.... it's not like Blizz is hosting vanilla pre-fail server.

Also, has anyone played DCUO? I was thinking about getting it right when it launched to kill time before rift. At this point I'm not going to but i was curious if it was entertaining.
    Last edited by Concept2; 02-08-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Concept2 View Post
    I'm playing a 1.12 private WoW server at the moment. Free WoW back when it was still awesome. Just did a MC run last night.
    I probably shouldn't openly say I'm playing a WoW private server.... but.... it's not like Blizz is hosting vanilla pre-fail server.

Also, has anyone played DCUO? I was thinking about getting it right when it launched to kill time before rift. At this point I'm not going to but i was curious if it was entertaining.
    Let's put it this way, you can play DCUO with a PSIII control pad. As far as superhero MMOs are concerned, there's City of Heroes...and that's pretty much it. Champions and DCUO are both really sub-par compared to CoH.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    Hmmm i wonder what type of audience that might be.

Let me know what you think of WAR once you play it. If you have questions feel free to PM. Like i said.. i put my time into that game. Then again.. with Rift open beta but a week away, you wont have much time to "get into" the game lol.
    WAr strikes me as very WOW... only played the first 3 levels and it's ok.. but I think to keep me busy I may just crank up my olf Runes of Magic acct
    A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the lyrics.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Synthia View Post
    I do like red, helps you stand out in a place filled with black wearing people.
    I like to flaunt.
    If you have the right skin/hair coloring to pull it off, so does white.
    A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the lyrics.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dagny_Kiara View Post
    WAr strikes me as very WOW... only played the first 3 levels and it's ok.. but I think to keep me busy I may just crank up my olf Runes of Magic acct
    Have you considered the single-player game route? For example, I picked up Dragon Age: Origins a while back and work my way through it when I'm not MMOing.

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

It's live now, cost me $49.99 for the DD and 30 days... I didn;t use 4 hours... it's just not for me. Probably great if you are hardcore PvP and I'm pretty much softcore... wait, that sounds wrong.
    Haha!

And i know what it is like to waste money I just bought DCUO a few weeks ago... it was fun leveling but.. just can't seem to get into it. :/

Fail.

/10char
    How did this get here?

Quote Originally Posted by Laughter View Post
    Haha!

And i know what it is like to waste money I just bought DCUO a few weeks ago... it was fun leveling but.. just can't seem to get into it. :/
    I feel you. I bought the regular edition, liked that then dropped another $100 on the ce. Game is complete garbage (it has serious potential though). I should've spent the money on Dagny.
    Last edited by Blackthorn; 02-08-2011 at 11:30 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHdXG2gV01k

Funny Stuff

Default Hey There

Everquest 2 and Lord Of The Rings Online are free to play right now. I wish I told you before you spent your cash.
    Last edited by Domino1399; 02-08-2011 at 11:41 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    I feel you. I bought the regular edition, liked that then dropped another $100 on the ce. Game is complete garbage (it has serious potential though). I should've spent the money on Dagny.
    It really does have potential I had SO much fun leveling. I got two to level 30. Then stopped playing after i got some gear in hard alerts... it's sad ;(

My Riftdrawls were so bad I just had to find something to play for the next 17 days (well not 17 anymore) that I somehow convinced my self that "Earthrise" might fill the void. I have to sa, it is a VERY VERY pretty game, really amazingly so. Aside from that though, if you aren't into world PvP it's not going to give much enjoyment. Sadly there was no trial so I had to plunk down $50 and got 3 whole hours of enjoyment out of it. The game just released and the server is not overly stable. If you like that sandbox type game, I'm sure there is a crowd that will (and did from the in-game chat) love it. For me though... poor substitute and with a no refund policy I feel very much like I would if I had stayed up to late watching Tv and someohow bought a snuggie, pajama jeans, and a sham-wow.

One funny thing though was all the people in world chat fighting about... RIFT! Lots of people there waiting for Rift to launch and lots on the other side. It was funny to see another game where the primary topic was not WOW but Rift.

I want my money back.... anyone want to buy a slightly used account?

I bought final fantasy fourteen, I win. Earthrise did sound conceptually pretty solid, I stopped following it awhile ago, and a lot of the things it promised did suit my playstyle, so I may revisit it at some point, it is of course always less than stellar when you don't get enough enjoyment out of a product though, that is unfortunate.
    I wish I had a comprehension gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughter View Post
    It really does have potential I had SO much fun leveling. I got two to level 30. Then stopped playing after i got some gear in hard alerts... it's sad ;(
    I got one guy to 22, and one villain to 15....there is no point to playing more toons...no replay value, quests are virtually the same. I don't even want to touch it for the 3 days i have left of my initial 30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHdXG2gV01k

Funny Stuff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast